TOM BRADY out for the SEASON!!

• Thread starter Thread starter ddk997
  • Start date Start date
D

ddk997

Sources: Brady out for '08

Pats QB Tom Brady will be sidelined with ligament damage in his left knee.

Sources: Brady done with severe knee injury

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the 2008 season with what two sources described as a severe injury to his left knee, suffered in the first quarter of the Pats’ 17-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs at Gillette Stadium Sunday.
While New England coach Bill Belichick said in his postgame press conference that he had no update on the status of Brady’s injury, a source close to the quarterback indicated it involved serious damage to the knee. That could include a torn anterior cruciate ligament and perhaps other ligament and cartilage damage.
“It’s bad,” a team source said. “We’re going to have to play without him.”
Brady was hurt as he stepped up in the pocket to make a throw to wideout Randy Moss. Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard, who was on the ground, lunged forward and struck Brady’s leg, which buckled as he released the ball.
Brady was helped off the field and was later led down a staircase by team officials, presumably to undergo tests.
Fourth-year quarterback Matt Cassel, who had thrown just 39 passes in his career before Sunday, replaced Brady and completed 13 of 18 passes for 152 yards and a touchdown. Cassel, who backed up Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at USC, hasn’t been a starting quarterback since high school. He won a competition with Matt Gutierrez during the preseason to retain the job as Brady’s primary backup.

I think Cassell can still play at a high level, hes not Brady, but he will be serviable with those receivers.

all their primetime games just got a whole lot more interesting

home to Denver
at San Diego
at Indy
home to the Jets

upsets & thrashings abound

5a5f4932-f424-4a88-bf4a-641f5b793c29.jpg

That picture reminds me of when Carson Palmer took a hit like that. After knowing what that kind of injury feels like, it makes me cringe a little.

They're talking about it now on Football Night. PK echoing the fact that its a serious, season ending injury.

crazy that this was the 1st year that Tom Brady wasnt on the INjured List.

bad karma for the Pats for all the bullshit they lie about

I can finally bet on the Pats again. There will be the expected overreaction, and I hope to cash in. nawlins, NE still tops 10 wins with Cassell at the helm. Belichick has built a solid foundation that will make it possible to overcome such a huge injury.

No sympathy here. These fucks cheated the league for eight seasons and got no punishment for their crimes. They've shown no remorse. As far as I'm concerned this is just and hopefully more bad things will descend upon that organization for the next 7 years.

Hey Cheats, last year you talked a good game about 'humble pie' but of course you didn't get the real meaning of it until the Super Bowl. Consider 2008 to be the 'Humble Pie' Tour as you go 4-12 and get your asses kicked all over the field. This couldn't happen to a better bunch. I will relish every loss these assclowns get.

all their primetime games just got a whole lot more interesting

home to Denver
at San Diego
at Indy
home to the Jets

upsets & thrashings abound

I see losses to Buffalo(2),Jets(2), one loss to Miami, Indianapolis, SD, Pittsburgh, and Denver. Possible losses to Oakland, Seattle.

Back