Top 5 2nd baseman?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
you don't think he is on the decline?

Doesn't steal bases anymore, avg 130 games a season last 4 years. Hasn't had an OPS over .797 in 4 years.

Let's slow our roll on Odor. Guy has had 1 productive half in his career. Right now I would go Altuve, Gordon, Kipnis, Cano, Zobrist.

No love for Brian Dozier? Production's gone up every season, although the same can't be said for his BA.

I considered him and zobrist and wouldn't mind either instead of Kinsler. The other 4 I listed are no doubters imo.

you don't think he is on the decline?

Doesn't steal bases anymore, avg 130 games a season last 4 years. Hasn't had an OPS over .797 in 4 years.
He was never much of a base stealer and he's been injured the last two years. At 32 yeah, I'd say he's started declining but he's still as good defensively as anybody and he's always hit when healthy. He should get more days off than in the past now with Brock Holt's left handed bat unlikely to get much outfield playing time.

Let's slow our roll on Odor. Guy has had 1 productive half in his career. Right now I would go Altuve, Gordon, Kipnis, Cano, Zobrist.

theres always one or two surprises that happen. Always like to put a wild card in my lists.

theres always one or two surprises that happen. Always like to put a wild card in my lists.
I won't be surprised in the least if he has a great year, just saying I think its premature to put him in the top 5.

If the question is who are the top 5 players at a certain position, I'm not sure "wild cards" really have a place. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of trying to identify the top 5?

If the question is who are the top 5 players at a certain position, I'm not sure "wild cards" really have a place. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of trying to identify the top 5?
You would think

Back