Tuesday 11/24/15 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - TUE 11/24[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 11/24[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]501[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Indiana Pacers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+2 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.139[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 205.5 1.961[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]502[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Washington Wizards[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-2 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.793[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 205.5 1.943[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Tue 11/24[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]503[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Boston Celtics[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+3.5 1.934[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.420[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 203 1.892[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]504[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Atlanta Hawks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-3.5 1.970[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.636[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 203 2.020[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]505[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Dallas Mavericks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+3 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.290[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 197 1.909[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]506[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Memphis Grizzlies[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-3 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.699[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 197 2.000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]507[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Los Angeles Clippers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-7 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.363[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 206 1.917[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]06:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]508[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Denver Nuggets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+7 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 3.440[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 206 1.990[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]509[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Chicago Bulls[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-2.5 1.917[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.714[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 201.5 1.909[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]07:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]510[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Portland Trail Blazers [/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+2.5 1.990[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.270[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 201.5 2.000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]511[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Los Angeles Lakers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+17 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 24.520[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 214 2.020[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]512[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-17 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.016[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 214 1.884[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
c's coming off a humbling loss to the nets where they just got plain out talented....the effort was there but no smart and against a decent effort by the underachievers from brooklyn they didn't have much of a chance....now into atl for a revenge game for the hawks....c's manhandled them earlier this year when the hawks came to the garden playing very well and got handed a 106-93 loss.....hawks started the year winning 7 of 8 and now have lost 5 of 7....feels like a hawks win and cover to me.....smart back home rehabbing

indy comes into wash playing very well...started the season losing 3 in a row then has gone 3w L 3w L 2w....allowing 94.5 per game which is only bettered by sa,mia and utah....wash with a weird schedule having only played saturdays and tuesdays for the past two weeks....both teams rested so I'll may lay the points with the superior defense and george who is playing very well

what's up with the clips...they start the year winning 4 straight and then have lost 7 of 9 and looked like crap in all 9 games with the exception of the 1h of the gsw game where everything cp3 threw at the rim went in and then they choked the game away in the second half....they are allowing a ton of points and only managed 80 in offense on sunday....how do the la clippers only score 80 points....regardless the nuggs only beat the not so good teams....they haven't beat a quality opponent this year since opening night against houston....so flip a coin i guess....i could only take the points but you would think that the clips will break out of their funk at some point....probable pass

Blake Griffin is playing like a whiny girl that's what's wrong with them. Their defense can be suffocating when they give the effort but my god Blake really needs to attack the rim more. It's unacceptable how he kept passing up the opportunities in the 4th last game

what's up with the clips...they start the year winning 4 straight and then have lost 7 of 9 and looked like crap in all 9 games with the exception of the 1h of the gsw game where everything cp3 threw at the rim went in and then they choked the game away in the second half....they are allowing a ton of points and only managed 80 in offense on sunday....how do the la clippers only score 80 points....regardless the nuggs only beat the not so good teams....they haven't beat a quality opponent this year since opening night against houston....so flip a coin i guess....i could only take the points but you would think that the clips will break out of their funk at some point....probable pass

In the game against the Raptors - I watched it with Clippers commentators - all they did 90% of the broadcast is bitching about schedule...
Blake really looks fatigued to be honest, but it's more than that. It appears that they have yet to find their rotation and their schemes for some reason.
Rivers shouldn't play - plain and simple. Lance played big minutes (23 minutes on average) the first 9 games, then he dropped to 2, 0, 19 and 5 minutes all of a sudden. Pierce was suddenly shifted to starters and started 3 games. Prigioni started in a game. After 13 games, no less than 9 players started, despite the team having only two injuries. I realize that the first 20 games or so of the regular season is the time for coaches to try different things, to check different line ups and so on, but something is just not clicking for Clippers at the moment.

Best guess, Clippers went how long without a bench. The minutes piled up on Chris and Blake. Bodies break down.

CPFlea can't complain about fatigue, he's sat out more than enough games to be fresh.

That is true. On the other hand it may be very hard today. Early leans seem to be for overs today.

Chicago has not lost consecutive games this year and is playing off 3 days off and 2 days off after this game.
They are 8-2 over away on Tuesday.
Celtics with Bradley instead of Smart lose defense and pick up 4 extra points a game on 2 fewer minutes as well as more passing.
No plays yet but just thinking

I like the Over in Oakland. If GSW win, they should do it in style. If LAL make their lives difficult, it probably means that their shots are falling in.
It can be 123 - 101 and can be 117 - 111, but either way, I like the Over here...

Certainly very reasonable. Dallas last 10 at Spurs is 1-9. They will be playing worst 3 in 4 and 4 in 6. I have a funny feeling they come in hard tonight and Memphis scoring has been going up.

-17 spread generally a killer, 9-24-2 ATS last 35 times.

Dubs 1-4 ATS last 5 laying 15+.

Not a good day for GS at home ATS
Killersports up
They have a strong trend for Dallas over and another one for Portland over. They have a negative trend for GS over. Also a 10-0 trend for Celtics as a side

Motivational aspects for the Dubs pretty high though.

But then there's Scott Foster and his 1-6 ATS record for home faves.

Interesting that Lakers have yet to cover against Western rival, but they 4 - 2 ATS against Eastern rival.
But, as far as totals go, Lakers are 0 - 6 in Under favor against Eastern rival, but 4 - 3 in Over favor against Western opponent.

And it is GS that used to blast them and they have 3 days rest after this game so no reason not to let go. Added the over but for less since I got a bad number. GL

Chicago has not lost consecutive games this year and is playing off 3 days off and 2 days off after this game.
They are 8-2 over away on Tuesday.
Celtics with Bradley instead of Smart lose defense and pick up 4 extra points a game on 2 fewer minutes as well as more passing.
No plays yet but just thinking

Curious as to why you think the c's lose d with avery I instead of smart....smart good defender in my book but avery excellent...always interested in another opinion

it really does not matter what the trends say...imho laying 17-18 points in the nba is pure gambling....if you really are looking to play the dubs here why not wait till half and hope for a more favorable line....otherwise there seem to be more sound choices....don't get me wrong i rode the warrior wave earlier and i am tempted myself but laying a bucket shy of 20??

I could easily be wrong but this seems to be adding minutes to Bradley who scores more and is an effective passer while Smart only scored 9.8 a game and based on my reading took pride in his defense.
Bradley now up to 15 points a game.
Not sure about this today though as I am readng about an injured knee.

it really does not matter what the trends say...imho laying 17-18 points in the nba is pure gambling....if you really are looking to play the dubs here why not wait till half and hope for a more favorable line....otherwise there seem to be more sound choices....don't get me wrong i rode the warrior wave earlier and i am tempted myself but laying a bucket shy of 20??
What about laying five touchdowns or more in college football? Not saying it's a sound long term strategy but, at the same time, the spread is what it is for a reason.

Think the best way to approach these big spread games is just to take the 1H. If they don't come out dominating, odds are they're not making it up in the 2H. Plus, you always run the risk of the backdoor when the starters sit in the 4th (Warriors led the Nuggets by 30 at the half in that earlier game at Oracle, and then let the likes of McAdoo, Speights and Rush hand Nuggets backers a gift at the end).

Adding first half over in Washington as well as game.
Just a box score play
118 in the OKC game
106 in the Orlando game
110 in the Milwaukee game

I hear ya hugh....i was with you on that point spread loss to the nuggets....still can't figure what happened there...i don't lay 5 touchdowns either (actually i have but it doesn't seem to work out well :hang:) It just seems to me that the sense of urgency in a 7 point line is more poignant to the laying team then when you have a 15 point lead with a 17 point line.

But I understand where you are coming from....i'm just a sucker for the points typically

Thanks for input

It's Warriors or nothing, imo.

Dubs going for history with the chance to also break one off in Magic Johnson and Kobe.

Magic has been a huge Dubs nay-sayer and Kobe is Kobe.

Absolutely massive motivation.

Was tempted but got to stay loyal to one's system.

It's Warriors or nothing, imo.

Dubs going for history with the chance to also break one off in Magic Johnson and Kobe.

Magic has been a huge Dubs nay-sayer and Kobe is Kobe.

This and hugh's post has me leaning first half

Absolutely massive motivation.

Was tempted but got to stay loyal to one's system.

I hear what you are saying....this and hugh's post have me leaning first half

bulls have rose back....probably makes them better...ankle still an issue...but bulls are playing very well....only losses in last 7 or so games is an overtime loss to minn that they could have won and on the road to the warriors...and conversely the only games the blazers have won in the last 7-8 were against the hapless clips and the lakers...obviously this could be the correction tonight but tough to play blazers based on recent form

I hear what you are saying....this and hugh's post have me leaning first half
Well, don't let me talk you off anything. I just think it's typically a truism in sport that the longer you let the underdog hang around, the longer you give them hope. Look at some of the Warriors games the past week: come out flat against the Clippers, and have to rally in the 2H. Come out with a poor defensive effort against the Nuggets, and have to man up on D in the 2H. Plus, they're giving up a whopping 30.8 in the 1Q the past 5 games (not sure even Philly does that). As much as they want to keep racking up the wins, I'm sure these slow starts are also starting to weigh thin. That, and let's face it, the Lakers are just not a very good team.

Anything can happen obviously, but have to think the Warriors come out with a little more effort against an arch rival in light of all these things.

Pacers with back to back games of 120+ scored in regulation. I'm guessing they haven't done that since the ABA days...

Back