Tuesday 02/25/14 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - TUE 2/25[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 2/25[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]501[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Orlando Magic[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+9.5 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 5.420[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 197 1.926[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]502[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Washington Wizards[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-9.5 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.190[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 197 1.980[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Tue 2/25[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]503[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Toronto Raptors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-3 1.926[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.658[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 193 1.943[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]04:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]504[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Cleveland Cavaliers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+3 1.980[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.370[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 193 1.962[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]505[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Los Angeles Lakers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+13 1.935[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 9.770[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 202 1.909[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]506[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Indiana Pacers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-13 1.971[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.083[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 202 2.000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]507[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Chicago Bulls[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-1.5 1.935[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.847[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 186.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]04:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]508[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Atlanta Hawks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+1.5 1.971[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.070[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 186.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]509[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Portland Trail Blazers [/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-2.5 1.971[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.725[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 214.5 1.917[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]06:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]510[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Denver Nuggets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+2.5 1.935[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.250[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 214.5 1.990[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]511[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Minnesota Timberwolves[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+3 1.943[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.330[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 213 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]06:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]512[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Phoenix Suns[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-3 1.962[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.680[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 213 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]513[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Houston Rockets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-4.5 1.917[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.541[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 213 1.935[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]07:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]514[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Sacramento Kings[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+4.5 1.990[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.660[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 213 1.971[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Faried brings extra motivation vs Portland since they didn't draft him after telling him they would.

Friday, December 21st, 2012 at 9:40 am | 13 Comments
Kenneth Faried Doesn’t Like the Portland Trailblazers

According to Kenneth Faried, well before he became “The Manimal”, the Portland Trailblazers toyed with him prior to the 2011 NBA Draft. He was instead taken by the Denver Nuggets, and Faired has vowed vengeance on Portland ever since. Per the Oregonian: “Faried said the Blazers told him he was their pick. But when the Blazers came up at No. 21, they surprised many by drafting point guard Nolan Smith out of Duke. Faried went next, at No. 22, to Denver. How does Faried feel about the Blazers? ‘I ain’t going to lie to you: I don’t like them,’ Faried said. ‘I think it’s disrespectful what they did, got my hopes up for nothing. Every time we play them, it’s a little extra motivation for me to come out and show them what they missed.’ What the Blazers are missing is one of the best young power forwards in the NBA. This season, the 6-foot-8, 228 pound power forward is averaging 12.3 points and 10 rebounds while starting all 26 games for Denver. Last season, as a rookie, he averaged 10.2 points and 7.7 rebounds while shooting 58.6 percent from the field and starting 39 of the 46 games he played. [...] ‘They said if I was there at 21, they would draft me. They said they were hoping I was there,’ Faried said. ‘But when the time came around … I mean, their front office and coaches decided to go the opposite way. I just took it as extra motivation. I remember saying, ‘If they don’t want to draft me, that’s their loss.’ The Blazers front office, and the 2011 draft, was spearheaded by interim general manager Chad Buchanan and president Larry Miller. In the two years leading up to the 2011 draft, Buchanan and the Blazers basketball operations staff heavily scouted Faried at Morehead State. They also did extensive research into his background and got to know Faried and his family well. After the draft, Buchanan explained the passing on Faried by saying the Blazers were looking to fill two needs that summer: a long-term solution at point guard and frontcourt depth. He said the team liked Faried, but decided the best plan of attack was to address their frontcourt needs in free agency while solving the point guard future by trading for Raymond Felton and drafting Smith. Later, the team signed free agents Kurt Thomas and Craig Smith to play power forward. Needless to say, it was a monumental lack of judgment. A colossal whiff. In Denver, word is the Nuggets practically fell out of their chairs when the Blazers’ selection of Smith was announced. The Nuggets immediately put in their selection of Faried, bypassing the allotted five minutes to make their selection.”

Anyone have season numbers on first half, second half, and full game totals?

My intuition tells me tomorrow sees a rather large regression to unders....

Last edited:
Early leans - Cleveland (underdogs 10 - 1 ATS in this H2H and Cleveland covered the last 4), Houston (just looking to fade the Kings whenever I feel best), Denver (just don't think they are as bad as bookies think they are), Minny (if they got at least some playoff hopes left in them - this is a must win for them), Chicago (Hawks are just terrible lately).

Out of the five, Cleveland and Chicago I like the best at the moment.

Orlando on the road: 21-3 to Under when their opponent doesn't score 120+ points

Magic on a little 2-1 Over run away, but the 2 Overs only surpassed the line inside the final 40 seconds of each game.

Washington is 7-3 to Under L10 @home (now 14-14 on the season), but have held their opponents to <100 pts their last 3 games. Have yet to hold teams to <100 pts over 4 straight this season (failed 4 previous times trying).

The Sacramento Kings and guard Jimmer Fredette are finalizing a buyout agreement on his contract, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Kings tried to move Jimmer Fredette before Thursday's trade deadline. (USA TODAY Sports)
Fredette, the 10th overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft, will be a free agent should he clear NBA waivers.

Refs are 6 - 22 against short home dogs (0 - 4.5 points) in Denver...
I like Denver, but that's really one sided...

NBA free-agent forward-center Drew Gooden is expected to sign a 10-day contract with the Washington Wizards following the loss of Nene, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Danny Granger could be bought out by the 76ers on Tuesday.
The newly-acquired Granger reportedly wants to play for a contender, which could lead to the Sixers to buy out the former All-Star sooner rather than later as he needs to be on another team's roster in order to be eligible for the playoffs

Paul Millsap's bruised knee will keep him out of at least the Hawks' next two games.

To many injuries on Cleveland and don't think they get there pound of flesh against Toronto Tonight. Toronto beats the teams it's suppose to 19-9 vs less the 500 teams and 9-4 away. Cleveland had that nice 6-0 run and now it's time to give back those wins. Granted Cleveland does play well as a short home dog but I'like the team that wants to stay on top on that weak eastern Atlanta Division with a Brooklyn team starting to play well. Under is solid also but the number seems right on. Toronto 8 point favorite at home vs Cleveland now open -3 and move to -3.5 Laying a lot of wood. But everything that I see at this time points to Toronto. GL

EDIT: J.R. Smith is a POS 6th man award how that happen. I watch him and can't remember the last time he took a good shot.

Houston with a big look ahead to the clippers tomorrow. A team they've lost to twice... Back in November

They also lost twice to the Kings and Kings can win the series against them, for the first time after very long time, if they win tonight...

interesting scheduling for Twolves - 3rd game of a 5 game trip but then have 3 days off after tonight before they play at Sac. saturday

I'm leaning towards the UNDER in Wash, and the Kings. Good sandwich spot against Hou, with the middle team (Sacto) playing with some confidence.

this is my limit on juice on props but i gotta do it with how shitty the rockets have been vs PGs... looks a little too easy with how thomas has been doing the past few games so that kind of worries me.

I. Thomas Over 21.5 pts -125

added wiz 1q over 26.5 points -110

My first ever 1st quarter TT... The magic struggle starting out games and the wiz have been stellar in first quarters and I think the wiz will look to run more with nene out for a month+

[h=2]RAPTORS AT CAVALIERS, 7 P.M. ET[/h] February 25, 2014 · 6:19PM
TV: League Pass

• Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao (back soreness), shooting guard Dion Waiters (left knee hyperextension), and shooting guard C.J. Miles (left ankle sprain) remain out and will not travel with the team to Oklahoma City for its Wednesday game. Cleveland coach Mike Brown said Varejao and Waiters have resumed light on-court work, but Miles has not performed any basketball activities since being hurt on Feb. 19 against Orlando. Leading rebounder Varejao is sitting out his seventh game in a row, while sixth man Waiters is sidelined for a fourth straight contest.
  • Cavaliers center Spencer Hawes, who was acquired from Philadelphia on Feb. 20, makes his first start with the team. The 7-foot-1, 245-pounder is averaging 11.5 points and 11.0 rebounds in two games with Cleveland. Hawes replaces center Tyler Zeller, who had been filling in for Varejao since he was injured Feb. 9 against Memphis. “Adding Spencer Hawes gives them an outside shooter that spreads the floor, so you can’t focus too much on (All-Star point guard) Kyrie Irving,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey said.
  • The Cavaliers are on a two-game losing streak that has dropped them five games behind seventh-place Charlotte and eighth-place Atlanta in the Eastern Conference playoff race. “We dug ourselves such a hole early on, it’s hard to get out of it,” Brown said. “I wish it was a quicker process, but we have gotten better every month.” Cleveland’s starters are Irving, shooting guard Jarrett Jack, small forward Luol Deng, power forward Tristan Thompson, and Hawes.
  • Toronto, which leads the Atlantic Division by four games over Brooklyn, continues to hold down the third seed in the Eastern Conference by 1 1/2 games over Chicago. Power forward Amir Johnson (right ankle soreness), who was listed as questionable, will start. The remainder of the Raptors’ lineup conists of point guard Kyle Lowry, shooting guard DeMar DeRozan, small forward Terrence Ross, and center Jonas Valanciunas.

[h=2]LAKERS AT PACERS, 7 P.M. ET[/h] February 25, 2014 · 6:27PM
TV: NBA TV

• Evan Turner can expect to play between 18-25 minutes off the bench in his debut with the Pacers tonight, said Indiana coach Frank Vogel. The shooting guard, acquired along with Lavoy Allen for Danny Granger at the NBA trade deadline, joined the team for a post-practice workout Sunday, had a full practice Monday and shootaround Tuesday morning.

• Vogel said both Turner and Allen picked up the offense quickly. “I think they’re very far ahead of where I thought they would be,” Vogel said. “They seem to have a very high basketball IQ and hopefully can step right in.”

• The Pacers have split their last six games, including disappointing road losses to the Magic and Timberwolves and a listless performance in a home loss to Dallas. Vogel hopes the trade will help shake the team back to life. “Change always brings a certain level of excitement,” he said, “and hopefully this will be a little bit of a spark for our team and help springboard us forward.”

• Nick Young will miss his fifth consecutive game for the Lakers with a left knee fracture and bone bruise. “It’s a little bit of a setback,” coach Mike D’Antoni said, “but he’ll come back and this gives us a chance to take a look at the other guys.”

• The Lakers also are without Kobe Bryant (fractured left knee), Xavier Henry (right knee bone bruise) and Steve Nash (nerve root irritation).

• Indiana will start its usual lineup of George Hill, Lance Stephenson, Paul George, David West and Roy Hibbert. Andrew Bynum and Solomon Hill are inactive.

• The Lakers will start Kendall Marshall, Jodie Meeks, Wesley Johnson, Kent Bazemore and Pau Gasol. Bryant and Henry are inactive
– Conrad Brunner
[h=3]Share this:[/h]

<small>Category: Uncategorized / Tags: / Comments Off /
</small>
[h=2]MAGIC AT WIZARDS, 7 P.M. ET[/h] February 25, 2014 · 6:27PM

• The Wizards (28-28), fifth in the Eastern Conference, are on a roll with three straight wins. Then the team got rocked as they learned on Monday Nene will miss six weeks with a sprained left MCL. The power forward, who is averaging 14.2 points and 5.8 rebounds, suffered the injury during the third quarter of Sunday’s win at the Cleveland Cavaliers. “We’re going to play the same way. Our philosophy doesn’t change,” Wizards coach Randy Wittman said. “There are going to be opportunities tonight for guys that maybe haven’t played as many minutes to step up.” Trevor Booker is expected to replace Nene in the starting lineup.
  • Not be outdone on the injury front, the Magic will play without leading scorer Arron Afflalo (sprained right ankle) for a second straight game. Meanwhile point guard Jameer Nelson is a game-time decision due to a sinus issue, Magic coach Jacque Vaughn said. Orlando (17-41) has lost four of five games overall and 15 straight on the road games.
  • Orlando added reinforcements by signing center Dewayne Dedmon and swingman Adonis Thomas to 10-day contracts. Dedmon, who previously had short stints with the Golden State Warriors and Philadelphia 76ers, averaged 15.2 points and 13.1 rebounds per game for the D-League’s Santa Cruz Warriors. Thomas averaged 16.2 points with the Springfield Armor.
  • The Wizards defeated the Magic 98-80 back on Dec. 2 at the Verizon Center, the first of four meetings between the Southeast division foes. The two teams will meet again on March 14 and April 11 in Orlando. The Magic have won 11 of the last 15 against the Wizards.
Ben Standig

Kevin Love had his left elbow wrapped in ice after Tuesday's shootaround, but there is no indication that his status is in jeopardy.

Love banged his elbow during Saturday's game and we'll keep an eye on him, but owners should keep him locked and loaded in all active lineups. Love is fourth in the NBA in scoring (26.5 ppg) and second in rebounding (13.2 rpg), but the injury-plagued Wolves find themselves more than six games out of the playoff picture.

prop stands at 46.5 pts+boards+assists

They also lost twice to the Kings and Kings can win the series against them, for the first time after very long time, if they win tonight...

i just saw that the rockets beat the kings by 21 about a month ago...

kings +4 for me

• The Timberwolves (27-29), though winning three of their past four, continue to be bogged down with injuries. Out again tonight are center Nikola Pekovic (ankle), guard Kevin Martin (thumb) and center Rony Turiaf (knee).
  • The injuries have forced star forward Kevin Love to put in time at center. “It wears him out after awhile,” coach Rick Adelman said. “It takes away from his rebounding because he has to box guys out.”
  • Eric Bledsoe is getting closer to a return for the Suns. The guard, who has missed every game since Jan. 2 with a knee injury, played three-on-three on Monday and two-and-two on Tuesday. No exact date has been set for his return. The Suns (33-22) are 16-8 in the games he’s played.
  • Over the past 12 games, the Suns’ Goran Dragic has averaged 23.7 points on 56 percent shooting, including 55 percent on 3-pointers.
  • Backup Suns’ guard Leandro Barbosa will miss the game with a toe injury.
Mike Tulumello
[h=3]Share this:[/h]

<small>Category: Uncategorized / Tags: / Comments Off /
</small> [h=2]TRAIL BLAZERS AT NUGGETS, 9 P.M. ET[/h] February 25, 2014 · 8:21PM

• Portland will play its fourth consecutive game without forward LaMarcus Aldridge, who is out with a left groin strain. Aldridge scored a career-high 44 points in a win over Denver on Jan. 23. The Blazers will also be without forward Joel Freeland (right knee sprain) and center Meyers Leonard (sprained left ankle). Dorell Wright will start his fourth game of the season in place of Aldridge. “With L.A. out, that’s 20 shots a game, that’s 10, 11 rebounds a game that we have to manufacture,” Trail Blazers coach Terry Stotts said.
  • Nuggets coach Brian Shaw is shaking up his starting lineup, inserting 7-footer Timofey Mozgov at center and bringing J.J. Hickson in off the bench. Hickson, who scored just one point in a loss to Sacramento on Sunday, has started most of the year at center despite being undersized. “(Mozgov) gives us that size in the middle, which J.J., to his credit, was doing the best he possibly could but night in and night out was overmatched in terms of size,” Shaw said. “This gives us a more natural matchup to start the game as well as allow J.J. to go back to his natural power forward position coming off the bench.” Hickson will serve as Kenneth Faried’s backup at power forward.
  • Denver will be without point guard Ty Lawson for the seventh straight game because of a fractured rib. The Nuggets are 1-5 since Lawson suffered the injury Feb. 8 in Detroit.
  • One player who has stepped up his game in the absence of Aldridge is point guard Damian Lillard. In the three games Aldridge has been out, Lillard is averaging 30.3 points and 6.0 assists while shooting 53 percent from the field. “He’s showing some leadership on the court,” Stotts said. “Last game he was extremely efficient, even with foul trouble. He’s looking to be aggressive offensively when he needs to be, but he’s not trying to take too much on his shoulders.”

Harden is in the zone. Can't do anything about that.

The timberwolves comeback win was very impressive.

Back