Trends & Things 2/6/7

BOS@DET

• Celtics are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games following a SU loss of more than 10 points.86
  • Pistons are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 home games. 82<LI class=morehot>Under is 4-1 in Celtics last 5 games following a SU loss of more than 10 points. 80
    [*]Under is 8-2 in Celtics last 10 games following a ATS loss.80
    [*]Under is 5-0-1 in Pistons last 6 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.100

LAC@NYK

• Clippers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games as a road favorite of 0.5-4.5.86
  • Knicks are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games as a home underdog.100
  • Under is 6-1 in Clippers last 7 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.86
  • Over is 5-0 in Knicks last 5 games as a home underdog of 0.5-4.5.100

ORL@MIL

• Magic are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games as a favorite of 0.5-4.5.89
  • Bucks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a SU loss of more than 10 points.80
  • Over is 5-1 in Magic last 6 games as a favorite of 0.5-4.5.83
  • Under is 8-1 in Bucks last 9 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.89

HOU@MEM

• Rockets are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games as a road favorite.86
  • Grizzlies are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.80
  • Under is 10-1 in Rockets last 11 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of less than .400.91
  • Over is 5-0 in Grizzlies last 5 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.100

PHO@POR

• Suns are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.83
  • Trail Blazers are 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games as a home underdog.100
  • Trail Blazers are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.100
  • Under is 4-1 in Suns last 5 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.80
  • Under is 6-1 in Trail Blazers last 7 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.86

Sorry to hijack your thread, john, but Boston's playing again, so...

The road team ATS in BOS games this season is 33-11-2 (12-1 last 13)

Boston on the road ATS is 15-6-2 (covered 7 straight)
Boston @home ATS is 5-18

Detroit is 3-13 ATS their last 16 @home

The road team has covered both games between these teams this season.

All that said, I wouldnt put a cent on Bumston so I'll pass.

Last edited:
NO apology needed BC. The purpose of this thread is not for me to control what trends I feel are the most important, it is to share info. The way I have made the trend pick is to find the trends that hit at the highest percentage. While your Boston on the road trend is juicy and looks great, it only has hit 70%. Until the way I've come to make the final pick starts to fail, I will stick to what is working. But for the record, I am on Boston, for some of the reasons you posted.:shake:

The way I have made the trend pick is to find the trends that hit at the highest percentage. While your Boston on the road trend is juicy and looks great, it only has hit 70%

While I appreciate that, none of your trends are 40+ games in stat pool size, so my take would be 70%+ over 40+ games is a lot more solid than 80%+ over 5-15 games. The smaller the grouping size, obviously the more its subject to being an anomaly.

While I appreciate that, none of your trends are 40+ games in stat pool size, so my take would be 70%+ over 40+ games is a lot more solid than 80%+ over 5-15 games. The smaller the grouping size, obviously the more its subject to being an anomaly.

Noted, BC. In fact in one of the first T&T last month, I wrote how I didn't know if I should put more stock in trends that hit at a lower percentage over a longer timeframe, or hotter trends with a shorter sample size. I obviously have chosen to chase the later of the two thus far. I don't remember how RobertoFiory did it at Covers, but as I also said in another T&T, part of the reason I am doing this is to try to see what trends are most important, what situations trends serve best, and generally open a board-wide discussion on this angle of thinking. So far the idea exchange has been scant, and I hope that changes.

Back