Tuck Rule Anniversary

Pats had 0 offensive penalties for 0 yards
Pats had 0 defensive penalties for 0 yards

@Gandolf - cowboys have nothing on the raiders.

but the game was extended by ot ... oh that makes that more incredible. But it was in perfect weather ... oh no it was a blizzard they were perfect in.

they did have one penalty on special teams.

sigh @twinkie13

I was at the game. I rooted for the Patriots as growing up they were pathetic and it was cool that they were having some success.

Wish I could go back and slap myself.

Side note, I will go to my grave saying that Vinatieri’s FG in regulation was one of the most impressive sporting achievements I have ever seen in person.

I was at the game. I rooted for the Patriots as growing up they were pathetic and it was cool that they were having some success.

Wish I could go back and slap myself.

Side note, I will go to my grave saying that Vinatieri’s FG in regulation was one of the most impressive sporting achievements I have ever seen in person.
Like kicking a bowling ball through a wind tunnel

All these years later and still sick to my stomach. Probably as a fan the worst break I have ever seen given to a team I root for. Possibly the worst break given to any team.

I always think about this…..if Brady was not gifted this how things might have gone differently. Gruden probably wins a Super Bowl in Oakland. Probably not traded to Tampa. Raiders are probably still in Oakland because they probably would have gotten a new stadium. How does this single play change the Pats and Brady’s history? Maybe Brady doesn’t have the confidence to become who he became. Maybe Hoodie doesn’t accomplish what he did.

It’s weird I remember watching the game but I can’t remember how I felt about it. Wasn’t that the year pats went on to beat the greatest show on turf rams? I remember I started hating them after that, their game plan was basically to hold and mug rams wrs cause they apparently figured out in this game refs don’t throw flags on them!! Still blame mike Martz for not figuring out to run Marshall Faulk till it was too late!! Rams had to have doubled them in yards and still lost on one of many last second fgs that won rings by greatest clutch kicker we ever seen!!

All these years later and still sick to my stomach. Probably as a fan the worst break I have ever seen given to a team I root for. Possibly the worst break given to any team.

I always think about this…..if Brady was not gifted this how things might have gone differently. Gruden probably wins a Super Bowl in Oakland. Probably not traded to Tampa. Raiders are probably still in Oakland because they probably would have gotten a new stadium. How does this single play change the Pats and Brady’s history? Maybe Brady doesn’t have the confidence to become who he became. Maybe Hoodie doesn’t accomplish what he did.
Should’ve been sitting in the Dome for the most obvious pass interference in history

Should’ve been sitting in the Dome for the most obvious pass interference in history

At the time I loved it being the saints hater (well brees hater really!) I am but then we got treated to one the most god awful SB’s ever so in hindsight rather have seen Brady v Brees.

Maybe it was karma for thinking them getting cheated was funny that somehow I lost a teaser on rams even tho pats only scored what 13 freaking points!!

I think about that all the time as well. It was a bullshit call and everyone knows it. But what if they let the fumble stand? Or what if they got it back and Brady couldn’t do anything with it? How much different could history be?

Maybe Brady doesn’t get his shot and they keep Bledsoe?

I think about that all the time as well. It was a bullshit call and everyone knows it. But what if they let the fumble stand? Or what if they got it back and Brady couldn’t do anything with it? How much different could history be?

Maybe Brady doesn’t get his shot and they keep Bledsoe?

Rams might be a dynasty cause no way raiders beat them!! That woulda been b2b which pretty select company they probably deserved to be in cause that greatest show team was fantastic!! Nobody knew what to do with that offense till hoody had his corners simply grab, hold, push, generally anything to interfere before the ball was in the air to throw off the timing of those routes!! Then if/when they did catch it make them pay. Pats woulda set the record for penalties in that game had they played the wrs like that w way game officiated today!!

Maybe that even leads to rams not proceeding to have more years of trash (like 90s were before greatest show happened) which somehow leads to them not being sold to that wal-Mart cocksucker who moved them!! Oh the ripples in history one stupid play ball changes!

Of course it has changed even more than that since now the rule is that a incomplete pass which has probably effected a bunch of games over the years. All to get a team named the patriots with very American colors into a SB the season of 9/11!

We win the year after I have zero doubt

Callahan kept the offense gruden built, didnt change a thing, so much so that john lynch knew the audibles from the first play in the super bowl. So not having to go up against that would have been nice.

We win the year after I have zero doubt

Callahan kept the offense gruden built, didnt change a thing, so much so that john lynch knew the audibles from the first play in the super bowl. So not having to go up against that would have been nice.

That was the most redic SB of all time. It was clear that nasty bucs d new exactly what was coming every time!

I remembering hearing that was the case some time after. It was pretty obvious. I forget the score but it was really bad wasn’t it?

48-21., I wanted to say it was 40 something to 10, I didht remember raiders scoring that much.

Back