Tuesday Bases

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
66-39-3 +$8,463.98

Almost made up for Sunday on Monday but I am taking this shit more seriously this wk as I got nothing to do until July but bet baseball and live my life. Treating baseball as my job for the most part this summer.. Some luck in the Phillies game but bullpens continue to crumble. Dice K pitched real well like I had thought and Gorzelanny better start getting more respect. Bergman opened my eyes and Meche/Haren, a great pitchers duel.. Did not see the Royals winning in the 9th.

Leans:

Brewers -106
Mets -136
Reds +104
Orioles -113
Yanks -142
Mariners -118
A's -1.5 +100

I am going through the games now/later so I will update this shit with my thoughts as I go through the games..

Lets keep the train rolling, GL to all

Last edited:
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">everything- love the O's and Brew Crew! Yanks look good too! GL with whatever you decide!
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pinella says Zambrano has adjusted his pitching mechanics. Check mlb.com for the article.

Yea but he still walks too many guys, gets too pumped up for games, and the bullpen is terrible and it seems like he has yet to pitch a complete game this yr always breaking down 1 inning. Lee didn't make the trip.. This is a reason I might stay away from the game but Maine should not be overlooked here. I am looking at the stuff now

looks like some good leans, with the M's as good as King Felix is I just think he may struggle enough for the Angels to win a low scoring game.

MODS, I just want to comment on the quality of board you run here. I read the site across the street daily because there are some quality thoughts there if you shift through the bullshit but the stuff going on there now is just mind blowing. People got their panties in a bunch cause Buffet Gambler stopped posting plays and some posters hit a cold steak...There are cappers having tremendous yrs there and they get ripped apart by clowns who blindly tail when they have a losing day. I am sorry but if you blindly tail someone you have no room for complaints. Those people capping owe them nothing and the shit over there is just too much. Seriously, great job regulating this place. Now onto the games..

Brewers -106: It might be fun for some to fade the Brew Crew but that shit stops here. Yes they blew a game in the 8th inning that I got the chance to benefit from but they are not a bad team by any means. A usually reliable bullpen broke down in the 8th but this is a young team and I think young teams have short memories. To add to this, don't think this team went on this road trip w/ the Mets and Phillies to not make a statement in the NL. They havent lost 3 games in a row since back in the beginning of April when they dropped 3 to LA/Cubs in the first wk of the yr...Overall dating back to last yr and including Monday, Brewers have won 6/7 games from the Phillies. They are another scrappy team and they throw out the better Pitcher in this game. Vargas, his career vs. the Phillies hasnt been stellar but this yr he has been pretty reliable. Adam Eaton is a liability on the mound, no way around it.

Vargas last 6 starts: Wsh = 6ip, 4h, 1er....Pitt =6ip, 4h, 0er...@Hou =5ip, 4h, 0er...@CHC =4ip, 6h, 4er...Pitt=6ip, 5h, 1er...@Fla =5ip, 5h, 1er...

Eaton last 5 starts: @Zona =7ip, 7h, 3er...@SF = 5ip, 8h, 6er... Fla = 4.1ip, 10h, 7er... Hous =6ip, 7h, 4er..@Wash =6ip, 4h, 4er.

Really Eaton has not seen that much of the Brewer hitters: Counsell =.385 in 13ab, Estrada =.600 in 5ab, Hall =.200 in 5ab, Jenkins = .364 in 11ab..

Vargas who is 1-3 w/ 6.49 in career vs. Phillies over 43ip is not facing the same Phillies team that has cause him trouble either.. Burrell = .267 in 15ab, Nunez = .067 in 15ab, Rowand =.250 in 4ab, Rollins = .316 in 19ab, Utley = .500 in 6ab.

Despite the disaster last night I have to give the Brewer bullpen the edge here.

Mets -140: All this talk about Zambrano's mechanics doesnt really do much for me. Lee could be in the game tomorrow but Maine has just been fine this yr. Zambrano has put together 1 really solid effort this yr vs. St Louie. Other wise he has 1 inning that haunts him. He just hasn't been the pitcher that was hyped coming into the season and I think he might hype himself up too much in the game vs. the Mets. Maine on the other hand has been pretty much lights out this yr..Last start Maine gave up the most runs he has all season, 3, vs the Giants in a game he walked 6 batters. He has gone atleast 6ip in every start but the first one since Philly and this is his first start at home since 4/23 so I think he will be happy to pitch in front of his home crowd. Bullpen edge def. goes to the Mets here in this game..Zambrao has had some decent success vs most of the Mets hitters: Beltran = .143 in 7ab, Delgado = .182 in 11ab, Reyes = 1.67 in 6ab, Wright = .167 in 6ab, LoDuca = .294 in 17ab, Green = .250 in 8ab, Chcez = .357 in 14ab. Maine has only faced the Cubs once and that was last yr where he went 8ip for the W.. Still undecided on this game really but think if I can get a better # on the Mets it might be too hard to pass up.

Reds +104: This follows a similiar theme as last week. The Reds win when Harang pitches. They are now 6-2 in his 8 starts and that display of offense tonight vs Maddux was terrible. They get to face another old pitcher but I think this one is a little more over the hill than Maddux. Both pitchers are 3-1 vs. their respective opposing teams. There are always concerns with the Reds heavy LH lineup vs. LHP... Wells has been hit for atleast 3 runs in everystart this yr minus one and hit for 4er or more in 4/6 starts. Harang has been hit for 5er in his last 3 starts so that is def a worry and he has benefited from run support in his starts. Reds bullpen is a liability as well. The lineup Harang will face tomorrow doesnt have that much history vs. him: Cameron =.308 in 13ab, B.Giles = .250 in 12ab, M.Giles = .250 in 12ab, Greene = .250 in 8ab.

Orioles -112: Ahh the bullpen concerns, I can't complain if I decide to play this game but I had to take a deeper look getting a shot at a quality pitcher in Cabrera vs a AAA callup. I am fully aware of what Litsch has done in AAA but look at what Lincecum did as well.. I think he gets a welcome to the big leagues type welcome from the Orioles. Cabrera could be a yr or two away and I have said that before. His last start vs. TB he was lit up for 6er. In a previous start this yr vs. BJ he gave up 4er over 6.1ip for a ND. As far as Litsch goes..

Litsch, 22, a 24th-round selection by the Jays in the 2004 June draft, has been having a sensational season at Double-A New Hampshire. In six starts, Litsch is 5-1 with a 0.96 ERA. In 37 2/3 innings, the right-hander has allowed 22 hits, walked seven and struck out 28.

I don't buy into those #'s too much because AAA is different than MLB. We will see how I feel in the morning on this game but expect the line to rise.

Yankes -146: Danks while he has been pretty good this yr for a Rookie, I think runs into trouble w/ the Yankee offense... Granted the Yankees have not been good this yr, its no secret, but the WSox have not been either. A rather anemic team on offense with out one of their best hitters vs. Mussina. I don't get to bet the Yankees a lot but here is a situation I might not be able to pass up. I would like 6ip and 2er from Moose here in this game. Thome is a big bat out of the lineup that hurts the WSox. I expect this line to rise so this decision will be made soon.

Mariners -120: At first glance I had to look at this game because it would be one of the cheapest lines you see King Felix at. After looking a little deeper I am not so sure anymore:

While on the DL, Hernandez had two scheduled starts scratched: May 4 in New York and May 9 at Detroit. Hernandez said his goal is to throw 85 pitches against the Angels on Tuesday. Seattle manager Mike Hargrove is thinking more conservatively. "He probably won't go (more) than 75-80 pitches," Hargrove said.

You have to figure that if he throws 15pitches an inning that is 5 innings of baseball from King Felix and than you must leave it up to the Mariner bullpen for 4 innings of bases.

A's -1.5 +100: I was going to give this play a hard look win or lose in Mondays game. Kennedy was the pitcher in the 17-3 beatdown last wk and quite frankly I don't think the Royals can win 3 in a row on the road. A's historically own the Royals as well..Bannister has worked 6ip only once this yr while the other two starts were 4.1 and 4.2ip. Kennedy has flown under the radar for the most part this yr but has turned out quality start after quality start.. He has allowed no more than 3er in any start this yr..

At first glance I really liked this card, I have not played more than 4 games in a day since 4/10 where I went 3-2 but Tuesday could shape up for a big card.

Locked in some but will rehit like usual..I am done on the Yankee game.. Will decide on rest of card later

Brew Crew $318 to Win $300
A's -1.5 $250 to Win $250
Yankees $438 to Win $300
Yankees -1.5 $100 to Win $105

Really like that Brewers - Vargas not getting the respect he deserves, especially with the offense he has behind him. Eaton has been garbage and Howard being out obviously a plus.

Love the Mets. Don't care about Zambrano changing his mechanics either - he's overrated, way overrated based on this season so far, and this is an awesome price on Maine at home.

I like the A's -1.5 but have a hard time trusting the A's offense - nice to have Milton back in there acting all crazy and firing people up. Plus, if they can hit anyone, hopefully Bannister is the guy. BOL.

ETG, I have been tailing (tail in baseball-Cap football and the ponies) you for a month ( except on Sundays) and have $$$$ . Keep up the good work, Congrats on graduating and I will never bitch about a loss my money-my decision..GLTA

ETG, I have been tailing (tail in baseball-Cap football and the ponies) you for a month ( except on Sundays) and have $$$$ . Keep up the good work, Congrats on graduating and I will never bitch about a loss my money-my decision..GLTA

12Pounder - Glad to see you are making money. I should do what you do and fade myself on Sundays....I am 4-10-1 on the last day of the week...Good catch buddy lol.. Overall though, the bold part I wasnt talking about this board, just covers.

Ulysses - I am a little scared of the A's offense but Bannister should provide all the needed help. They are really unpredictable.

Jack - Thanks, hope it keeps going well.

Jump - Its really tough to put your money on this team.. I think the team who is 3-10 in May can win a game with Harang on the mound but the Over might be a better play.

Bar - Thanks a lot man!

Farm - Best of Luck, hope the Yanks roll..

To update the bets for the day so far..

Brew Crew $540 to Win $500
A's -1.5 $460 to Win $450
Yankees $438 to Win $300

Trout - Def thought about playing the Braves RL, still havent ruled it out yet. Nats can't keep winning..lol

Yanks - Best of luck man, I hope there are a lot of runs too, just from the Brewers

Renew - I am going to stay away from the M's just too much uncertainty surrounding the King..

As far as the rest of the card, I am trying to pick 1 of these games.

Mets -146: I thought more people would be falling for the hype of Zambrano and his mechanics.. Want this line to drop

Reds +105: Give me more, give me more. If the Juice dropped on the O/U I think Over 7.5 might be a play with these two pitchers giving up atleast 3 each over 5-6ip.

Orioles -116: Still fairly cheap to fade the AAA callup but just have hard time with the bullpen.

Braves -1.5 -120: Nats you have to stop winning soon. Jerome could get lit up tonight as well after Bergmann owned the Braves bats.

Damn I'm in the HOLe Yesterday,,,Put everything on ATLANTA...You have to help me , MAN....My Man.

I said today would be a bigger card and it is. I might be playing too many games but I feel real good about all of them to be honest. I would usually wait until my 7:00 games end but I don't have the internet at my fuken apt for the last 3hrs so who knows when it will be up..

I couldn't decide where I wanted to put my money on this game really. The Reds face Peavy tomorrow, tonight is a must win or they will be looking at 3-12 in May real fast. Harang returns home and I expect him to be a little sharper and he is a baller who can go long into the game. Wells however won't make it out of the 6th if he gets to start that inning. I don't usually bet two things in a game, havent all yr but these plays are independent of each other. Hopefully its 6-3 Reds as the Outcome..The juice on the Over has dropped a little but I really don't think this line moves to 7 so I will play now..

Reds $432.69 to Win $450
Reds Over 7.5 $495 to Win $450

Final Card for Tuesday

Brew Crew $540 to Win $500
A's -1.5 $460 to Win $450
Yankees $438 to Win $300

Reds $432.69 to Win $450
Reds Over 7.5 $495 to Win $450

The Yankee play like the BoSox play yesterday will most be counted as 1 play regardless of outcome.

Best of Luck to All and get that cash!

money; money;

Last edited:
GL bro, looks like you getting lots of love from all sorts of guys. I'm on the Brewers and those damn yankees too.

Back