Tuesday Discussion Thread

bullpens are out of gas and we still have two months left. Yikes

leans:
gutierrez (but how can you back CIN bullpen rn?)
WEBBL (another cheap price on Webb, but he's been very good and SF bullpen has been good lately besides the Rogers BS)
RICHARDSG (struggled with his slider since the sticky stuff was outlawed and he voiced his concern, but hasn't been as bad as it seemed since he was using his slider so much. Classic inferior SP but major bullpen advantage as evidenced tonight since TOR has no bridge to romano)
KELLERB (KC stole DET momentum and have won 6 in a row, Cease is not the same guy he was early in the season and Keller has found it again)
FLEXEN (hard to see him surviving vs that potent HOU lineup but it's hard to argue with his success this season)
wainwright (happy to be against Quantrill and the CLE bullpen is looking shaky. Hard to win when your pitching is all you have and both ends are shaky tomorrow)
gomber (but you'd have to back COL and do it on the road)
kaprielian (inferior team, but not convinced two-pitch Paddack has figured out his curveball well enough despite a good outing @ ATL)

hell yea I like where your heads at sir. Agree on almost every lean of yours.
Flexen vs Houston at safeco earlier this year 1-0 loss but he pitched well. I like Seattle after this epic comeback. Think they’re playing inspired rn. Might go spread instead

love Webb at home.
Lean Oakland. Paddock has been garbage at petco 6.98 era, righties hitting .398 against him with a .898 ops. I’m digging The over there also

Reds are too scary. Guittierez got called back up. Pitched cubs well his first game at Wrigley couple months ago. His road numbers are so much better than at great American but If wind is blowing out again could be a long night for both sp. cubs have the edge because of the superior bp as you said.
Agree on sox Rockies and royals but not strong
Not sure about Indians. Guess clev ff would be way to go? Wainwright just average on the road this year. Still give bp advantage to Indians. As bad as they were last series, cards bp was equally awful against cubs last weekend.

Other things I like...yanks rays under. Montgomery historically pitches really well against rays and lefties in general.

Then a’s pads over as mentioned earlier.

better lookin lines than Monday that’s for sure.

Jays, Phils over, Cards, Stros over

Do we know if Frazier is starting for the Pads today?

Back