Top 30 Defensive Line units...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
This is going to be the fifth in a series of 11 units where I project my Top-30 units at each position going into the start of fall camp.

Remember, this is not just the best player, but the best units.

Here's my Top 30 at D-Line.. Coming fast and furious now that I'm caught up with everything and am done with all lists.

1. Oklahoma
2. California
3. Texas
4. Iowa
5. Florida
6. Miami (Florida)
7. Nebraska
8. Southern California
9. Arizona State
10. Florida State
11. Ohio State
12. Wisconsin
13. Tennessee
14. Clemson
15. Georgia
16. Washington State
17. Missouri
18. Notre Dame
19. Michigan
20. Georgia Tech
21. West Virginia
22. Texas Christian
23. Boise State
24. Auburn
25. Virginia Tech
26. UTEP
27. Utah
28. Penn State
29. Louisiana State
30. Boston College

Thoughts, comments, etc., all welcome and appreciated...

:shake:

Texas 3rd? Actually not disappointed considering you have Cal and OU ahead of us.

Think we should be first but those are also 2 good units.

I have a feeling you won't be the only one a little disappointed hoss, lol...

Seriously considered Cal for No. 1. Closest 1-2 difference in any of these ratings.

CollegeKingRex said:
I have a feeling you won't be the only one a little disappointed hoss, lol...

Seriously considered Cal for No. 1. Closest 1-2 difference in any of these ratings.

rofl.gif

UGA has the best end in the country.. not sure about the rest of the team but im pretty sure you should have them higher.
Let me give you a list of first round draft picks from uga
Sullivan
Grant
Seymore (All Pro)
Pollack
Stroud ( All Pro)
Plus theres a ton of other guys in the nfl in the past 3 years who were on those lines, Mallard, Gathers, the list goes on.. UGA is always top 5 with DL

By the way, Rexy, I agree with you!
grins.gif

Oklahoma is not only starting an awesome front line, but they will be rotating as many as 3 deep at every position. This is a unit that will remain fresh through the entire game.
beer.gif

Rex,

Take a look at Maryland. They return a nice group that really is getting overlooked.....ask TIMH

Yes they do, Conrad Bolston had a fine year in 05 and led the team in sacks. Word out of spring is that Navarre is really ready to have a fine season at DE, and Covington on the other side is a nice player. I expect them to have a much better year.

I've got Maryland about 3-4 spots outside of the Top 30, with Arkansas, Texas A&M and Fresno State all equal to or slightly in front of them. A solid group, nonetheless...

Georgia ranks no BETTER than fourth, a clear notch below the top-three, in their league. I actually think 15th is a tad generous after looking it over again a little...Backers to come later...

Take another look at TCUs DL. They had some of the highest sack numbers in the country last season and everyone that had one comes back. Their DEs are some of the very best in the country.

Back