Today Is Tuesday, And Blah Blah Blah...

Sparky1019

Pretty much a regular
38-33-1 -$899

2-1 Yesterday. Not a great title today. Nothing really to say. But I do know that this card is the best card I have seen in a long while. I will tell you that right now. With that said. So... Anyway, on to today.

Braves/Marlins Over 10 -120
Risking $240 to win $200
How can you say no to a play like this? Both teams are pounding the ball lately. And they don't look like cooling down anytime soon. The Braves got 7 runs yesterday without Kelly Johnson, and Brian McCann in the lineup, which is really saying somthing. We all know how Redman has been this season. He has pitched a little better then Jeff Weaver. lol. He is 0-3, pitching 15.2 innings, giving up 22 hits, a 1.72 WHIP, and an ERA of 8.62. When I first saw Vanden Hurk pitch, against the Brewers, I thought he was impressive. But then I realized, that the Brewers had a bad hitting night. The Mets just absolutley powered him, which you would expect, and now the Braves will try to match their rivals and pound even more on this kid. He is 0-1, his team being 0-2, pitching 8.2 innings, giving up 12 hits, a 1.92 WHIP, and an ERA of 9.35. Also...Florida hits better against Lefties then righties so far this season, which is even better for this matchup. And one more thing. When the Fish played the Braves earlier this season, and Redman was on the mound, they crushed him in 2.2 innings. They got 6 hits, and 7 runs. Enough Said.

Tigers -104
Risking $208 to win $200
Bonderman v a pitcher coming off a little injury. Not a bad decision. The Tigers, I'll admit, aren't that hot right now, but should be able to handle the Halos and Escobar. Bonderman has not had an official win/loss this season, but his team is 1-2. He pitched 22 innings, gave up 16 hits, a 0.77 WHIP, and an ERA of 1.64. While Escobar is 1-1, pitched 11.1 innings, gave up 11 hits, a 1.50 WHIP, and an ERA of 3.18. Not great stats by both pitchers, but I do not have the heart to take the under. Good spot here for Bonderman to get his first decision of the season. And that decision being a WIN.

Cubs -155
Risking $155 to win $150
Not to much on this one. I'm just going to ride this "Hill Trend" until it dies. He is pitching like a CY Youn winner right now. He is unhitable. 22 innings, 8 hits, and a WHIP and ERA both less then 1. And the Cubs have been supporting him with runs. Not that much of an explaination here.

Yankees -135
Risking $135 to win $100
Not much on this one either. But I'm liking it because, Matsui will be back in his groove after warming up yesterday, Damon will be back to his leadoff spot, so that means no Melky and his bad hitting. And now Wang will be back on the mound. This is 1 pitcher that I don't see fading when he comes back. I just have this feeling he will be just like he was when he left. Maybe it is just my inner fan talking, but we'll find out tonight.

Twins ML -220
Risking $440 to win $200
I know this price is rediculous, but this is Johan Santana at HOME v Carmona. Enough Said.

Chi.Sox -150
Risking $450 to win $300
Now I'll be fading a pitcher making his first start of the season. I never really lkes Brian Bannister's stuff when he was with the Mets, and expect him to be just as bad with a worse lineup behind him. The Chi.Sox are a powerful team. They have been hitting very well lately, and got to the Royals bullpen easily last night. This should be a real easy win if Vazquez can keep up the great work. As he is 2-0, while his team has won all 3 starts, pitched 18 innings, gave up 13 hits, a 1.17 WHIP, and an ERA of 2.50. Expect the Chi.Sox to knock out Bannister early, and crush their bullpen as well.

Padres +142
Risking $200 to win $284
Explain to me how Randy Johnson, a guy who got beat up early and offten while in New York, is a heavy favorite to a hard hitting team like the Padres who has the best bullpen in the MLB, after coming off an injury? Now I know Wells hasn't been good this season, but should be good for 5-6 innings giving up 3-4 runs. I'm not saying he'll be good what-so-ever, but I expect the Pads to put up a 7 spot today on the D-Backs in Johnson's return to the team. I know it will be an emotional return, but it was an emotional return for Andy Pettite to New York, but that didn't get him the win now did it? Pads should not be this big of an underdog ever this whole season. End Of Story.

BOL All. Have A Great Day.
Peace_5.gif

You cannot

CANNOT

CANNOT!

Bet on Wang in his first start back against Kazmir and a Tampa team that is hitting the fuck out of the ball

C'mon now, take the Yanks blinders off and hedge off that shit

Oh, I LOVE the Padres tomorrow...great value...although Johnson has pitched well in the minors

Sparky,

Good looking card, A few thoughts
Agree with the Atl/Fla O, NYY, Chi Sox, Minn. & SD
Agree with Tigers - They have still been scoring runs even though they got 4 guys under the M<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:State w:st=
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = " /><st1:City w:st="on">endoza</st1:City> line. Their bullpen has been shaking in spots but Bonderman should go deep to limit exposure.

<O:p</O:p
Hill has pitched great, but just seems like the Cubs are finding ways to lose games right now. If the game is tied or the Cubs are only up 1 or 2 when he leaves in the 7<SUP>th</SUP> or 8<SUP>th</SUP>, who knows what will happen.
Might try to parley <ST1:pM<st1:State w:st="on">inn. w</st1:State>ith someone
I think the Padres are great value. Johnson has been overvalued the last couple of years IMO.

Good luck, hope you sweep the board!:shake:

Captain,

Kazmir has not been unhittable this year, IMO. Do you know why did he only pitch 4 last time out?
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=613 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>DATE</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>GAME</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>W</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>L</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>ERA</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>G</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>GS</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>CG</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>SHO</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>SV</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>SVO</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>IP</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>H</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>R</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>ER</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>HR</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>BB</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>SO</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>NP-S</TD><TD rowSpan=99>
trans.gif
</TD><TD class="text primary" noWrap align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>GO-AO</TD></TR><TR><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>APR 02</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>@NYY</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>9.00</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>5.0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>6</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>5</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>5</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>4</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>5</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>107-63</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>5-5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>APR 08</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>TOR</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>6.75</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>7.0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>6</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>4</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>4</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>2</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>2</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>10</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>111-80</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>3-8</TD></TR><TR><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>APR 13</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>@MIN</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>4.95</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>8.0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>6</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>2</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>2</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>6</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>113-76</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>7-11</TD></TR><TR><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>APR 18</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>BAL</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>5.25</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>4.0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>6</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>3</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>3</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>4</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>3</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>102-60</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>4-3</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#999999><TD colSpan=39>
trans.gif
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD class="text primary" colSpan=4>
trans.gif
March/April Total:
trans.gif
</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>5.25</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>4</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>4</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>24.0</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>24</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>14</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>14</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>4</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>10</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>24</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>433-279</TD><TD class=textSm noWrap align=middle>19-27</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i didn't even look at that Padres game. He pitched quite well against the Snakes in his last outing before handing it over to the Pen and Mike THompson did his thing. I don't think that will happen again. The Unit is a shell of his former self, I don't care how well he was pitching in the minors, just ask Matt Chico how that is working out for him.

Now I am not comparing Chico to Johnson by any stretch, just saying that the minors are a different animal than the bigs. I am in complete agreement that he is overvalued in his first start back. While it may be emotional of sorts, it will be shaky.

But I do like Randy, and I wish him well on his return to Arizona. But I hope he does awesome in his about 6 days. This will be my second play. THanks

Yankees Over, Tigers, Padres:cheers:

and in regards to the Braves/Marling Over,

I agree with the play but at the same time I wouldn't put it all on Redman. His last outing was quit good, 7.1 innings, 7 hits, 3 ERA, 2 BB, 6 Ks against the Cubs. He has the potential to be a better pitcher as the season progresses. That being said I still think the over is the play but I wouldn't be surprised if the Braves win this game.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Like the card Sparky! Good luck On these bro!
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Kazmir has not been unhittable this year, IMO. Do you know why did he only pitch 4 last time out?

Chea, I know...I follow the D-Rays. But c'mon we know good pitchers don't stay chitty for long...Kazmir's due for a nice start (well, he did have one vs a guy I call JOHAN SANTANA)

Wang aint gonna do shit tomorrow...beeeelieve that, 6 ER...maybe 1 or 2 K's

Thanks everyone. :shake:

I'll be back to respond to everyone in a few hours. Heading out for a bit, just want to post 1 more.

Adding...

Mariners/Rangers Under 10.5 -105
Risking $210 to win $200
Basically, it's a day game after a night game with 10.5 over. Not gonna happen in any ballpark.

Captain I can't hedge the Yanks. They have to win sometime now. lol. And as for that game you were gonna tail, it got postponed but you know that by now. That pisses me off. :hairout: :shake:

stltk I agree with Hill and the Cubs. But 3 runs should be able to do it. Just like against the Braves. He's good for a nice 7-8 innings, and will have a big enough lead for the win. And Kazmir isn't as good as last year, IMO, but he is a great pitcher. Like when he outpitched Santana in a great pitchers duel. That was impressive. :shake:

slim Yea... that was brought to my attention as well. He was actually dueling with Webb. I couldn't believe it. So its the battle of the geezers tonight, and the "healther" one will win this matchup. :cheers: :shake:

scourge The Cubs don't have the greatest bats. They are very unpredictable. Which is the only reason why Redman pitched well. But now your playing a whole new ball club, who can power runs like crazy. I think that this could be a 9-7 final. Have no idea who will win though. :shake:

Terp Thanks bro. :shake: :cheers:

Back