Tomlin

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
I am not making this thread because the Steelers won. They most likely did not deserve to win .... but I got to thinking today ....

Is Tomlin the second best coach in the NFL right now?

Belichick obviously number 1. For number 2, Tomlin very well could be. Love him or hate him though, Cheaty Petey isn't too bad.

Tomlin more lucky than good, imo.

Dude gets some unreal breaks on a consistent basis.

Look at last night, a fumble and two 15 yarder penalties = win.

Defines 'luckbox'.

He must have a horseshoe attached to a leprechaun wedged in his ass.

In terms of coaching would take Arians and Harbaugh (John) ahead of Tomlin, he's a great players coach though.

1 and 2 are Beliache and Cheaty Petey.

Tomlin is my favorite coach in the league. I love his aggressiveness and feel for game situations. He takes risks and from the looks of its he's a great players coach.

Tomlin more lucky than good, imo.

Dude gets some unreal breaks on a consistent basis.

Look at last night, a fumble and two 15 yarder penalties = win.

Defines 'luckbox'.

He must have a horseshoe attached to a leprechaun wedged in his ass.

In terms of coaching would take Arians and Harbaugh (John) ahead of Tomlin, he's a great players coach though.

1 and 2 are Beliache and Cheaty Petey.

I am starting to think the Steelers are like the Bulls or like an NBA team that gets calls

Ive never before but it is kinda glaring at me now

Having Porter illegally go on to the field and bait that 15 yarder out of PacMan was sheer brilliance!

A couple other things.

Marv Lewis seems like a nice guy. Cinci has a history of taking these guys in....for better or worse. I believe in 2nd chances, but it burned him here. I bet Cinci fans this AM are saying, "Well what the fuck? The hit on Gio got nothing!!!"....and I would agree. It seems Steez gets these calls, like Lebron gets a call or Jordan.

All that said Joey Porter is dirty in coaching as he was playing.....hey, smart I guess but how in the fuck that didnt negate the call I will never know.....All this shit really just let my boy Jeremy Hill off the hook. He has got to be better than that.

And all that to say this. I LOVE how dirty that game was. It is more fun when teams hate each other and the refs have to be at the 50 yd line pre game......more drama. Old school. I bet clown liked that game....rainy and nasty.

Also props to AJ the Sex Cannon........that was a nice game by him. I didnt think he had it in him.

Loved that game. Still can't believe Cincy choked that game away. But fuck Pacman Jones. This is the same guy who started the meelee that got the guy paralyzed in Vegas. The same guy who punches women in the face. The same guy who slammed Amari Cooper's head into his helmet. Not to mention all the other bullshit this guy has done. He's a fucking thug. And if Marvin wants to continually back him without ever disciplining him, then he needs to go too and deserves any criticism from whatever Pacman does.

Ya that was a great game to watch. Born in Ohio, most of my extended family cheer for the Bengals and so do I on a very small scale. I hate the Steelers being a Raiders fan.

The personal foul on the late hit I actually have little problem with. It was really late, and really violent imo and I am against those type of calls in general. The second penalty is one where the ref needs to hold his whistle imo. Te refs are partly to blame for the event happening to begin with. Control the field. Also, given how volatile things were I thought Lewis should have huddled his defense and explained they need to have an outside-In defense on the next down as it will be difficult for the steelers to advance far in the field of play and get a play off after the personal foul. That would have been a fairly difficult kick in the weather conditions if the Steelers do no advance another yard. Crazy game ... but the sport is so much funner to watch (as twinks mentions) when the game has tough defense, intensity, animosity, and a care about whether you win or lose the game (some regular season games I don't sense that at all).

Remember the Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl? All the key holding penalties? Remember the illegal immaculate reception? This team, for whatever reason, has always gotten big calls in big games. Maybe just short term luck or maybe they are beloved by the league.

Only coach in NFL history to lose to both Tebow and Terrelle Pryor. Definitely more lucky than good.

5Hoa1xx.gif

I am starting to think the Steelers are like the Bulls or like an NBA team that gets calls

Ive never before but it is kinda glaring at me now

I bet someone at the bar I was at a beer that the steelers would get a bogus 15 yard call to go their way on that drive. The first was legit. The second not so much.

Not a hater at all. I like the steelers but even you have to see the love they get from the refs. It's business

Only coach in NFL history to lose to both Tebow and Terrelle Pryor. Definitely more lucky than good.

Greatest coach in nfl history is the only coach to defeat tebow in a playoff game. Can hardly blame Tomlin for that

Real genius going for 2 up 15.

Tomlin as a good/great coach has been a narrative for a long time. I think he consistently has made very poor in-game decisions for years.

He is a top 10 coach for the sole reason that there are not very many good coaches.

Give a lot of coaches the talent and front office stability he has had and they would look really good.

My $.02 and am open to disagreement

His leader is likely a sexual predator.... got to give him some credit for keeping the team together.

Greatest coach in nfl history is the only coach to defeat tebow in a playoff game. Can hardly blame Tomlin for that

How about if I add Ryan Mallet (4 career wins), Mike Glennon (5 career wins), Brandon Weeden (6), and Jake Locker (9)?

Back