Totals out at Bookmaker - Total discussion

Dmoney416

Ben Mauk's Counsel
First glance leans/interesting totals:

West Virginia/Marshall, 61.5: If you think Marshall is going to put up some points here, the over may be a consideration.

Akron/Ohio St, 53: Seems high to me. Akron did what I expected in week 1 and I dont see any reason we don't see a repeat performance this week. 34-10 OSU seems right to me.

Bowling Green/Mich ST., 56.5: Seems high. Mich St. scoring 55 won't happen again. Problem could be BG's new spread offense.

Rice/Baylor, 44: No clue, just thought it was an interesting number abd a very difficult one to set.

Colorado ST./California, 60: like the over.

Missouri/Miss, 51.5: Want to see what the forum's Mizzou backers say about this.

Oregon/Michigan, 64.5: Um, could this still be too low?

UAB/Florida St., 51: Is UAB so bad that Fla. St. could put up 40 here?

Hawaii/La. Tech, 77: Seems awfully high.

Looking forward to others opinions. :cheers:

That Michigan total probally is just right IMO. I can see a 34-27 type of game. Who knows how Michigan responds though. Can their D really be as bad as they showed on Saturday?

If Michigan State can put up 50 something Florida State can surely put up 40.

Still think WVU/Marshall could easily go over. Say West Virginia 51/Marshall 17 something like that.

First glance leans/interesting totals:

West Virginia/Marshall, 61.5: If you think Marshall is going to put up some points here, the over may be a consideration.

Akron/Ohio St, 53: Seems high to me. Akron did what I expected in week 1 and I dont see any reason we don't see a repeat performance this week. 34-10 OSU seems right to me.

Bowling Green/Mich ST., 56.5: Seems high. Mich St. scoring 55 won't happen again. Problem could be BG's new spread offense.

Rice/Baylor, 44: No clue, just thought it was an interesting number abd a very difficult one to set.

Colorado ST./California, 60: like the over.

Missouri/Miss, 51.5: Want to see what the forum's Mizzou backers say about this.

Oregon/Michigan, 64.5: Um, could this still be too low?

UAB/Florida St., 51: Is UAB so bad that Fla. St. could put up 40 here?

Hawaii/La. Tech, 77: Seems awfully high.

Looking forward to others opinions. :cheers:

wow, I liked that FSU under. I don;t think UAB scores

Michigan opened up at 59 and obviously it got pounded like a mofo...still like it.

BAR, do you know where the Akron/OSU and Cal/CSU games opened at?

Also, not saying that I like the over in UAB/FSU. Just saying that I think FSU will need 40+ if that is to go over.

I like to tease Totals, but if I had an opinion it would be:

WVU/ MArshall: Over
BG/ Sparty: Under
Rice/ BU: got me
CSU/ Cal: Under
Mizzou/ Miss: Over... Alot of points in this one, but I think it will be more so Mizzou 40 Ole Miss 20
Oregon/ Mich: Under
UAB/ FSU: Over, Yes UAB is that bad... look for FSU to work on Pass Blocking.
Hawaii/ LaTech: Under

That was quick... tryin to leave work, but atleast its makin me look like a dedicated employee haha

already on the under for TCU-texas and the over for cal/csu.

Oregon/Michigan seems like a game that should go over anything and 64.5 is reasonable but if you analyze the game, you will see that there will probably not be a lot of passing at all. Chip Kelly's new offense at Oregon looks to be the most run-based ducks attack in years as the strength of the team lies in the legs of dixon, stewart and JJohnson. Couple that with App State's success with spread runs and Oregon's gameplan looks pretty predictable. On the other side, Michigan brings in one of the nation's premiere RBs in Hart who should be able to have a field day against Oregon's defense. Oregon boasts one of the nations top secondaries and weakest front sevens so it *shouldn't* be hard for Carr to decide what to do. Now the offenses for both teams should have very little problems scoring and moving the ball, but getting over the total and both teams should be running the ball nonstop might be tricky.

The LSU-VT and Aub-USF totals both look like nice under plays, but the totals are set in the thirties so they should be handled with care.

OSu-Cincinnati at 45 (i think) could be an appealing under as the Beavers should run nonstop due to their QB troubles and it's hard to see Cincy having a lot of success against that defense.

LMAO at Hunt who said last night to me he would take it up to 66

Dmoney, California total opened 57

that tOSU total is high...UW on deck and still won't show shit on offense like last weekend...all three QB's will play...all three RB's rotate series...etc, etc..

that tOSU total is high...UW on deck and still won't show shit on offense like last weekend...all three QB's will play...all three RB's rotate series...etc, etc..

Yep, that is my favorite one on the board currently, had it in the 47-48 area. Just hope it opens in the samspot at the Greek. Akron's D is solid enough that OSU won't go nuts. Akron will get 14 at the absolute most.

tOSU has a good enough kicker that the new rules don't affect the field position for them..

I won't take any unders in a game where at least one of the teams doesn't have a good kicker..

Anyone know how long it typically takes for The Greek to get totals out?

Are usually 2-4 hours behind (similar to the opening sides)?

Dmoney...really like the U for that Cincy/OSU game at 46...you? These teams will run so much that they will need to break about 4 long scoring runs to cover that total

I had it in the 43.5-44 area. I was disappointed to see 45 since I feel that is a pretty solid line. That said, if it keeps going up.....

Keep in eye on the Strougher situation as well. If he plays it takes away some value from the under.

Also, to be honest, I don't know what Cincy's gameplan will be in terms of run pass ratio. You know he is a spread guy, but he will limit them as he lacks the personnel to do it as of this time.

I would be careful on that FSU under. FSU offense and OL should be better this week. They can name the score vs. UAB's god awful team. That team is pathetic dude. If Michigan State scored that many and pounded the shit out of them, what do you think FSU will do to them? FSU will probably cover the over on their own. UAB put on one of the poorest exhibitions of tackling and defense I have ever seen. This defense is slow and can't tackle to save their lives. These little half back dumps and pass plays will be a YAC fest in Tallahassee.

That Bowling Green/Michigan State Under looks interesting.

Mizzou will most likely put up 40 something on Ole Miss.

I would be careful on that FSU under. FSU offense and OL should be better this week. They can name the score vs. UAB's god awful team. That team is pathetic dude. If Michigan State scored that many and pounded the shit out of them, what do you think FSU will do to them? FSU will probably cover the over on their own. UAB put on one of the poorest exhibitions of tackling and defense I have ever seen. This defense is slow and can't tackle to save their lives. These little half back dumps and pass plays will be a YAC fest in Tallahassee.

That Bowling Green/Michigan State Under looks interesting.

Mizzou will most likely put up 40 something on Ole Miss.

Up to 57.5 now.....

Not sure, not much of a totals player. Just think with Dantonio's emphasis on defense and the run that this should go under. Just not sure about Bowling Green's rush defense, they were horrible last year, and Bowling Green should be able to muster a few points, but still think this goes under.

Back