Toronto @ Golden State NBA Finals Gm. 6 - thoughts

Stew Baker

Pretty much a regular
I see a close, hard-fought game at the Oracle tonight. I do, however, see three things which I believe will swing the game in favor of Golden State.

One is DeMarcus Cousins. whom I feel is rounding into shape at this point, with 5 games under his belt. The big bump in performance from gm. 1 to gm. 2 was nice, but I wasn't buying it as part of a steady upward trajectory. He had a quiet gms. 3 & 4, and coming off a better game 5, I think we'll see him more Cousins-like in game 6.

Two is the KD factor. I really believe the Dubs want to win this thing for Kevin. I'm not playing this way up; both teams are going to be motivated here. But I think the Warriors have a little extra.

Three is that they've lost both playoff home games so far. They can't win one game at home in a 7 game playoff series? I see a lot of Toronto love out there, but Golden State is still a quality team. In the first of those two losses, game 3, they were -2 1/2 (consensus close) with no Klay. The second loss, gm. 4, they were -5 with Klay. The two lines, -2 1/2 without Klay and -5 with, (I know gm. 4 was a "must" game, but linewise that was negated by the uncertainty about Klay being 100%), are basically equivalent in that they roughly reflect the same team rating. Now, at -2 1/2 with Klay, they're letting G.S. go off at a cheapo line, and this sets up, in my view, as the game they win.

Taking all this together, I believe G.S. -2 1/2 is the side tonight. Good luck to whomever you bet.

I see a close, hard-fought game at the Oracle tonight. I do, however, see three things which I believe will swing the game in favor of Golden State.

One is DeMarcus Cousins. whom I feel is rounding into shape at this point, with 5 games under his belt. The big bump in performance from gm. 1 to gm. 2 was nice, but I wasn't buying it as part of a steady upward trajectory. He had a quiet gms. 3 & 4, and coming off a better game 5, I think we'll see him more Cousins-like in game 6.

Two is the KD factor. I really believe the Dubs want to win this thing for Kevin. I'm not playing this way up; both teams are going to be motivated here. But I think the Warriors have a little extra.

Three is that they've lost both playoff home games so far. They can't win one game at home in a 7 game playoff series? I see a lot of Toronto love out there, but Golden State is still a quality team. In the first of those two losses, game 3, they were -2 1/2 (consensus close) with no Klay. The second loss, gm. 4, they were -5 with Klay. The two lines, -2 1/2 without Klay and -5 with, (I know gm. 4 was a "must" game, but linewise that was negated by the uncertainty about Klay being 100%), are basically equivalent in that they roughly reflect the same team rating. Now, at -2 1/2 with Klay, they're letting G.S. go off at a cheapo line, and this sets up, in my view, as the game they win.

Taking all this together, I believe G.S. -2 1/2 is the side tonight. Good luck to whomever you bet.

Can’t see Gsw losing 3 at home in a single series.

Back