Raptors Plays: 1-0 +$564.60
Sides: 0-0
Totals: 2-0

Overall Plays: 4-2 +$648.30
Sides: 1-1
Totals 3-1

Toronto Raptors vs Boston Celtics Tipoff 2:30pm EST
Over 194 $300 to win $277.80

Quite an anticipated game since the KG trade. Defending Atlantic Division Champs Toronto Raptors and the public favorite to win this year's crown the Boston Celtics. Both teams have shown their intentions this year with their opening season wins. Raptors demoralized the Nets a few days ago getting some vengeance from last season's playoff exit. Celtics took care of the Wiz....well who can't? KG had a monster game 22pts 20rebs 5ast 3stl 3blk Amazing numbers. It is obvious that the big 3 of Pierce, Allen and Garnett will be a huge factor this season, but how will the rest of the team do? Well outside Rando, this team is quite worthless. James Posey is still serving a suspension which means Scalabrine gets more playing time. Lets be real here, just what if one of the big 3 gets into a little foul trouble? Heck what if all 3 get into a little foul trouble, this team is done for. This leads me to believe, the only way for teams to really compete against the Celtics is to consistently attack those big 3 players. Yes KG is defensively sound, but Pierce and Allen? Don't think so. The Raptors have 12 guys to work with, more fresh legs than the Celtics. Problem is the match ups here. Centre of attention will be KG vs Bosh. Last time they met was when the Raps won 111-100, KG managing only 17 points and 10 boards. Pretty standard numbers for most forwards but KG would usually devour a smaller team like the Raps. When we look at the Raptors D, they really do not have any real physical element. Their key line of defense is going to be their guards. Ford and Parker will have to be on guard today. If Ford can take care of Rando, the Celtics distribution will be minimal causing some sort of miscommunication. However, Parker has to deal with Allen. I"m going to assume Allen is going to put up 20pts this game. Yes Parker is a good defender but the fact Allen has an awesome perimeter game let alone drive to the basket, that leaves Parker a little vulnerable. Now we have to deal with Pierce. God forbid who the hell is going to guard him? Kapono? HAHAH. Well i'm going to assume this is going to be where the main source of the attack will be from. Pierce is well aware of how the Raps plays, and he enjoys playing against them. If you look from a Raptors perspective. Bargnani is going to toy with Perkins around the perimeter. I don't see the Raps taking too much chances in the paint or else they are going to get screwed. Bosh still doesn't have enough muscle to mess around with KG, so he might just decide to take on that 15 footer instead.
Tempo should be interesting, the ACC crowd will want a lot of entertainment. Trying to defend KG and co with no size is a bad bad idea. Trying to out run the Celtics who have limited legs that are aging is possibly the best way to win this game. You are going to see the Celtics play one of those big 3 guys for 40mins but can they really keep up with the pace? Not interested in the spread. Obviously would like to see the Raptors win, but its too early to predict whether or not the size issue or speed factor will be beneficial or a downfall.

Good Luck folks!

awesome right up, agree completely with everything said there, for the raptors to win, their guards will have to dominate and i see Ford having a monster game with calderon doing his usual. I actually think the raps will wear this team out, especially if they come out gunning the ball early and often so over is very enticing. gl and and lets a BIG raps win at home.

love it mike.. wanted to be there in person.... but o well... go raps go, and i love the over too

Just hear me out, im playing devils advocate.

any nba team that loses their top 3 players are going to be garbage vs a healthy opponent. I heard this so often when Lakers had Shaq Kobe and Malone. Attack the big 3 and u will win. Well experienced Star players like KG, Allen and Pierce know how to deal with fouls. Getting all 3 in foul trouble is just wishful thinking and not logical reasoning especially if you guys have no muscle to push anyone around as u stated. If TOR loses TJ, Bargnani (sp?), and Bosh, you think they have a chance vs healthy Bos team? I doubt it. Yea ur subs are better than BOS, but they wont be able to hang with a playoff bound starting 5. KG had 17 and 10 on a 1 man Minn team. I think without all the pressure on his back, he will have a decent game today which is 20 and 12 and maybe 5 -7 assists. scary that is a decent game.

Saying that, I do like the over. These 2 teams are top 3-4 in the east. should be a great game.

Back