TNT Thursday NBA Action 02/05/09

• Thread starter Thread starter ddk997
  • Start date Start date
D

ddk997

Short on time today...13-2-1 past seven, missed the NUGS by a half point...
These are the same team that went to the Finals last year, lost Bynum but are still better equipped...Key to victory =

2908495408_85f8344d83_o.jpg

2908495076_0164898d6d.jpg

2595843541_041f211ba5_o.jpg

LA Lakers +6.5 * 5 units

LA Lakers +240 * 4 units (for 10)

Right now I lean to a Laker cover but do not expect a win. Have not seen a 6.5 but am interested in the side. GL

Right now I lean to a Laker cover but do not expect a win. Have not seen a 6.5 but am interested in the side. GL

GL bro, 5dimes currently holding 6.5...but don't worry, you won't need it, pound that ML:shake:

Will say a few words about the game here. Boston covered 8 in a row against the Lakers. That streak ended this year so standard methodology is the Lakers cover at least 1 of the next 2 games. The Lakers do not play for 2 days after this game. Boston has an immediate game at NY against the Knicks at a site they lost to them by 12 at last time. Then they have 1 day off and face a rested Spurs team. Today will be their 5th game on 1 days rest and they are an older team. This game is structured very poorly for them
In their last game at Philadelphia we saw the old problem of turnovers come back as they had 20 turnovers. There is no question they are a great team but they are also a team that thrives on half court and is much less effective against up tempo play. The Lakers are like a sportscar that can go from stationary to 100 in moments. One of the few good things Jackson did this year is stress physical conditioning to Pavol and tell him to focus more on posting up which is the last thing Boston wants him to be doing. Ariza should be effective against Pierce. Ariza is almost the only bright note of Laker defense and was pretty much picked with Pierce in mind. This game will come down to will to win. No one now has that more than Kobe and Garnett. Nothing is written in stone here.

Will say a few words about the game here. Boston covered 8 in a row against the Lakers. That streak ended this year so standard methodology is the Lakers cover at least 1 of the next 2 games. The Lakers do not play for 2 days after this game. Boston has an immediate game at NY against the Knicks at a site they lost to them by 12 at last time. Then they have 1 day off and face a rested Spurs team. Today will be their 5th game on 1 days rest and they are an older team. This game is structured very poorly for them
In their last game at Philadelphia we saw the old problem of turnovers come back as they had 20 turnovers. There is no question they are a great team but they are also a team that thrives on half court and is much less effective against up tempo play. The Lakers are like a sportscar that can go from stationary to 100 in moments. One of the few good things Jackson did this year is stress physical conditioning to Pavol and tell him to focus more on posting up which is the last thing Boston wants him to be doing. Ariza should be effective against Pierce. Ariza is almost the only bright note of Laker defense and was pretty much picked with Pierce in mind. This game will come down to will to win. No one now has that more than Kobe and Garnett. Nothing is written in stone here.

:shake: always a great-write up

As expected. If Dallas is going to pick up a L, it will be here in Utah. If they win tonight, don't expect them to lose until Boston (3 games away).

I read a lot of articles about how Utah players "desperately want/need this win against Dallas" to pull themselves closer in the Western rankings, but I don't buy it a bit. Utah is struggling defensively and they can continue pounding on weaker/dysfunctional teams, but I don't expect them to be able to fireback at strong power-houses.

Dallas will continue to take this one imo.:cheers:

Last edited:
Pau Gasol OVER 10 Rebounds +115 * 6 units (for 7)

Good Luck everyone on the same page, drunkk almost at the Garrdenn

On the iphone...can already feel everyone behind the celtics pride....Lakers are going to pull this off though!

It's so tempting for the Mavs ML, I really want to put in a play on that...

WOW what a great game fellas I am sitting right now on the court and I am drunk off my ass talking on the IPHONE...Dont think nothing can bring me down after a satisfying win, great game tho for Celtics fans... Can't help myself for raking in another 22 units!!! be back tomorrow sober to total up what went down...

Unbelievable man. Spread and ML, against the tidal wave of forum consensus. This play was as brilliant as it was ballsy. Congrats, honestly, you should celebrate this one tonight because this was beautiful. I knew you'd get this one and you did. Awesome fucking job.

:cheers:

Back