Trevone Boykin Out 4-6 Weeks

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
Frogs O' War has learned that TCU starting quarterback Trevone Boykin underwent surgery on Monday evening to repair his left wrist, and is expected to be out 4-6 weeks.

Sources confirmed to Frogs O' War writer tylervr11 earlier today that Boykin underwent surgery to repair an injury to his left wrist.

Matt Joeckel will likely start in Boykin's place.

It's unclear exactly when Boykin suffered the injury, but it seems to have happened near the end of the game this past Saturday against Baylor. Boykin completed a season-low 44% of his passes against Baylor, but still helped lead TCU's offense to 51 points and 485 total yards in the loss. In the 4th quarter, Boykin completed only 3-of-10 passes for 21 yards, and his accuracy looked to be off.

On the season, Boykin had completed 57.7% of his passes for 1,463 yards and 11 touchdowns to just two interceptions. He had also rushed for 305 yards and three touchdowns. His passing totals had already eclipsed his stats from 2013, when he found himself splitting time with Casey Pachall.

The junior from Dallas had beaten out senior transfer Matt Joeckel during August camp for the starting job.

Falling into that 4-6 week timeline are games against Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, at West Virginia, Kansas State and at Kansas.
TCU Sports Information Director Mark Cohen was not immediately available for comment.

http://www.frogsowar.com/2014/10/14...revone-boykin-out-4-6-weeks-with-wrist-injury

Feel bad for Boykin though. Kid was tearing it up. Hopefully he gets better soon.

My opinion: I just feel like TCU's offense ran completely through Boykin. I'm sure Joekel will do some good things and the offense won't just suck now bc Meachum and Cumbie are too good for that. But Boykin made this offense go. Teams would not blitz bc of his scrambling ability, probably 80-90% of the RB's rushing yards were bc of Boykin and on the option game.

I think it's a massive loss for this offense. But I could be completely wrong.

Wow that's HILARIOUS!!! Ha ha ha

well good for him. Hopefully he's not, TCU needs him.

If this is untrue then that's just sad and embArrassing....social media will be the end of us

There is this:

WACO — Seems like these days it wouldn’t be a complete TCU vs. Baylor game without some postgame fireworks.
TCU coach Gary Patterson said a Baylor player “threatened” him after the game and the player had to be restrained by Baylor defensive coordinator Phil Bennett.
“I’m not going into all that. It was disappointing. Coach Bennett was the one who broke it up. You can ask him,” Patterson said of the incident.

While TCU and Baylor players shook hands after Baylor’s Chris Callahan made the winning field goal as time expired, a Baylor player approached Patterson and continued to follow him and talk after Patterson turned away. Bennett stepped in to defuse the situation.
Patterson said the nature of the “threats” centered on his postgame rant last season after TCU’s 41-38 loss to Baylor.
Patterson said he apologized to Baylor coach Art Briles before Saturday’s game.
“I always call it how I see it, good or bad, but I wanted to make sure I waited a year till I got to this point where it was in the heat of battle to make sure I told him how I felt about the situation,” Patterson said.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/10/11/6193513/tcu-notes-patterson-says-he-was.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/10/11/6193513/tcu-notes-patterson-says-he-was.html#storylink=cpy

Funky town?
Cow shit and bowling alleys I could see, funky...........no way.
Plus we have two world famous museums of art. Doesn't Dallas have a crayon exhibit or something?

I say that as a term of endearment. Yall never called it funky town?

and believe me, dallas is filled with horrible people and petulant kids. no argument here.

I say that as a term of endearment. Yall never called it funky town?

and believe me, dallas is filled with horrible people and petulant kids. no argument here.

Always called it Cowtown. Since I lived on the north side as a kid, when the old Swift company was running, Cowshxttown was as all I knew.
I can still smell it.

Back