To All you F7$9ers saying that the Spurs are boring...

IvyinBarondise

Pretty much a regular
Give me a break. They USED to be boring. When they won with defense. They would lock teams down and bowen took teams stars out of the series. They won with no flashy content and their coach was quiet.

Now Ginobli goes 1/7 from 3PT range and is the only reason they're going to the finals instead of game 7. Leonard converts steals into fast break dunks. Green pulls up and crushes threes from anywhere on the floor. Bench players like Mills and Joseph have the ability to explode offensively. Their coach is hilarious in press conferences and makes lesser reporters cry (NOT boring). Their anchor is 2 double doubles from breaking the all-time playoff double double record. Parker is amazing when he's healthy and really fun to watch him run an offense. The push the ball on offense and score a lot of points.

How is any of this boring?

I don't think anyone is saying they are boring....
some perhaps just don't like them but that doesn't mean they are boring.

huh?
again I think you are over reacting between someone who says they are so boring.
to those who just don't want them in the finals...

I think that Spurs are anything but boring. Best team in the league in moving the ball and it's always fun to watch, at least for me.

The most annoying team to watch was Cleveland with LeBron. Zero imagination on offense, that just makes you to turn off the television...

seriously why is this a thread?

who said they were boring

aren't they universally praised for their ball movement and offensive schemes?

I said the players were boring, so he is probably referring to me. Pops press antics do seem contrived and an act to me. They aren't exactly nBa's dream from a marketing standpoint. Parker, ginolbi, Leonard and especially Duncan are boring to me

I did say the team plays good basketball.

tim-duncan-boring.jpg

They play great team basketball and Pop's act played itself out about 6 years ago, isn't remotely cute anymore. Everyone knows he's a great coach but ffs act like a professional when getting interviewed, it's not funny.

Funny thing is Cudder that this thread will get more attention than the NBA finals

They play great team basketball and Pop's act played itself out about 6 years ago, isn't remotely cute anymore. Everyone knows he's a great coach but ffs act like a professional when getting interviewed, it's not funny.

Yeah, he just seems like a dick now...watching Aldridge try to do a quick between quarters interview after the 1q last night I couldn't stop myself from thinking, "what a prick".

Of course Pop has become a bit of a caricature of himself but a couple notes worth point out. Some of these questions the reporters ask deserve that type of response especially when he's in the middle of the game, and 2) By alot of accounts Pop is a really great guy. I remember when Sager's son interviewed him earlier in the playoffs, Sag's son said Pop gave him a hand written note to give to him. Worth pointing out imo

He should know what lame ass question is coming and answer it like every other coach does. First couple times was funny but not so much anymore. And I'm pretty sure I like Pop as a human being, but quit with the tough guy BS.

And I'm still trying to figure out who this thread was directed at, can't think of one CTGer who's claimed the Spurs are boring. Now the NBA as a product in general? That's another story.

Pops is very much the opposite of his on-court persona, one of the friendliest most humble guys you'll ever meet. Media beg for those types of in-game interviews, it's almost an NBA running gag aka WWE sub-plot.

Dude turns washed-up NBA outcasts into legitimate ballers, that says a lot.

And fuck-all people said the Spurs are boring, get a girlfriend Ivy.

He should know what lame ass question is coming and answer it like every other coach does. First couple times was funny but not so much anymore. And I'm pretty sure I like Pop as a human being, but quit with the tough guy BS.

And I'm still trying to figure out who this thread was directed at, can't think of one CTGer who's claimed the Spurs are boring. Now the NBA as a product in general? That's another story.
Post #12

Yeah, it was braves in the other Spurs "make it out of the West" thread last night.

braves = everybody

U guys fell for the trolling. Ivy can buy a few sharpies now for his whiteboard.

Yeah, it was braves in the other Spurs "make it out of the West" thread last night.

braves = everybody

It had nothing to do with CTG...
Read Twitter for the last 48 hours....

Maybe one or two of you guys have called them that this season, maybe a few more in seasons past...
But between TV and social media, the Spurs get called boring in every way imaginable.
I made the thread to point out that good basketball shouldn't be considered boring. And even if it were, they're an exciting team.

Oh and as to the afterthought in LA comment, the day Kobe retires...which is obviously soon...lets gamble on the math, the deltas between google searches and nationally televised market share for the two franchises.

I don't know how you guys are refuting the fact that the Spurs have been called boring by just about everyone in basketball at one time or another and it hasn't ever stopped.

This thread belongs on a Spurs fan board. I think this statement sums up why this thread has no purpose here:

"Bench players like Mills and Joseph have the ability to explode offensively." Really?

Mods - can we get this thread moved out of the NBA forum? Thanks.

Side note: One positive: The thread prompted Killa to come out of his straw hut! What's up man? Hope all is well, I for one missed your NBA insight this season.

Don't be a stranger.

It had nothing to do with CTG...
Read Twitter for the last 48 hours....

Maybe one or two of you guys have called them that this season, maybe a few more in seasons past...
But between TV and social media, the Spurs get called boring in every way imaginable.
I made the thread to point out that good basketball shouldn't be considered boring. And even if it were, they're an exciting team.

Oh and as to the afterthought in LA comment, the day Kobe retires...which is obviously soon...lets gamble on the math, the deltas between google searches and nationally televised market share for the two franchises.

Yet it still doesn't change that the Lakers have 16 Championships and Clippers 0.
You still can't seem to accept that history of a club has a massive effect on brand power take a look at a lot of sports be it NFL, NHL, MLB, Soccer, etc there are a lot of teams that have a ton of history but have not won jack in recent years but people know who they are.

Ivy won't give up on this clippers fascination. I'd argue They aren't even top 3 in the city.
They are behind the lakers, USC football and the dodgers in popularity.

braves will you stop being an idiot PLEASE...my god...

I have said and will continue to say that the Lakers popularity has no effect on the clipper's ability to turn a buck...
I said the Lakers created a Market that the Clippers are enjoying now. That is true. I said that the Clippers have massive potential in the next 5 years for marketability, that is true. You cant change someone's argument so you can counter with idiotic sentiment.

PLEASE stop PLEASE, I beg of you. PLEASE.

That's not what you argued tho ivy.

Sorry your point you argued sucked and now you are changing it to save face.

better get rid of all those laker statues in front of staples..clips will always be 2nd fiddle.

Pretty sure divol hates the spurs too

I don't have any problem with the Spurs and I will be rooting for them, without a doubt.

Their problem is that Heat are in their best form I have seen, since Bron came to Florida...

Of course Pop has become a bit of a caricature of himself but a couple notes worth point out. Some of these questions the reporters ask deserve that type of response especially when he's in the middle of the game, and 2) By alot of accounts Pop is a really great guy. I remember when Sager's son interviewed him earlier in the playoffs, Sag's son said Pop gave him a hand written note to give to him. Worth pointing out imo

heard about the letter too, classy.

also to note, Sager's son wanted to do the interview at a different point in time in the game and Pop turned him away and told him to come back when Sager Sr. normally does

That's not what you argued tho ivy.

Sorry your point you argued sucked and now you are changing it to save face.

I believe those were my exact words. Then you all, at the same time...went off on a tangent that I was asserting that the Clippers were the most loved team in L.A. and the most profitable. Neither of those were my assertions. I said LAC has more potential in the next 5 seasons. More people are going to watch them. The players are more marketable and the franchise will have more success on the court. I said all of that equated to dollars and cents. I asked one person to say why anything they were saying about the Clippers had any relevance on their ability to make money. No one had an answer. You guys just kept coming back with more ways the Lakers were a profitable franchise.

Again stop. I dont remember and dont care to look but I believe it was you who quoted their TV station and claiming your knowledge of such a public fact put me "out of my element" in this discussion. A point that absolutely no bearing on the argument I made that the investment in the LAC at that price will prove to be a strong one.

goodnight to this subject...

wanna reopen it? Lets do so for during the first LAC/LAL game next season

Back