tOSU Observation

frankiegotti

Power Boat Enthusiast
Is there any possibility that tOSU could still play in the national title game?

Here is my scenario:

West Virigina needs to lose tonight
Oklahoma would have to lose tonight
then, Missouri would have to beat kansas next weekend
then, Missouri would have to lose in the national title game.

I mean that is a lot to have happen but it isn't out of the realm of possibility yet right?

I know i am hoping a little too much would happen but i think it could still happen.

In the bowl selection process is the computer rankings and a committee both taken into account or one or the other?

P.S: Any smart comments will be welcomed because i have been trying to think this thing out all day and my roomates have been feeding me comments like "what implications does baylor winning and Idaho losing have in ohio state's national title run"

You forgot to add the possibility of LSU losing to Arkansas next Friday or in the SEC championship game.

OK QB Bradford is out injured so it doesn't look good for them right now.

This isn't possible gottie because STEED said "No' emphatically several times to me via text on Thursday.

OU losing. Mizzou beats Kansas. OU beats Mizzou. LSU still has SEC Championship game but that should be easy. No UGA I believe. ASU still has USC on Turkey day. WVU has 1.5 games of tough teams.

So say OSU goes...

Does Big Ten use head to head tiebreakers or who hasn't been to Rose Bowl longest to determine who goes?

Because Illy and Michigan would be tied but michigan handled Illy this year.

That could set up a hilarious Michigan-Oregon rematch with Mallett vs Leaf ;)

So say OSU goes...

That could set up a hilarious Michigan-Oregon rematch with Mallett vs Leaf ;)

I am not sure how that would workout. One of the funniest lines i have heard in awhile by a tv broadcast was when leaf was struggling and they said "well we could make a joke at the expense of leaf's brother, but he is still young in his college career" :36_11_6:

IF TOSU goes no rep from Big Ten will be in Rose.

All that needs to happen is OU to lose, WVU to lose, and the winner of the KU/Mizzou game to lose in the Big 12 championship. Thats it. This is all assuming LSU will win out.

The way its shaping up tonight---OU losing and WVU getting all the breaks---West Virginia is in the drivers seat to play LSU if they hang on verse Nati. Uconn @ home and Pittsburgh @ home.

IF TOSU goes no rep from Big Ten will be in Rose.

All that needs to happen is OU to lose, WVU to lose, and the winner of the KU/Mizzou game to lose in the Big 12 championship. Thats it. This is all assuming LSU will win out.

The way its shaping up tonight---OU losing and WVU getting all the breaks---West Virginia is in the drivers seat to play LSU if they hang on verse Nati. Uconn @ home and Pittsburgh @ home.

Nevermind. I forgot they had done away with the full affiliation with Big Ten requirement.

If OU loses to Okie St. which is possible especially if the QB can't go Texas will play in the Big 12 title game if they beat A&M. Okie St. always plays the Sooners tough.

How ironic would it be for the Sooners to lose the final two games of the season because the best RS frosh QB in the country got hurt?

God I hope it happens so I can laugh my ass off.

Kansas will play LSU in the title game IMO. I bet they are kicking themselves for hoaring out their Mizzu game to a neutral field this year for $500,000.

I seriously doubt they thought this game had MNC implications for them and would love to have it at home.

Back