Tuesday can the Astros be stopped Discussion

GWarner27

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium
leans from the BOL open (pregame is messed up showing Pinnacle opening at 8am and 5D with lines 15 hours early):
MIL u7 +110
SD -114
TEX +150
TB +120
CLE u7.5 +105

on the radar:
MIA +167
StL -132
NYY -112
MIN -106
DET +110
CLE +101
NYM -138/o7 -115

Last edited:
Don't predict when the Astros lose, just bet the Astros. Sometimes the gambling gods give you a streak, you win a bunch and lose one at the end. (Disclaimer, I'm not laying 180 on Monday.)

i think scrubbies and over again. gonna wait cause i think cards will prob take some money given their history off a loss. our pen logging a lot of innings tonight and with lyons going 2marro, even if he good, i just dont think it reasonable to expect him to get thru this lineup 3x which id assume would be 6th at the very latest. if he only makes it 5 i really think the pen would get hit. even 6 and id prob live bet scrubbies if they were actually down. villanueva gonna take one for the pen and turn in 3 prob tonight, so 2marro it would be the maness/choate/belilse (i know im spelling last 1 wrong) early, dont trust any of them. then a little more power arms late.

id assume kendricks will be good enough, cards prob be good for 3-4 runs which be nice for the over. i just think scrubbies will have a chance off lyons early and some of our suspect middle relief later on..

how can you not love SD?

Cashner at SF 6.50 ERA based on 18 innings 0-3 lifetime. 3-7 last 10 road games.
its hard to like Vogelsong based on his body of work so fat but 3 runs in 8 innings at home. Nothing stands out except the Giants have started a real winning streak. Ump info will be useful

Cashner at SF 6.50 ERA based on 18 innings 0-3 lifetime. 3-7 last 10 road games.
its hard to like Vogelsong based on his body of work so fat but 3 runs in 8 innings at home. Nothing stands out except the Giants have started a real winning streak. Ump info will be useful
from baseball-reference...doesn't look like much history with Drake for Cashner, only 1.2 IP with no starts.

Vogelsong is 2-0 with Drake for his career with a WHIP OF 1.135, 3.65 ERA and 12.1 IP, BA for hitters is .205

Played Braves -1 RL (-101), Cubs/Cards over 8 (-110)

If there is one thing that i know about 2dabank, it's to listen when he recommends fading his teams. Only thing that i didn't like about that over was Bill Welke behind the plate. Looked at his recent games, though, and lo and behold, he's 5-1 OU this season. Cubs are killing lefties this season and particularly of late (4.89 runs/9 vs LHP on season, 6.28 L10 games). Hot, humid and a 10 mph breeze expected to LF. Think this one has a high ceiling.

Can't belive I lost Cubs bet yesterday....that plus the Rockets fold job puts me in a great mood today....

Played A's TT over 4 (-110)

A's have played 27 games.
They've scored 3 or less in 8, exactly 4 in 4, and 5+ runs in 15.
In 22 games versus RHP starter, they've scored 3 or less in 6, exactly 4 in 2, and 5+ runs in 14.

i think scrubbies and over again. gonna wait cause i think cards will prob take some money given their history off a loss. our pen logging a lot of innings tonight and with lyons going 2marro, even if he good, i just dont think it reasonable to expect him to get thru this lineup 3x which id assume would be 6th at the very latest. if he only makes it 5 i really think the pen would get hit. even 6 and id prob live bet scrubbies if they were actually down. villanueva gonna take one for the pen and turn in 3 prob tonight, so 2marro it would be the maness/choate/belilse (i know im spelling last 1 wrong) early, dont trust any of them. then a little more power arms late.

id assume kendricks will be good enough, cards prob be good for 3-4 runs which be nice for the over. i just think scrubbies will have a chance off lyons early and some of our suspect middle relief later on..

thank you for this, it's needed

Played A's TT over 4 (-110)

A's have played 27 games.
They've scored 3 or less in 8, exactly 4 in 4, and 5+ runs in 15.
In 22 games versus RHP starter, they've scored 3 or less in 6, exactly 4 in 2, and 5+ runs in 14.

funny to see that because their offense is horrible and i am really looking forward to being against them as much as possible this year

funny to see that because their offense is horrible and i am really looking forward to being against them as much as possible this year

yeah, don't ask me to explain it. when you look at their lineup, they definitely don't look like the second highest scoring team in MLB...

First bet Colorado first 5. May expand to game after umps
The last pitcher Colorado faced was Josh for 8 innings
Arizona has seen Matzek 5 innings this season
This season on 6 plus he is listed as 5.91 ERA based on 10.2 innings.
Matzek career is 3.18 based on 17 innings
This season 4 innings 2.25 ERA
At Colorado Josh has a 5.84 ERA based on 24.1 innings
Average bet.Collmenter: 7-0 after a game where he did not walk a batter
COLORADO is 53-85 against right-handed starters
Be careful here

Last edited:
Not as high on Salazar as others, Vargas isn't a stud but KC has won 5 of his L7 starts, Cle has upped their team avg vs Lhp but still not winning games started by Lhp (2-8 L10), KC has won 1st game of series in all 8 series this season, Cle 3-14 L17 G1 of series, Cle 0-7 L7 off a win

PITTSBURGH is 19-5 (+12.5 Units) against the money line in home games when playing with a day off over the last 3 seasons.

Latos career 24 starts Mar/Apr 4-11 4.74, 22 starts May 13-3 3.06
Latos 3 career starts in DC 2-0 2.04
Stras was hit pretty good by fish already this season, Stanton has big numbers vs
Mia 19-9 L2 seasons on Tues, 14-6 L20
Nats 3-12 L15 Tues Stras starts, 4-12 Tues starts in his career
Nats 3-8 L11 G2 of series

Estrada- not a fan of relievers stretching out
I do like Pineda, and I especially like him on 5 days rest, 18 starts 9-3 2.55 vs 4 days rest 16 starts 7-7 3.70
3 good starts vs Tor in a row for Pineda

Latos career 24 starts Mar/Apr 4-11 4.74, 22 starts May 13-3 3.06
Latos 3 career starts in DC 2-0 2.04
Stras was hit pretty good by fish already this season, Stanton has big numbers vs
Mia 19-9 L2 seasons on Tues, 14-6 L20
Nats 3-12 L15 Tues Stras starts, 4-12 Tues starts in his career
Nats 3-8 L11 G2 of series
Good reasoning

Gabe (gyno) was saying last season, back around June/July, how baseball is the shit for capping and if you put the work into it is the easiest sport to handicap. Add to those thoughts the sheer volume of games and opportunities to make plays and have action going, and I agree with him. Baseball is the shit. Some people don't like it because it "takes too long" or because "kids aren't into it" but you know what? Let those people cry about all the shit that doesn't align with their short-attention spans and smart phones. ;)

Not trusting Norris in any road starts, and I want pitchers to be in a routine. .not on 8 days rest, 6 era in 2 CitI starts, O's lose a bat, Mets last AB if needed, Bal 1-6 L7 G1 of series

Not trusting Norris in any road starts, and I want pitchers to be in a routine. .not on 8 days rest, 6 era in 2 CitI starts, O's lose a bat, Mets last AB if needed, Bal 1-6 L7 G1 of series
Norris 12.18 in his last 4 starts

Can't belive I lost Cubs bet yesterday....that plus the Rockets fold job puts me in a great mood today....

my cards have gotten me twice the last 3 days. freaking pit stranding like 20 runners when liriano pitched a gem and then last night. last night was a real kick in the nuts cause if cubs win i think we get a even better line on them today based off cards history off losses alone. there no reason scrubbies shouldnt do some damage to ty lyons and our middle relief didnt exactly get rested last night. guess if anything what last night did was get me to split cubs gm and ff tonight. didnt realize scrubbies pen was potentially worse than a run down cards pen! starting pitching alone i think dictates some money on a cubs ff at + odds..

Gabe (gyno) was saying last season, back around June/July, how baseball is the shit for capping and if you put the work into it is the easiest sport to handicap. Add to those thoughts the sheer volume of games and opportunities to make plays and have action going, and I agree with him. Baseball is the shit. Some people don't like it because it "takes too long" or because "kids aren't into it" but you know what? Let those people cry about all the shit that doesn't align with their short-attention spans and smart phones. ;)

amen!

dont get me wrong, i generally take a few weeks or so after the all-star break and sometimes a week before at some point cause it is a grind. the post all star break is as much cause i typically have no clue and get killed during that time as it hard to expect teams to play how you have seen them up until that point as some come out fired up while others appear to be on extended vacation..

Maybe. Will not be playing Miami. Bottom line Washington is rolling right now and was swept by Miami earlier this season. I will not play the Cubs because they keep losing and the Cards are in an awesome mode. I did play Seattle because of perceived improvements and little respect for Angels. Tampa is under consideration as is the under. Covers matchups has massive trends supporting that under.
WS Rl maybe. I think Greene has been unlucky but that may continue and WS are in kill mode.
Houston--probably at least a small bet only based on Suck ASS refs but Wandy is 36 and has a jhard time getting work and is a left hander that the Astros know well
while Feldman is 10-9 at home for the Astros career including a very long time where they were terrible.

Last edited:
Maybe. Will not be playing Miami. Bottom line Washington is rolling right now and was swept by Miami earlier this season. I will not play the Cubs because they keep losing and the Cards are in an awesome mode.

cards never go on these kind of prolonged win streaks, especially this early. dont get me wrong they win series, after series, after series in bunches throughout the year. i just dont recall many win streaks approaching 10 over the last several years (i could be wrong tho).. i know they playing great but they living on a prayer the last 4, the way they winning cant keep up, i wouldnt think anyway. the over is probably as good as the side. it just personal to me now that they have beat me twice the last 3 days. really like the pitching matchup for scrubbies as well and i still feel like our pen is ripe to get shelled sooner than later..

Yes but this streak started when Wainright went down and I have no problem waiting for it to break. GL

Maybe. Will not be playing Miami. Bottom line Washington is rolling right now and was swept by Miami earlier this season. I will not play the Cubs because they keep losing and the Cards are in an awesome mode. I did play Seattle because of perceived improvements and little respect for Angels. Tampa is under consideration as is the under. Covers matchups has massive trends supporting that under.
WS Rl maybe. I think Greene has been unlucky but that may continue and WS are in kill mode.
Houston--probably at least a small bet only based on Suck ASS refs but Wandy is 36 and has a jhard time getting work and is a left hander that the Astros know well
while Feldman is 10-9 at home for the Astros career including a very long time where they were terrible.

sea looked good to me at 1st glance as well. havnt finished with that one but like paxton at nice + money..

I like to bet against bad teams playing badly or in strong spots. Over in the game makes some sense.

my favorite sport by far even with the grind

It's great because there are so many different opportunities and angles... i rarely ever bet a side on a game though... maybe one or two a week

Back