• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Goldy
Rizzo
Miggy
Votto
Davis

In no particular order and without much thought

Which leads to the question that scarf asked (same one I asked in his top 5 catchers thread)...is this fantasy wise, or just all around first basemen?

Not for fantasy purposes, and in no particular order, though I think the top 3 are above the rest...

Rizzo
Goldy
Miggy

Gonzalez
Votto
Abreu
Davis
Hosmer
Encarnacion? (if he's considered a 1b)

Abreu and AGone were the other 2 I considered. Didn't really think about Edwin. Don't see Hoz on these guys' level.

crush K's way too much to be included on this list, had Parrot/Hosmer/Votto on the list for a while

Abreu and AGone were the other 2 I considered. Didn't really think about Edwin. Don't see Hoz on these guys' level.

Hosmer may be the best with the glove though, so he has to be at least be in the discussion if we're not talking fantasy purposes.

Not sure Edwin can really be considered a 1B for this exercise because he's primarily a DH in Toronto.

miggy, adrian, rizzo, goldy, freeman

Thought about Freeman as well, but really not sure he's on the level with Abreu, Votto, Gonzalez. He's pretty slick in the field though, so maybe he's in the top 10?

crush K's way too much to be included on this list, had Parrot/Hosmer/Votto on the list for a while

Davis isn't exceptionally good in the field either, so he probably shouldn't be in the top 5. I think I'd have him last in the list I posted if I was putting them in order.

Hard to take anyone serious if they don't have Votto on their list.

The guy is a beast. .459 OBP last season, 1.000 OPS and 174 OPS+ 29 HR's 11 SB's

If those numbers alone don't get you in top 5 in your position, what else could?

Hard to take anyone serious if they don't have Votto on their list.

The guy is a beast. .459 OBP last season, 1.000 OPS and 174 OPS+ 29 HR's 11 SB's

If those numbers alone don't get you in top 5 in your position, what else could?

It's certainly not as crazy as having Mesoraco as a top 5 catcher. Votto should be in everyone's top 5, but if we aren't focusing solely on offensive production, there may be some guys who keep Votto off of their list.

Mesoraco had a great 2014, hes 27 years old.

Yes, we know that. You also realize that 2014 wasn't last year right? His season in 2014 means nothing when asking who the top 5 catchers in baseball are. It's was almost laughable to have him in the top 5, but the reasoning behind it may be even worse. Come on man.

Back