Tuesday 4-10 Discussion

BJPLAYER

Pretty much a regular
sox/yanks kick off today....yanks scuffling but will be focused, sox playing well but have only faced aaa competition thus far....yanks pen suspect currently and sox pen stellar...bogearts out for a couple weeks probably three and he is most productive thus far for sox, so lineup for sox slightly depleted and ss defense will take a hit as well....don't let sales numbers fool you, he has not been that impressive thus far, i watched him live last week and he had trouble getting to 95 on the gun and the fish got the barrel on the ball too often, he has not looked great early like is typical for his career....severino conversely has looked pretty dam good...very tough call here as i feel the best way to play the yanks/sox is to blindly play the dog every game and i suspect you would come out ahead....furthermore if you added a reverse rl on the dog play i think you would be further ahead...but i don't have data to back this, i do know that these teams have played to 500 over time...i don't do this as it goes against my homer nature to play the yanks and against the sox so my opinion is not what i will end up playing probably....under probably worth a look in the opening game, cool temps and sox yet to hit their stride and sox pen probably can keep the bombers at bay....severino at dog money the value imo

Nice thoughts BJ. Greatly looking forward to series, particularly with Sanchez prevented from interrupting pace. Yanks are banged up. Want to see Stanton v sale.

No peady or Xander tho too, both teams around 70%. Under or Reverse rl are interesting.

Tomlin will make me pay to see his phantom back issue go away. Boyd with decent number against injuns last season enough to make me bite at +170ish. Cleveland BATS still sleeping

Tyler Anderson first 2 months 1-3 ERA 7.68
Padre pitcher never pitched in Colorado
Sounds like an easy over
Ump a moderate over last few years

Last edited:
Lean Cubs as well. Was set to bomb on them yesterday as Nova is a on 4 days disaster. On 5 days he has been better. 2.60 ERA last year but the good games were earlier in the season. Guy still has been a road disaster 3-12 but he was also good in first 2 months 1.50 ERA so a little uncertain
Will see ump before decision

Boston a monster on Tuesday as well as very good on a day off
Anaheim also a Tuesday killer

Rockies/Padres tidbits:

Anderson is 1-1 with a 1.50 ERA in four starts against the Padres. He has thrived at Coors Field where he is 8-5 with a 3.39 ERA in 20 games (19 starts) with 31 walks and 108 strikeouts in 119 1/3 innings. Against the Padres at Coors Field, Anderson is 1-0 with a 0.73 ERA in two starts.
Lucchesi will make his first career start on the road in his Coors Field debut. In his first two career starts, he has eight strikeouts and three walks in 9 2/3 innings, while yielding three earned runs

Yankees/Red Sox tidbits:

Severino is 2-4 with a 4.32 ERA against the Red Sox in his short career, but he was 2-1 against Boston in his breakout 2017. Sale was 0-3 with a 2.65 ERA in five starts against the Yankees in 2017 -- after going 4-1 against New York while with the Chicago White Sox.

Where do you get that Info on Hallion? Meanwhile about a 4 ERA with Nova. A little discouraged so just a 1 unit bet on Cubs. Last year Hallion was a big over but he bounces a lot

1 run in 2 men on. I guess I was gutless. Nova is going to be gone when his contract is
up.

I think Hallion is back in big over mode
Felix looks like he has a good ump today. Last game fairly bad one on 5 game sample No interest

Dallas has good history with ref.
Opponent Has Great history with ref
Houston really likes beating this team
Dallas lost at home to this team
Its probably very dangerous to bet against them today

Last edited:
Tomlin will make me pay to see his phantom back issue go away. Boyd with decent number against injuns last season enough to make me bite at +170ish. Cleveland BATS still sleeping

Playing tigers as well, like you I'll pay to see tribe win another low scoring game w Tomlins garbage ass pitching, just don't see it and that offense is scuffling!!

Bad facing Stras with a very good ref
Locked in 1 unit Padres plus 42 and Cashner real ump edge

lot of big dogs with a chance....

cinn
atl
sd
det
minn

random thought.....can't help but think that if you played all 5 you would come out ahead....but that's probably not the way to approach this board

atl and under worth a look again
gotta be some value in cinn....is philly ever worthy of 2-1
degrom to continue his good start against the aaa lineup?
sd live dog possibly, kid is supposed to have good stuff, not sure if the thin air will get in his head
zona with corbin against a very poor current form offense
boyd has a chance against a cleveland team that not only is cold but may stay that way with the departure of bruce and what's that other guys name they lost?
cashner seems to pitch the best against good pitchers, not sure just feels that way

Have to go the other way in Washington. Last time Stras popped I checked and he had hit a really bad ump based on history. Now he has hit a great ump and remembers the last game I expect NAILS

Added Mets RL
Added Arizona and the new Corbin
Also obviously Washington ML parlayed with Philadelphia ML in NBA and RL
No reason to just wait till days rest and the other angles kick in

Just saw this stat for you baseball trivia junkies. Tigers are the first AL team in the DH era to lose 3 games with 2 runs or less allowed in first nine games.

Who even keeps track of this shit?

Saw something surprising tonight, yes or no on score in the first inning, The first 9 were yes. Is this some new trend?

Back