Tuesday 12/16/14 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 954"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - TUE 12/16[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 12/16[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]501[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Minnesota Timberwolves[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+12.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 9.650[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 201.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]502[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Washington Wizards[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-12.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.083[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 201.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Tue 12/16[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]505[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Dallas Mavericks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-7 1.934[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.312[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 201.5 1.917[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]506[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]New York Knicks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+7 1.970[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 3.810[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 201.5 1.990[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 12/16[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]509[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+2.5 1.934[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.200[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]510[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Memphis Grizzlies[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-2.5 1.970[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.751[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I will go against GS here.
GS struggled against NO without Davis. Bogut out, Lee is out, Barnes is ?...
Memphis are a very proud team and they will focus on stopping this Warriors train.
Allen and Conley also good defenders and should do well against Clay and Steff.

Not sure it will help them.
Thunder with a chance to climb in to 8th seed... They won't give it away...
Also, not sure how much the players are happy with the coach changes. It seemed they loved Malone...

Something fishy with the OKC/SAC line, 84% on OKC but lines moved from -7.5 to -7...

What ever happened to that guy that followed RLM?

wiz 8 of 9 and rolling but 13 a lot to lay to anybody except philly

heat without bosh and wade a ? and nets looking at tor and cleve on deck....they should play hard

dall beats teams they should.....current WLWLWL....W?...ML Par maybe

jazz just not getting it done...lost 11 0f 12 and looking at mia/orl/char/philly coming as potential wins....is davis playing? Pels coming off 3 st tough teams....may beat up on jazz with davis

gsw has to lose sometime and tonight looks like a spot where they could

okc 6 st and rolling...line move puzzling but will prob ml par with dall

Cousins has been out since Nov 28th. OKC is 4-0 SU and 3-1 ATS in Sacramento L4, the only game they didn't cover was the one Cousins didn't play in. The Knicks are 2-8 SU L10 at home but they only lost those games by margins of 5,4,3,5,7,2,2,6.

[TABLE="class: tableOdds"]
<tbody id="oddsBody" style="outline: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR="class: row-odd"]
[TD="class: team"]12/16

10:35 PM

511 Oklahoma City Thunder
512 Sacramento Kings

[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]86%
14%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]82%
18%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]61%
39%
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I will go against GS here.
GS struggled against NO without Davis. Bogut out, Lee is out, Barnes is ?...
Memphis are a very proud team and they will focus on stopping this Warriors train.
Allen and Conley also good defenders and should do well against Clay and Steff.
Didn't look that way the first three quarters against the Sixers the other night. Plus, this Grizzlies squad isn't the same defensive team it's been the past few years. I know what the overall numbers say, but a few shut down performances against some of the lesser offensive squads in the league kind of skew the numbers...

And, also, I believe the first rule of gambling is to never bet against a streak...

Not worried about Memphis playing Spurs the next day?

I also like the Grizzlies but I cannot seem to pull the trigger, laying 3 points against the best team in the nba right now

That's one of two reasons why I didn't lay with Memphis tonight. The other was Scott Foster.

Gratz any Memphis backers.

--be interested to see if Sacramento implements that 'cherry picking' strategy I heard about the other day...anyone know if this is for real?

Didn't look that way the first three quarters against the Sixers the other night. Plus, this Grizzlies squad isn't the same defensive team it's been the past few years. I know what the overall numbers say, but a few shut down performances against some of the lesser offensive squads in the league kind of skew the numbers...

And, also, I believe the first rule of gambling is to never bet against a streak...

You're right on paper. The problem is that I love going against streaks. Both bad ones and good ones. Always love to look for spots where I think the streak will end.

As for Memphis, they are a playoff team, not regular season team. They can struggle against bad teams, but will always try to show up against big teams. Them playing against Spurs got me worrying a bit, but GSW with their 16 games winning streak - couldn't believe that Memphis will overlook them...

Who can guard Westbrook? Have yet to see anyone this season. I honestly think Westbrook leaving would be more detrimental to the Thunder. KD is no doubt the best player on the team, but Westbrook is the alpha.

Who can guard Westbrook? Have yet to see anyone this season. I honestly think Westbrook leaving would be more detrimental to the Thunder. KD is no doubt the best player on the team, but Westbrook is the alpha.
Westbrook is the best point guard in the league. I don't get anyone that says otherwise. Curry isn't really a PG and Westbrook is better than TP, CP and others...

What do u make of tomorrow's game divol ? Kawhi i believe is out

I like Memphis, but I did so in the last 4 - 5 last games between the two and lost, so I obviously missing something there.
Spurs swept Memphis in the WC Finals two years ago, swept them in regular season last season and now won in Memphis as well. No way the difference between the teams is 9 - 0 in Spurs favors, but that's what we got...

Without TP and Kawhi and maybe Manu, it's the best chance Memphis will get to win... If they lose this one as well...

Divol, you and I are on the absolute same page. I have argued for the last two years till I was blue in the face about this. He will revolutionize the position due to his athleticism and shoot first mentality. People think you MUST play the position with a pass priority. There is not a single guard in the league I would take over Westbrook. A couple of my buddies (Miami heat bandwagoners) use to dog him because his didn't play the position traditionally.

One dude actually tried to use Westbrook getting into the paint and going for an offensive rebound as an example for him being a bad pointguard. I was dumbfounded, this guy actually tried to use Westbrook being aggressive off the ball as a knock on him.

Let me correct myself, that guy is not actually my friend. He is the friend of one my close friends.

People will quit bagging Russell when OKC wins a 'ship (unlikely with Scott Brooks), dude is good and brimming with exceptional physical talent but has shit the bed in every playoffs with untimely brainfarts.

All sports are similar, good point guards are like good QBs, they are great leaders who position the rest of their teammates to score. Difference in football is that TD passes (which are assists in any other sport) are considered a premium. Point guards shouldn't be scorers, there are too many athletes on the floor that can score, PGs need to manage that to make the most effective unit possible. He doesn't do that, he's simply a scorer and he's good at it, but he's no floor general.

Imagine if assists in basketball were treated similar (with respect to frequency) as TD passes in football, everyone would be looking to drop dimes.

All sports are similar, good point guards are like good QBs, they are great leaders who position the rest of their teammates to score. Difference in football is that TD passes (which are assists in any other sport) are considered a premium. Point guards shouldn't be scorers, there are too many athletes on the floor that can score, PGs need to manage that to make the most effective unit possible. He doesn't do that, he's simply a scorer and he's good at it, but he's no floor general.

I totally agree with this...when you get to the playoffs "teams" win not scorers who have a desire to do it all themselves....if and when OKC wins a championship it will be because westbrook has developed a more complete game that is team centric...imo

Back