Today Is Wednesday, And Will Webb's Streak Continue?

Sparky1019

Pretty much a regular
167-161-4 -$13391 1st Half
36-39 +$15200 2nd Half
201-200-4 +$1809 YTD

After watching the Yankees game, I could care less what happens. So here are my plays, of course with writeups, and I'll see you on Thursday. So... Anyway, on to today.

Dodgers +140
Risking $500 to win $700
Lowe, underdogged to Durbin? Get the hell out of here. No way that will happen. This is a hitters ballpark, and Lowe is a groundball pitcher. I don't see him being affected to much. Especially if he is on the ball with his sinker, he will be unhittable. He is 1-2 in his last 3 starts, going 18 innings, giving up 16 hits, has a WHIP of 0.94 and an ERA of 3.50. He's been off and on as a reliever and starter this season, and the Dodgers have been hitting a lot better then they were a week or so ago. Their not hitting wonderfully, but better. The Phillies bullpen has been horrible lately. In their last 16 innings pitched, they have a WHIP of 2.56 and an ERA of 10.12. Not all that great on the Dodgers side. In their last 34.1 innings, they have a WHIP of 1.28 and an ERA of 4.98. And Durbin is the kind of pitcher to go only 6 innings at most. So we'll be seeing at least3 innings of the Phillies bullpen if not more. Thats good enough for me.

Royals -105
Risking $1050 to win $1000
I know I was wrong yesterday, but I don't know if I can be wrong here. Contreras is turning into the Weaver of old. He is not a good starter. He pitched well in his relief apperences where he did not give up a run in 7 innings. But when he started again the next outing against the Mariners, he went 7 innings, giving up 9 hits, and 5 runs, 4 earned. He just is not a great, or even a good starter. He hasn't gotten a win as a starter since June 18th against the Marlins. Where even then he gave up 5 runs and 8 hits. That was the last time the Chi.Sox won with him starting. 9 starts ago. And in his last 3 starts he is 0-3, going 14.1 innings, giving up 29 hits, has a WHIP of 2.30 and an ERA of 12.56. Now as for Bannister, he has been the best pitcher for the Royals of late. He is 2-1 in his last 3 starts, going 20.2 innings, giving up 17 hits, has a WHIP of 1.06 and an ERA of 2.61. Bannister has faced off against the Chi.Sox twice this season. The first game was his first start of the season after coming off the DL, so I wont have him accountable for that. But in the next outing, he went 6.1 innings, giving up 4 hits, and 1 run. He faced off against Contreras in this start who went 6.1 innings, giving up 9 hits and 6 runs. The game ended as a 8-1 win in favor of the Royals. I just don't see how Contreras can win here, or even have a decent outing. And the Chi.Sox tend to leave him in there if he has given up many runs early because they don't want to ware out their bullpen. Need I say more?

Brewers +195
Risking $500 to win $975
Well, crazy play here but Webb's scoreless streak is up. 5 straight games without giving up a run, but now he is being talked about for beating the record. Now I think this will be just like Bonds going for Aarons record, and A-Rod going for 500. Its just another record that may slow you down. You may be thinking passed one batter and looking towards another, and you can't do that with this Brewers lineup who if you make a mistake, then can make you pay. Also, Webb has pitched 27 innings in his last 3 starts with no extra inning games in that span. So that could really tired you out. He threw 108, 111, 102, 119, and 102 in his last 5 starts. Now I think that can place a toll on him. Arizona is kind of a hitters ballpark. This Brewers lineup has pop in it with Fielder, Hardy, and Braun. Now I have a really good feeling about this play. The Brewers need to win, and Webb may get beat up a bit here.

BOL All. Have A Great Day.
Peace_5.gif

Sparky. I'm a Journalism major and because you are one of my favorite posters here I'm going to help you out. The correct phrase is 'couldn't care less'. 'could care less' implies that you indeed care to a certain degree, 'couldn't care less' means you are at your lowest point of caring.

I'm on the Royals. Bannister is a stud and against Contreras??All day long.

The Phillies bullpen numbers are very misleading. They had a rough go of it in Pittsburgh but have been excellent over the last month. However I can't really disagree with taking Lowe over Durbin at CBP although I'm staying away entirely from that game.

The Brewers definitely have some value going for them at those odds.

Last edited:
PRECISE Thanks. :shake:

MusicCity Well, that is true, I do care a pretty big amount on how my plays turn out. It was just the mood I was in at the time. I'm over it not. :D :shake:

Santa Thanks bro. :shake: But no mistake on the play.

gambaholic I was watching the Mets game, and heard that Hamels was out for the game. And when I checked my lines later on that night, they still have Hamels pitching. So I checked off that Lowe will start, and didn't check the starter for the Phillies. So as long as Lowe starts, my play is secure. :shake:

what you people don't understand is that proper Tennessee pronunciation for 'journalist' is

her-nole-ist

and of course such a usage requires 'an' instead of 'a'.

:shake:

I haved da most educationized thread n dis forum.

Adding...

Rangers/Orioles Over 10 (Game 2) -110
Risking $330 to win $300
Short bullpens, bad starting pitchers, hot hitting. Why not?

GL Sparky. Im cheering for the Brewers but Ill probally lay off of it tonight just to watch. Great value though with that much talent on offense

Back