Tuesday 02/24/15 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 954"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - TUE 2/24[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 2/24[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]501[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-4.5 1.980[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.555[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 204.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]502[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Washington Wizards[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+4.5 1.925[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.620[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 204.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Tue 2/24[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]503[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Cleveland Cavaliers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-6.5 1.884[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.344[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 205.5 1.970[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]04:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]504[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Detroit Pistons[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+6.5 2.020[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 3.560[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 205.5 1.934[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 2/24[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]505[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Indiana Pacers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+6.5 1.925[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 3.310[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 204.5 1.934[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]506[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Oklahoma City Thunder[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-6.5 1.980[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.384[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 204.5 1.970[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Tue 2/24[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]507[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Toronto Raptors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+4 2.020[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.639[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 205.5 1.980[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]05:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]508[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Dallas Mavericks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-4 1.884[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.549[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 205.5 1.925[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Why do they keep setting these Dallas totals so ridiculously high?

Dallas under 204 is a no-brainer.

AUBURN HILLS -- When Tayshaun Prince left the Detroit Pistons in a January 2013 trade, Joe Dumars and Lawrence Frank were on the outs, new ownership was about to be forced to take sides in yet another coaching ouster, and a team for which he once won a championship and enjoyed years of competitive prosperity was broken.
That is the last memory Prince had of the Pistons, a shattered, dysfunctional unit suffering through a sequence of transitions and poor decisions, one of which he viewed as trading him, a trusted veteran of 10-plus seasons here, without forewarning one afternoon in Indianapolis.
If he seemed less than overjoyed to return in his initial press conference since the Pistons reacquired him in a Thursday trade with Boston, he said that was the reason.
"That's why there wasn't a lot of energy in my press conference yesterday, because obviously, how I left, things were upside-down," Prince said Monday, after his first practice since the trade. "When you leave a place, that kind of sticks in back of your head."
Prince again was not expecting to be traded when the Celtics sent him to the Pistons for Jonas Jerebko and Gigi Datome, and he admitted he was "pissed off from the get-go" about being traded anywhere for the second time this season.
Memphis traded Prince to Boston on Jan. 12.
Offenses don't change much but terminology does with each move.
"The last month has been some of the same plays but three different play calls," Prince said.
Prince likely will start at small forward at 7:30 tonight when the Pistons host the Cleveland Cavaliers, Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy said Monday.
His first start back with the team comes in a small forward matchup against LeBron James.
Prince said he was more concerned about conditioning than his role.
"I haven't played in two weeks," he said. "That's my only concern, it's really more as far as my wind, and being able to help right away, which that's what every player wants to do once they step on the court, they want to help right away."
When the Pistons traded Prince on Jan. 30, 2013, they were pulling in different directions internally.
Hiring Van Gundy as president of basketball operations and head coach has created a different structural environment.
"I haven't been here long enough to see how everything's going," Prince said. "I know Stan is doing a good job of getting it in the right direction. I haven't been a part of that yet. So we'll see."
Days after Prince was traded, then-rookie Andre Drummond suffered a back injury and was sidelined two months. Only after Prince was gone did Drummond and Greg Monroe first start together, a delay which might have cost Frank his job as head coach.
"Those two big guys are the key to our success," Prince said. "A lot of people think it's because of the offensive side, how they finish around the rim and stuff like that, but it's the defensive end that's most important for us to keep winning."
Prince said he wants to be respected simply for being a veteran contributor "not the history and everything that I've done here."
Late-game fan chants of "We Want Tayshaun" and "We Want Prince" during Sunday's win over Washington was such an example. Prince was in uniform but had not practiced and there was no plan for him to play.

Reaction of Detroit Pistons fans makes Tayshaun Prince feel goodPrince was back in a Pistons uniform Sunday but did not play in a 106-89 victory over Washington.

"They were chanting 'Tay' yesterday in the crowd, and stuff like that, and all the young guys were looking at me like, 'Hey, man, see how you've got it around here.' Nuh-uh. Chill out, young fella. That ain't how it is," Prince said.
Van Gundy started Caron Butler at small forward the two games since Thursday's pair of trades, one of which sent starter Kyle Singler to Oklahoma City.
Also in that trade, the Pistons acquired Reggie Jackson, which made them bigger at point guard. He and Prince gave the Pistons more size and longer arms on the perimeter.
"We're getting longer, we're getting more athletic, we're getting the kind of team I think you need to have to defend well," Van Gundy said. "Now, we've just got to be more committed to it."
The Pistons have only one floor-stretching power forward with their roster realignment, Anthony Tolliver, which could result in Prince and/or Butler playing there against smaller lineups, Van Gundy said.
It's a different environment than the one Prince left here two years ago, except for his veteran role in it.
The Pistons are in a youth movement, and have succeeded at four of five positions, save for small forward.
They will rely on a mix of Prince, Butler, Cartier Martin, NBA Development League call-up Quincy Miller, and three-guard rotations against smaller lineups to cobble together the other spot.
"The most important thing now is you saw how they've played the last couple of games, try to get them to keep playing that way, but also just add another experienced veteran to the mix," Prince said. "Hopefully, I don't just mess things up."

Yeah... what's going on in DC...
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p>Steph Curry participated in shoot around and has been listed as probable for tonight's game in Washington</p>&mdash; Tim Roye (@warriorsvox) <a href="https://twitter.com/warriorsvox/status/570256326116425728">February 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Toronto's fourth road game in five nights. four road games in five nights after not playing for a week is tough.. Played the Under 204.5 and as much as I hate to lay anything with Dallas this is as good a spot as any. They (Dallas) have to go to Atlanta tomorrow so a win here would be nice after two straight losses.Parson's isn't expected to play for Dallas.

Toronto has 60% success rate ATS playing 4th game in 5 nights in franchise history and they are also 3 - 0 since last season both SU and ATS (all three also resulted in an Over).

Interesting enough, many teams that play 4 in 5, doing that much better ATS than one would expect.

Best spot to fade a team in such spot is home dog - 34.3% success rate.

The last decade for example, playing in Denver in such spot, teams have 66.7% ATS success rate, despite having only 18.8% SU success rate.

I won't disagree but I need more then a 3-0 record and Franchise history really doesn't do anything for me. They had an 18 point lead last night against a team with 3 starters out and died. Hey they may win tonight anything can happen but a team that avg 108 points a game on the road hasn't really done much even the last few games before the break. I hate Dallas by the way. Good Luck Tonight.:shake:

I won't disagree but I need more then a 3-0 record and Franchise history really doesn't do anything for me. They had an 18 point lead last night against a team with 3 starters out and died. Hey they may win tonight anything can happen but a team that avg 108 points a game on the road hasn't really done much even the last few games before the break. I hate Dallas by the way. Good Luck Tonight.:shake:

Got to tip your hat to the pelicans.,,

agree here....tor ran out of gas last night and one would think that the same would happen tonight

If you assume a big lead for Cleveland at half time they normally do not make real effort in the second half and have a Thursday date with GS. Detroit might be lucky.

If you assume a big lead for Cleveland at half time they normally do not make real effort in the second half and have a Thursday date with GS. Detroit might be lucky.

Agree with this, have noticed they get out big and just stand around and coast the 2nd half. Worth a look. Also Jim Fiest is giving out Toronto I like Dallas more now:rofl:

However, I don't like the spot for Dallas. Good spot for Toronto off the upset loss, playing with revenge while Dallas has a revenger tomorrow.

not meaning to be a dik, not towards you at least .. Apologies

No discussion on the games at all... Too many people just want to say "no" without giving their reason why.. Or just asking "what do you think about so and so" .. Well share your thoughts and discuss..

It's okay. You said "Marion" - obviously it's a mistake, not implying you're an idiot or anything. Just wanted to know if I'm missing something, which is why I mentioned it. Was it a typo or autocomplete (or autocomplete based on a typo, like maybe Amare or Demar turned into Marion somehow) or did Marion pop on your TV screen right when you meant to type someone else's name? I thought maybe someone else was out, which I'd like to know of course.

For the record, I played the under pretty big and played Raptors a good bit smaller. Have been adding Raptors and, to a lesser extent, under in ingame play.

Mavs have gone under by an average of 11+ points per game (excluding OT) over the past 24 games. Despite the fast pace and hot shooting, 1H only went over by a point or 1.5. This should still go under.

Good question because now I am trying to figure out why I thought there was an injury.. Thought I had read about a hip and then I heard/ read about how long it has been since them playing on the suns together

Rondo has really changed that offense..

keep an eye on the heat for overs moving forward.. Dragic makes a huge difference as does bosh being out..

Really great games this week...
Memphis - LAC yesterday, all four games today promised to be good and most are.
Tomorrow big games in Portland, Atlanta, Houston (and one fun/interesting game in Sacramento).
Cleveland - GSW on Thursday.
Really one of the best weeks to watch NBA this season...

Rondo has really changed that offense..

keep an eye on the heat for overs moving forward.. Dragic makes a huge difference as does bosh being out..

So far, this trade made Dallas a lot worse. Something about their game just seems off since Rondo came. He also kills the spacing on the floor...
Dallas needs to figure out how to play with him or this will be very short post season for them.

Back