Today...

Smokedawg

Eagles Fan
...is the day the WFC begin their title defense!

Pitchers and catchers reported!!!!!

2988052144_32117b5b61.jpg

I actually like that the Phillies won, it's kind of goofy in a way--and good for Philly which I like.

That all said, Joe concurs with Fondy.

Brett Myers lost more weight during the offseason than Ryan Howard did -- 30 pounds to Howard's 20. But Myers, whose three-year, $25.75 million contract expires after the 2009 season, says the slim-down to 222 pounds wasn't about getting fit for free agency, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

"Winning the World Series was great, but personally I had a bad taste in my mouth this winter because of how badly I pitched in the first half of the season," Myers said, according to the newspaper. "I wanted to feel like I was in better shape and show my dedication to this team so I can go out and pitch better. I need to start stronger. I lost nine games in the first half. It would have made a big difference if I had pitched better."

Myers went 7-4 with a 3.06 ERA in his final 13 starts to help the Phillies win the National League East -- and eventually, the World Series. He says he's not worried about a contract extension, according to the report.

"I'd like to stay in Philadelphia, but ultimately it's going to come down to how I pitch," he said, according to the Inquirer. "If I end up staying here, that will be good for me and my family, because the organization has been great to me and we like living there."

Completely understandable reaction from a Brewers fan...id be yawning too...

Stop it, Smoke, you and I both know that there are no Brewers fans. There are only fans of the Sausage Race that have to suffer through Brewers' baseball to watch it.

Personally, I admire their dedication.

i just feel kinda bad for em because of what happened last year had to be exciting and then they let the whole pitching staff leave....id be pissed

Sadly, I don't really believe in baseball so very little surprises me. I mostly feel bad for folks up there because their options are the Brewers or the Bucks. That's gotta suck.

Yeah, it must suck to be a Tigers fan too...when does the sell-off start? Do they make it to June??

:tiphat:

Just glad the city of Philadelphia finally got a championship....

8-1 for the professional franchises in our favor still since last Philly 'ship before last October.:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Back