Tuesday 11/19/13 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - TUE 11/19[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 11/19[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]701[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Minnesota Timberwolves[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-3.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 204 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]702[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Washington Wizards[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+3.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 204 2.000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Tue 11/19[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]703[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]New York Knicks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+4 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 200 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]04:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]704[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Detroit Pistons[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-4 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 200 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]705[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Atlanta Hawks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+9.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 206.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]706[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Miami Heat[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-9.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 206.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Tue 11/19[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]707[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Boston Celtics[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+11 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 203.5 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]708[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Houston Rockets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-11 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 203.5 2.000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]709[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Phoenix Suns[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+1.5 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 192.5 1.971[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]07:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]710[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Sacramento Kings[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-1.5 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 192.5 1.935[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Finally had my first winning day of the season Monday. Need a few more to dig myself out of the hole.

Looking at unders in Detroit and Houston. Also think Hawks are getting a few too many points

I like the Kings tonight. Obviously both Suns and Kings are really unstable teams and so far Suns were in better form and as far as ATS goes, both teams are on different planets, but bookies overreacted if you ask me. If the game was in Arizona, Phoenix would have been made -7.5 favorite?
Kings were a bit overvalued in the beginning of the season, while Phoenix slightly undervalued - that's the reason for the ATS results of both teams.
Now it's the other way around I think.

Atlanta +9.5 locked. Look ahead for the Wolves, but can the Wizards take this?

FYI, one of the biggest mushes on covers is on the Knicks. Everytime this guy posts a thread with a big play, it's a loss.

I also like Over first half in DC. Both teams have much higher results in first half than in second half, both play fast pace basketball.
It should go easily over 100 points. 107 - 110 points at HT sounds very reasonable...

KG is washed up, Brook is out til who knows when and Deron hasnt been Deron since Utah.. Offense runs better with Livingston

I don't know why you constantly do this. I'm not trying to compete with you. The nets aren't playing today. I don't give a shit. The Knicks are a mess and should not bet on against teams with a pulse.

I don't know why you constantly do this. I'm not trying to compete with you. The nets aren't playing today. I don't give a shit. The Knicks are a mess and should not bet on against teams with a pulse.

neither should the nets and as a nets fan you should inform the board of their ineptitude

I honestly don't know what is going on with both NY teams. I thought Knicks will suck, but still thought of them as borderline playoff team that should finish 5th - 6th in the East, but they are looking horrible and it's not just Chandler's injury. It seems that the team lost their way. Last year, they got tons of leadership from veteran players and that brought some toughness to this team.
Now it just looks like a bunch of mercenaries playing and Woodson seems lost.

Nets are even worse. I expected them to fight with the Heat and the Bulls for the second best team in the East title, but right now, they are fighting with the Wizards (another bust) to avoid the worst team in the East title.

This season is the strangest I seen yet.

The whole summer spent talking about how teams did everything possible to tank this season. Orlando, Boston, Sixers, Utah, Suns - at the moment, only Utah manages to be on the right course. The rest play decent plus baskbetall...

On the other hand, all the teams that looked like they took a step forward - Nets, Kings, Pelicans, Wizards - all underperforming (to say the least).

Well those that have great expectations think that it's just automatic. And the other teams play their hardest against them. They'll get their act together soon. The overreaction to the first ten games is silly. Especially with a team like the nets which has so many new pieces and players in new roles. The Knicks locker room situation doesn't look good to me. Amare and Kmart are complaining about playing time. Carmelo is saying that they aren't playing like they care. Carmelo wanting rondo is just fabulous for team chemistry. Not.

Well those that have great expectations think that it's just automatic. And the other teams play their hardest against them. They'll get their act together soon. The overreaction to the first ten games is silly. Especially with a team like the nets which has so many new pieces and players in new roles. The Knicks locker room situation doesn't look good to me. Amare and Kmart are complaining about playing time. Carmelo is saying that they aren't playing like they care. Carmelo wanting rondo is just fabulous for team chemistry. Not.

lol you said that last year too...Team just isnt constructed well and KG or Pierce will get injured soon. Brook already hurt

Looking at the Twolves game. When they win and the game does not go to OT they give up 94 a game, 91 L3. They AVG 110 when winning no OT games. With a B2B back home, I see a game not over 200.

Haralabos, who many would consider a pretty good NBA mind, especially when it comes to coaching and analytics, is of the opinion that J Kidd is not a very good head coach. Considering his other opinions on who is and isn't a good NBA coach, I'd lean to him being right about this ultimately.

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏<s>@</s>haralabob <small class="time"> 10h </small> After watching this (and many other) JKidd pressers http://bit.ly/1ao8CpZ I’m convinced, playing bball IQ does not translate to coaching IQ

Not a surprise, did anyone besides nbafan think this was a good hire?

Guess, sample size is small, so maybe he proves us wrong

Melo needs to drink some of the toughness kool-aid that Lebron drinks.....until melo learns to play hard & tough on both ends of the floor any team he plays for will struggle.

Atlanta +9.5 locked. Look ahead for the Wolves, but can the Wizards take this?

FYI, one of the biggest mushes on covers is on the Knicks. Everytime this guy posts a thread with a big play, it's a loss.
Not every time. Would agree more often then not.

Just to make sure we are talking about the real. Divol are you betting on the Kings today?

Not every time. Would agree more often then not.

I only value his effort with the writeup, but seems every time he makes one of those really elaborate picks, it is fade material. Started early this season with that Blazers-Suns game where he placed half his bankroll on it. Doesn't really seem like a smart person to me.

No. That was funny. May be some value in Boston today. Boston plays at Spurs tomorrow which is hopeless while Houston plays at Dallas where they have to show up.
Need to do more reading.
regarding the Suns game. Would expect a big bounce back by Cousins after his last no show. Suns have no player that can really stop him. Refs in the game are extremely good for Suns. Suns are the brighter team with better coaching. Kings---need to read more but a 2-5 home record is not very interesting.

The problem with Boston atm is that Green went cold, and without him, their offense struggles greatly. Houston should own the paint. Maybe too many points, but i wouldn't be surprised with a 13-15 point win for Houston.

lol you said that last year too...Team just isnt constructed well and KG or Pierce will get injured soon. Brook already hurt

i'll bet you anything you want the nets finish this season with a better record than your beloved knickerbockers

Good, we have established you are betting the game. I am probably betting the game as well. One argument for Kings is in the last game most of the starters were benched for most of the second half. Should help the first quarter bet on Kings if I make it.
Glanced over at ESPN Team stats
[TABLE="class: tablehead"]
<tbody>[TR="class: colhead"]
[TD="colspan: 1"][/TD]
[TD="colspan: 3, align: center"]REBOUND PCT[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: center"]TURNOVERS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: colhead"]
[TD="align: left"]RK[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]TEAM[/TD]
[TD]OWN[/TD]
[TD]OPP[/TD]
[TD]DIFF[/TD]
[TD]OWN[/TD]
[TD]OPP[/TD]
[TD]OWN[/TD]
[TD]OPP[/TD]
[TD]FT%[/TD]
[TD]OFF[/TD]
[TD]DEF[/TD]
[TD]TOT[/TD]
[TD]OWN[/TD]
[TD]OPP[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-46-11"]
[TD="align: left"]1[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Indiana[/TD]
[TD]95.7[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"]86.3[/TD]
[TD]+9.4[/TD]
[TD].457[/TD]
[TD].398[/TD]
[TD].368[/TD]
[TD].388[/TD]
[TD].777[/TD]
[TD].256[/TD]
[TD].749[/TD]
[TD].524[/TD]
[TD]16.1[/TD]
[TD]15.6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-46-4"]
[TD="align: left"]2[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Chicago[/TD]
[TD]94.0[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"]89.0[/TD]
[TD]+5.0[/TD]
[TD].433[/TD]
[TD].398[/TD]
[TD].345[/TD]
[TD].386[/TD]
[TD].840[/TD]
[TD].284[/TD]
[TD].740[/TD]
[TD].524[/TD]
[TD]17.1[/TD]
[TD]15.3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-46-24"]
[TD="align: left"]3[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]San Antonio[/TD]
[TD]98.6[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"]89.3[/TD]
[TD]+9.3[/TD]
[TD].476[/TD]
[TD].420[/TD]
[TD].376[/TD]
[TD].359[/TD]
[TD].741[/TD]
[TD].203[/TD]
[TD].787[/TD]
[TD].504[/TD]
[TD]14.2[/TD]
[TD]15.7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-46-30"]
[TD="align: left"]4[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Charlotte[/TD]
[TD]88.5[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"]92.9[/TD]
[TD]-4.4[/TD]
[TD].398[/TD]
[TD].435[/TD]
[TD].306[/TD]
[TD].370[/TD]
[TD].707[/TD]
[TD].252[/TD]
[TD].758[/TD]
[TD].494[/TD]
[TD]13.3[/TD]
[TD]15.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-46-21"]
[TD="align: left"]5[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Phoenix[/TD]
[TD]98.8[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"]95.8[/TD]
[TD]+3.0[/TD]
[TD].457[/TD]
[TD].429[/TD]
[TD].357[/TD]
[TD].325[/TD]
[TD].761[/TD]
[TD].241[/TD]
[TD].739[/TD]
[TD].499[/TD]
[TD]17.6[/TD]
[TD]16.0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-46-9"]
[TD="align: left"]6[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Golden State[/TD]
[TD]104.3[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"]96.3[/TD]
[TD]+8.0[/TD]
[TD].485[/TD]
[TD].423[/TD]
[TD].460[/TD]
[TD].318[/TD]
[TD].724[/TD]
[TD].232[/TD]
[TD].750[/TD]
[TD].508[/TD]
[TD]18.1[/TD]
[TD]16.9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-46-28"]
[TD="align: left"]7[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Toronto[/TD]
[TD]96.9[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"]97.1[/TD]
[TD]-0.2[/TD]
[TD].419[/TD]
[TD].458[/TD]
[TD].326[/TD]
[TD].338[/TD]
[TD].767[/TD]
[TD].312[/TD]
[TD].753[/TD]
[TD].522[/TD]
[TD]14.7[/TD]
[TD]16.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-46-29"]
[TD="align: left"]8[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Memphis[/TD]
[TD]95.4[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"]97.2[/TD]
[TD]-1.8[/TD]
[TD].468[/TD]
[TD].448[/TD]
[TD].321[/TD]
[TD].370[/TD]
[TD].774[/TD]
[TD].243[/TD]
[TD].768[/TD]
[TD].516[/TD]
[TD]15.5[/TD]
[TD]14.1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-46-2"]
[TD="align: left"]9[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Boston[/TD]
[TD]94.2[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"]97.7[/TD]
[TD]-3.5[/TD]
[TD].452[/TD]
[TD].449[/TD]
[TD].317[/TD]
[TD].302[/TD]
[TD].770[/TD]
[TD].251[/TD]
[TD].704[/TD]
[TD].483[/TD]
[TD]17.4[/TD]
[TD]16.3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-46-23"]
[TD="align: left"]10[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Sacramento[/TD]
[TD]93.0[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"]97.9[/TD]
[TD]-4.9[/TD]
[TD].418[/TD]
[TD].468[/TD]
[TD].318[/TD]
[TD].378[/TD]
[TD].780[/TD]
[TD].236[/TD]
[TD].737[/TD]
[TD].466[/TD]
[TD]12.2[/TD]
[TD]15.4[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Most seemed to favor the Suns.
Lets pencil me in for a bet on the Suns plus 2

The problem with Boston atm is that Green went cold, and without him, their offense struggles greatly. Houston should own the paint. Maybe too many points, but i wouldn't be surprised with a 13-15 point win for Houston.

Could be. Currently thinking Houston first quarter and hoping for a dominating first half and then a second half bet on Boston

GAME NOTES

--After last week's Twitter skirmish between Jennings and Smith, prompted when the former questioned the NBA credentials of the latter's brother, Chris Smith was sent to the D-League by the Knicks on Monday. Chris Smith's presence on the Knicks' roster has been a point of contention with the team's fan base, amid criticism that it was done as a favor to J.R. Smith.

--Will Bynum is expected to miss his second game with hamstring and groin pulls, while Chauncey Billups could miss his third with knee tendinitis. The Pistons went with a three-guard rotation of Jennings, Caldwell-Pope and Rodney Stuckey in Sunday's loss to the Los Angeles Lakers.

--Anthony's 25.8-point scoring average ranks fourth in the league.

--The Pistons rank 30th out of 30 teams in offensive 3-point percentage (28.1), and 29th in defensive 3-point percentage (39.2).

--The Pistons also rank last in overall defensive field-goal percentage (48.9), while the Knicks rank 24th (46.2).

--Metta World Peace, the former Ron Artest, figured to make his first Palace appearance as a Knick, but a minor procedure Monday to drain knee fluid will keep him out of tonight's game.

--The Knicks rank 28th in rebounding differential at minus-4.6 per game.

--Opponents have made 23.1 free throws per game against the Knicks, and shot 82.2 percent, both league highs, while the Pistons' 69.2-percent free-throw shooting is the league's worst.

AUBURN HILLS -- Of the four NBA teams making more than 10 3-pointers per game, the Detroit Pistons just faced three of them.

As they return home at 7:30 tonight against the New York Knicks, the Pistons need to start proving that to be coincidence.

If it is.

Portland, Golden State and the Los Angeles Lakers all bombed away against the Pistons, true to their form, with 29 total 3-pointers on 45.3-percent accuracy.

The Warriors (11.0) led the league in 3-pointers per game before Monday's games, the Lakers (10.2) were second, and Portland (10.0) was fourth.

But even the Sacramento Kings made 10 3-pointers, three more than they average, in the only game the Pistons won on the road trip, which only raised more red flags about Detroit's perimeter defense.

The Lakers were the most recent team to exploit the Pistons beyond the arc when they shot 10 of 25 in a 114-99 win.

"We're not playing a team every night with that many shooters on the floor, especially when they go to their bench," Pistons forward Greg Monroe said after Sunday's loss. "It's something that we work on, though. It's not like it's rare. Every team can go to a lineup where they have shooters all over the court."

And most likely, when Detroit pops up on the schedule, every team will.

The Pistons have more long-range bombers in their immediate future.

The Pistons were off Monday before a back-to-back tonight against the Knicks and Wednesday at Atlanta, with the Hawks coming here for an immediate rematch Friday night.

The Knicks (8.6) and Hawks (8.3) entered Monday ranked eighth and 10th in 3-pointers per game.

Seven times last year, a Pistons opponent attempted at least 30 3-pointers. Six of those games were against the Knicks or Hawks.

The Knicks were 4-0 against the Pistons last year, all by double digits, and rained 3-pointers both domestically and in an international game in London. They made 55 of 133 (41.3 percent), and scored more than 40 percent of their points on 3-pointers in the four games.

The Pistons have struggled even more this year with 3-pointers, on both ends of the floor, which makes the disparity even more glaring.

They rank 29th out of 30 teams in 3-point percentages both offensively (28.1 percent) and defensively (39.2).

Pistons coach Maurice Cheeks put guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope's defensive length and athleticism into the starting backcourt two games ago, with Rodney Stuckey playing extensively at backup point guard.

It hasn't helped much in the 3-point department, but the Pistons did win a game that way, and Cheeks wants to see how some of the new rotation tweaks work at home.

"I thought we were better in Sacramento," Cheeks said. "A little more time with the guys we have on the floor now and we'll be better."

But on the other hand BAR, without Chandler, Pistons should own the Knicks under NYK rim - they lead the league in offensive rebounds per game.

I also lean Under in Houston. I think that the trend of Houston Under at home and Over on the road can continue this season as well, especially with Boston's Under on the road this season's trend so far.

But on the other hand BAR, without Chandler, Pistons should own the Knicks under NYK rim - they lead the league in offensive rebounds per game.

I also lean Under in Houston. I think that the trend of Houston Under at home and Over on the road can continue this season as well, especially with Boston's Under on the road this season's trend so far.

I was just pointing out some stats for those interested. Not a bettable game ATS in my personal opinion.

220px-Scal_Media_Day.png

Back