Tuesday baseball selections (+writeups)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
123 W - 9 V -134 L -35.66

Cleveland (Carmona) (RL) (1.95) 6 units

Texas has certainly shown they make anyone's life miserable, but they have had most of their recent success at home. They just aren't as effective on the road and it has taken its toll as they are one of the worst road teams in the majors (only Tampa has fewer road wins).
The Indians are hot and cold and I'm thinking they could start a nice streak here after dropping 2 straight and 6 out of last 10.
The Rangers will send out Brandon McCarthy who shouldn't have a stroll in the park against a potent Indians lineup, especially at the Jake. They have been quite error prone lately and perhaps Texas and McCarthy (0-3 with a 5.13 ERA his last 7 starts) are exactly what the doctor ordered.
Carmona has been very sharp of late, and even though I do expect him to regress a little over the next period, he should be fine against the Rangers, especially since they're not playing well right now, and who knows where their heads are at with this Teixeira trade and all.
I'm not the biggest fan of the "most obvious plays in the world", and especially not a fan of laying any chalk with RL plays, but I will be on this one.

Milwaukee - NY Mets over 9.5 (1.96) 6 units

Basing this play on the mere fact we have two potent lineups (Milwaukee at home, Mets anywhere), against two quite volatile pitchers. Who would have thought Glavine will have such a letdown after a solid start into the season, he just doesn't seem the control nor the power right now, and the Brew Crew have some hot bats there, which btw especially love hitting lefties.
Jeff Suppan is just awful, he is definitely hittable and the Mets will make sure to tag him for a lot of hits. Seeing a 9-6 kind of affair.

Cardinals (Wainwright) (1.92) 7 units

The Cards laying chalk on the road? Yeah seems strange especially since their best starters are on the DL for a long time now, but Wainwright has been solid enough lately (minus his last start against the hot Cubs) going 3-1 with 3.12 ERA in four July starts and the Pirates might be exactly what he needs right now to get back to his winning ways; Bucs lineup counts on Bay, La Roche and Nady mostly and I don't see much chemistry there. Especially since they are now officially NL's worst team with 42 wins and 61 losses, going 2-8 in last 10.
The Cards on the other hand connected some wins and are hoping to get even closer to .500 after tonight. The weird thing is, the Cards are only 6 games behind division leaders Milwaukee, and are far from mailing in the season at this point, especially since they're blazing guns lately.
Maholm is not in gas can mode right now, actually quite solid numbers in recent weeks, but the thing is, his team doesn't seem to step up for him on a consistent level. He has beaten the Mets his last time out and I think this is a very good come-back-to-Earth spot for him. St Louis has owned Pittsburgh this year (6-2 overall and 3-0 in Pittsburgh) and I think this will be another W for Pujols and co.

Good luck guys. :shake: :cheers: :tiphat:

Cards--:smiley_acbe:

Only 4 out on the loss side and they have dominated Pitt in Pitt in recent years... Likely be a big play for me.. GL

CLE-RL is a bad play because Carmona is off an emotional win vs BOS @ home, a game in which CLE was off 2 str losses vs BOS. Also, never play a RL -1.5 when the home fav bats are cold. CLE did not score against MIN in the L/2 in the series.

Wow, you got a lot of balls betting on the Cardinals laying chalk on the road. Glad you won but there is no way I want anything to do with that. Plus, NL baseball is garbage.

Sorry about your other tough bets but for peeps sake the plus money on the under was such a give away on the Brewers game. No, I don't wager on totals but that number just looked so wrong.

I got squeezed with the Red Sox losing. Oh well.

CLE-RL is a bad play because Carmona is off an emotional win vs BOS @ home, a game in which CLE was off 2 str losses vs BOS. Also, never play a RL -1.5 when the home fav bats are cold. CLE did not score against MIN in the L/2 in the series.

joebrensports making posts like this is a bad play:down2:

Handy said:
Sorry about your other tough bets but for peeps sake the plus money on the under was such a give away on the Brewers game. No, I don't wager on totals but that number just looked so wrong.

Well I took over 9.5 not 9 despite being "the crucial move", Glavine stepped up, they still lost, not something I would have expected.

Guess CLE RL was a bad play.

Back