Tokyo/Metz/Tashkent/Stuttgart

gpcyan3

Pretty much a regular
Last Week Recap: 8-4-2 +2.58u
YTD:
67-56-8 +4.65u

Hope to have another profitable week this week.

Thoughts on this week's matches to follow the next couple days. Not much I like for 9/1 but maybe a couple plays for 9/2.

10/2: Tokyo

First play up for today is on

A.Morigami -3.5 over A.Molik -105 (2.1u to win 2u)

Akiko took care of Alicia about a month ago on HC in the finals of Forest Hills 6-4, 6-2 at almost the same odds. I think we will have a much tighter match this time around but that doesn't change the fact Morigami has been playing some great tennis the last few tournies.

Couple more matches to follow most likely.

Two more for early today:

Parlay of Lee/Razzano/Kremer (1.5u to win 1.86u)

Lee should squeak by. Razzano will win with somewhat ease and Kremer should win in a tough 2 setter. One of these might fall, but odds are decent enough to try them in a small parlay for +odds.

Tomoko Yonemura over Abigail Spears +275 (1u to win 2.75u)

Try to cash a dog here in the less-known hometown Jap who seems to be a real fighter. Should be a 3 setter or a very tight 2. Odds are worth a play IMO.

Last plays for today:

Decent value in

Stefan Koubek over Giles Simon +155 (1u to win 1.55u)

Koubek in shape and Simon throttling down the last couple months. Again, going with another value in the dog here.

Also gonna jump on the bandwagon for

Takao Suzuki over BB +125 (1u to win 1.25u)

Seems like the entire educated tennis world is on this one, and it's a public play no doubt, but I can't help myself. Looks too good to be true. Worst placement ever is 2nd round here. Great record for home soil. BB off a finals in Bangkok... Enough for me to try this one.

Last edited:
Tough loss on Morigami, seems you are right Songo. Alicia may be picking up her game a little now, but I believe it was more of a Akiko meltdown than a dominating performance by Molik. Should have stuck to my gut witho Suzuki. Was just too big of a public play. Koubek cashed in and the parlay went off w/o a hitch. Hindsight should have played a single on Kremer as well. Young Jap played a great match 1st set breaking Spears something like 3 times and many BP chances, but just couldn't help out by keeping her serve and fell apart in the 2nd. Overall lost about a unit but not concerned as I still feel confident in this on.

Haven't broken down the card yet but I did lock in 1 play right when the line was released.

Ivo Karlovic over Benjamin Becker -140 (2.8u to win 2u)

Seems the line has moved a little bit in my favor since released. If this doesn't cash I'll be fading BB again next round. I feel he does not make it far this tourney and Ivo is a good matchup for BB to fall to.

Also grabbed a single on

F.Lopez over R.Kendrik -250 (2.5u to win 1u)

Just a talent difference here and Lopez is having a good season with a great showing at the USOpen.

Will be playing a double later in the night when I look up some more stuff in WTA.

OK adding a double with Molik and Lopez.

Parlay Molik/Lopez (1.1u to win 1.15u)

Molik is playing Wozniak who barely made it past Fedo (the hometown French women) who played a very tough match. If Molik can dismantle Morigami in straight sets then she shouldn't have too many problems taking out Wozniak.

..great call on Stefan there..i was thinkin' about fading BB large myself..but if only Ivo was lil' more talented player if u know what i mean..but we agree on fadeing BB on this event..but in order not to push it I whil skip it tonight..i hope u nail him 2nigt 4 both of us..BOL

Nothing really sparking my interest today. Will post later if anything looks like good value.

Found one play that interests me. I'll be playing

Dudi Sela -3 over Boris Pashanski -107 (1.07u to win 1u)

Line is currently at -107 but I believe it might be moving in my favor so I will wait to post the line I get right before the match. I'll be playing this for 1u. Sela is a talented player and Pashanski has to be tired after two 3 setters. Only match these 2 played on HC Sela won in a 3 setter.

Going ahead and playing 1 WTA match today. I was going to play the +6.5GL on Safina when it was released at -102 but now it's blown up to -130!!! and I'm not interested in that price much at all. Should have jumped on it earlier. Daniela is playing great tennis and I always enjoy betting against Dem matches because she gives away so many freebies on her serve. h2h is a little worrisome, but I believe Hantuchova is worth a try here. I think it will be a great 3 setter. GL.

Daniela Hantuchova over Elena Dementieva +110 (1u to win 1.1u)

...btw, Sela was totally dominating that match but Pashanki retired in the 2nd set down 2-6, 0-4. I guess he was too tired to finish the last 2 games after the previous 3 setter... =(

tough luck on Daniela, was a bad play to make as Dem has been serving well and if that is happening she is a monster on HC.

I just placed 1 future for AIG Japan Open Tennis Championships

David Ferrer to win +400 (1u to win 4u)

I believe there is good value here as I see Ferrer beating his fellow countrymen Lopez tonight and then facing either an out of shape Hewitt or Karlovic. I believe odds are good that he can get through either of those and odds will be in my favor if he does make it to the finals. I think we all see a Berdych/Gasquet semis on the other side of the draw and I feel confident if Gasquet makes it through then Ferrer will have no problems beating him. Bredych is another story...but again odds should be in my favor if this happens.

Thanks Songo. I think I will. I'm up around 3 units so far and should be able to make a couple small plays to push that to 5u by the end of the week hopefully.

I'm adding 2 plays in here. First is a parlay with Govortsova, Golovin, and Berdman. For Govortsova... I believe has some great talent and should be rising in the ranks the next couple years. She seems to be in shape and has a decent chance of taking this tourney if she continues in her current form. Golovin looked just fine yesterday and she was definitely very fit. Didn't look tired at all during her match against a horrible looking Chakvetdaze. The extra day's rest will be good for her and I don't see a real threat in Bond.

Berdman has a ton of talent and truthfully I see him breezing his way to the finals.

Also gonna take a shot on Sela over Gasquet. I've always thought Gasquet is a nutcase and if Sela plays well, he might just pull off a miracle win.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Tomas Berdych over [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Fernando Verdasco -270 (2.7u to win 1u)

Parlay Berdych/
[/FONT]Govortsova/Golovin (1u to win 1.12u)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Dudi Sela over Richard Gasquet +800 (.5u to win 4u)

That's it. Let's cash these tickets!
[/FONT]

Back