Top FA This Summer (08)

brewer

Fan Club of any and everyone good!
For those of us not making the playoffs this year here is something to look forward in this summer's top list of FA. Lots and lots of good talent out there. Who will stay? Who will go?

PG
Calderon
Gibson
J. Williams
A. Carter
Telfair
B. Diddy

SG
Iverson
Arenas
BG7
Kirk Snyder

SF
Gette
Childress
Grant Hill
Marion

PF
Elton
Joel Anthony (MIA)
Emeka

C
Biedrins
Zo
Ratliff

You think Brand and Marion are gonna opt out?

I dont see anyone else paying Marion 18 mil or whatever hes due and is Brand healthy??

Other names on the list ...

Josh Smith, James Posey, Leon Powe, Luol Deng, Delonte West, JR Smith, Azubuike, Monta, J. O'Neal, Bonzi, Ron Artest, Udrih, Brent Barry, Finley, Horry, Kurt Thomas, Millsap, Jamison

I think the heat are pretty much stuck with Marion unless a trade presents itself.

I could see Elton leaving to go to a contender. He is getting up there in years and is one of the best PF in the game. He's looked like his old self of late out there off the inj.

No idea about some of these other guys outside of maybe Gordon and Deng.

Was wondering if any local fans knew what was what. Or if anyone knew anything more. Lot of names and talents available than i can ever recall.

warriors have made it known that they will resign monta. no matter what- thats number 1 priority.

baron is a restricted FA, but will likely stay cuz itd be hard for him to get 16.5 mil from any1 else.

Im scared we lose biedrins cuz monta's makin like 700,000 this yr, and will imo likely get at least 10 mil per yr this contract, and for many yrs. That kinda makes it difficult to do anything with biedrins, although I do not know the exact numbers.

Last edited:
and it would make sense that brand leaves this yr. prolly why he came back for this pointless end of season- to prove to payers that he still got it

I have a soft spot in my heart for UNLV basketball.

Kidding aside in the time he's getting in Miami he's shown he can board with anyone down low and go get blocks. He is playing hard when nobody on that team really has a reason to right now. Something i picked up. Never know ... i'd take him on at his likely low risk contract and see if he can further develop.

But you prolly right shouldn't be in that 1st window of guys.

Was a partial punch in the ribs at the Miami team, as well.

yup. brand should go there.

charlotte and bulls got money to spend in the east, as well.

read like 2-3 times that Philly loves Turiaf I think they gonna try to get him, but I think Turiaf is loyal and will stay with LA but I know that Philly wants him :shake:
I like Turiaf alot he brings alot of energy to the floor...He would probably fit in well with this Philly team but i wish he could do a little bit more on the offensive end...Philly needs a low post player who can score and they really dont have that right now

I dont know what the hell happened to Ben Gordon this year but if I was a fan of any team that got him I would be thrilled. I think he is one of the top SG talents in the league. I am guessing Telfair goes too the Knicks and becomes a very good PG in this league

I dont know what the hell happened to Ben Gordon this year but if I was a fan of any team that got him I would be thrilled. I think he is one of the top SG talents in the league. I am guessing Telfair goes too the Knicks and becomes a very good PG in this league

If you don't care about defense, then you can have him!

warriors have made it known that they will resign monta. no matter what- thats number 1 priority.

baron is a restricted FA, but will likely stay cuz itd be hard for him to get 16.5 mil from any1 else.

Im scared we lose biedrins cuz monta's makin like 700,000 this yr, and will imo likely get at least 10 mil per yr this contract, and for many yrs. That kinda makes it difficult to do anything with biedrins, although I do not know the exact numbers.

As far as the info comes to Latvia then AB15 is willing to stay with GSW. He has to be looking in something above of what Varejao got this summer and something below Kaman's numbers. I believe those are the limits that I think he will fit in. Now it will depend on the cap space for GSW. Really have not checked their cap situation for the upcoming periods.

Someone better snatch up Calderon so that his talents don't go wasted splitting time with TJ Ford.

I would love to see the Lakers get Arenas for the MLE for a year. I hate Arenas almost as much as I do the Lakers, but I love the idea of a player willing to take a paycut BEFORE they're over the hill. But I'd be shocked if that actually unfolded.

Brand should go to Philly, imagine a frontcourt of Brand and Dalembert, both players should compliment eachother very well. And make Philly an immediate contender. Andre Miller, (SG? Willie Green is not suffcient), Andre Igoudala, Brand, Dalembert. That's a tough starting 5, plus Lou Williams and Thaddeus Young coming off the bench.

I'll interested in seeing where Childress goes, he'd be a great 6th man on a good team. One of the most underrated finishers/penetrators in the league, in my opinion.

I would love to see the Lakers get Arenas for the MLE for a year. I hate Arenas almost as much as I do the Lakers, but I love the idea of a player willing to take a paycut BEFORE they're over the hill. But I'd be shocked if that actually unfolded.

You hate Arenas, you hate Lakers - put them together and disaster will happen... No better scenario for you. Phil never needed nor really wanted I believe a big star PG because in his system there is simply no place for PG like Arenas. It would hardly do any good for the Lakers apart from sell shitloads of jerseys there - from business perspective it would give a nice profit for Lakers owners, but hardly do anything good on court...

You hate Arenas, you hate Lakers - put them together and disaster will happen... No better scenario for you. Phil never needed nor really wanted I believe a big star PG because in his system there is simply no place for PG like Arenas. It would hardly do any good for the Lakers apart from sell shitloads of jerseys there - from business perspective it would give a nice profit for Lakers owners, but hardly do anything good on court...

That's the perfect scenario then. I would love to see the Lakers do terribly, I just love the concept of a star player at the peak of his career, taking a monumental paycut for a chance to chase a ring. I'd have to believe it'd be the first time in a long, long time something of this nature unfolded.

A few months ago Al Jefferson could've gotten a max contract, and signed for quite a bit less. Which in my eyes, is amazing.

Think of a player who could get a contract probably 16+mil a year, signing for 1/4th of that. I'm not a salaries buff, but I'm pretty sure nothing like that has ever happened.

It'd be a good story for basketball if it happened. But if it blew up in their faces, I'd love it even more.

I thought the Raps were going to resign Calderon and let Ford go...

10/31/06: The Toronto Raptors signed T.J. Ford to a multi-year contract extension which will begin in the 2007-2008 season
--------

If the Raptors were smart, they'd let Ford go and keep Calderon. I don't know how to find out salary length. I think Calderon is better and more productive the more minutes he gets. I wouldn't mind seeing Calderon in a Blazers uni, plus all the more incentive for Rudy Fernandez to come aboard next year.

I have a gut feeling Brand returns to the Bulls... no team needs him more and he could get more shots, minutes, and praise if he comes there. Bulls have the pieces to work a sign and trade and if Brand comes they're instantly back to where they were a year ago in terms of wins and potential.

Bulls need a fucking coach, an identity and a leader. Brand could solve two of those but who is gonna convince him we can compete for a ring after this season? If this was the summer of 07 and not 08 i could see it but right now Brand coming back to Chicago looks bleek. Maybe Deng gets him to come ... that is if Deng is here come next year.

Maggette coming back home to Chicago and Brand coming with would be phenomenal.

Captain Klank/?
Hughes/Thabo
Gette/?
Brand/Gooden/Tyrus
Noah/Gray

Bit of a stretch. :(

Last edited:
No, #3.

Im working under the David Stern fixing his top nba markets freeze the lottery balls theory.

NBA Team Valuations
12.06.07, 6:00 PM ET

<LINK href="http://images.forbes.com/css/lists/32/style.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom align=middle><TD class=headerow>Rank</TD><TD class=headerow>Team</TD><TD class=headerow>Current Value <SUP>1</SUP> ($mil)</TD><TD class=headerow>1-Yr Value Change (%)</TD><TD class=headerow>Debt/Value <SUP>3</SUP> (%)</TD><TD class=headerow>Revenue <SUP>4</SUP> ($mil)</TD><TD class=headerow>Operating Income <SUP>5</SUP> ($mil)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>1 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>New York Knicks</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>608 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>3 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>0 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>196 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-42.2 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>2 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Los Angeles Lakers</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>560 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-2 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>15 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>170 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>31.8 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>3 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Chicago Bulls</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>500 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>9 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>11 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>161 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>59.3 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>4 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Detroit Pistons</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>477 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>11 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>0 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>154 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>39.2 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>5 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Houston Rockets</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>462 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>5 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>15 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>149 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>29.7 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>6 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Dallas Mavericks</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>461 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-1 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>27 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>140 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-1.6 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>7 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Cleveland Cavaliers</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>455 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>20 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>44 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>152 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>31.9 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>8 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Phoenix Suns</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>449 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>10 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>39 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>145 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>37.3 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>9 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Miami Heat</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>418 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>2 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>42 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>131 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>17.9 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>10 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>San Antonio Spurs</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>405 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>4 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>14 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>131 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>15.5 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>11 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Boston Celtics</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>391 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>6 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>46 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>117 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>18.3 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>12 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Sacramento Kings</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>385 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>2 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>22 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>128 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>20.5 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>13 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Philadelphia 76ers</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>380 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>1 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>17 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>112 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-2.8 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>14 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Toronto Raptors</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>373 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>18 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>44 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>124 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>28.8 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>15 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Washington Wizards</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>348 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>4 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>48 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>112 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>11.6 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>16 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Utah Jazz</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>342 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>15 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>5 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>114 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>5.7 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>17 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>New Jersey Nets</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>338 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>4 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>62 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>102 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-1.3 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>18 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Indiana Pacers</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>333 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-2 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>14 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>107 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-1.3 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>19 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Orlando Magic</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>322 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>14 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>19 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>92 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>4.6 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>20 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Denver Nuggets</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>321 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>4 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>16 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>104 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-4.8 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>21 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Golden State Warriors</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>309 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>16 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>24 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>103 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>1.3 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>22 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Minnesota Timberwolves</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>308 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>0 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>16 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>103 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-1.9 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>23 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Memphis Grizzlies</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>304 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-3 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>49 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>98 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-10.9 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>24 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Los Angeles Clippers</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>294 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>3 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>0 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>98 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>9.8 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>25 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Charlotte Bobcats</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>287 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>4 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>52 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>93 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>5.3 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>26 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Atlanta Hawks</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>286 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>4 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>25 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>95 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>9.7 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>27 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>New Orleans Hornets</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>272 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>10 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>55 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>91 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>10.2 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>28 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Seattle SuperSonics</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>269 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>0 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>52 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>81 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-5.7 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>29 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Milwaukee Bucks</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>264 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>1 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>21 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>88 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>1.7 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=highlight align=middle>30 </TD><TD class=rowcolor noWrap>Portland Trail Blazers</TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>253 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>10 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>41 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>82 </TD><TD class=rowcolor align=right>-25.1 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Maggette coming back home to Chicago and Brand coming with would be phenomenal.

Captain Klank/?
Hughes/Thabo
Gette/?
Brand/Gooden/Tyrus
Noah/Gray

Bit of a stretch. :(

Haha, brew, this could never happen, c'mon now! Look at that logjam at the four. One of those guys would be gone. Brand coming back would be great. Never was a fan of Magette.

I would LOVE Agent Zero in a Bulls uniform. Send Kirk away!

Back