TNT Thursday lines and discussion

tnt thursdays are usually the days of the dogs, the unders and fading the public until recently somehow changed, interesting what happens later

i really dont understand the lines today

bulls-cavs line
bulls were +6 in their last game against the cavs, how are the bulls that are struggling favorites by 3.5 points? i expected a bulls+2/2.5 king james by the way just dropped 50 in the garden, and he is usually a monster on national tv, so should the cavs really be dogs by 3.5 points

mavs-rockets line
two stars out, one team adjusting from a trade, how does a team that are on a 16 game win streak get 6 points on the road? interesting

not interested in pacers-spurs game

leaning cavs, will pull the trigger if someone can give a good logic and explanation about the line

cheers :cheers:

well normally home court is worth 3-3.5 pts both way so 6-7 points for a switch of venues. however, this is really not uncommon. loook it up. in the past 5-6 pt faves at home are typically 3 pt dogs on the road, so this line should've been expected. also, teams rarely win both games of a h2h. not usper rarely, but its more commonly a split. dunno the exact numbers- would be nice for someone to get that. Now thats just the line. other factors make chicago imo having a short line. 1) cleveland on a b2b off a big emotional win including as you said 50 pts from lebron. more often than not, players/teams dont take that momentum from a big W, but instead celebrate and come out flat. 2) chicago has instant revenge from a lebron 4th Q

Cleveland @ Chicago -3.5

Last meeting, Cleveland beat Boston 95-86 in Cleveland on March 2nd.

Cleveland is 7-2 ATS & SU in its last 9 games when playing Chicago

but

Home team is 11-4 ATS in the last 15 meetings.

Chicago is 10-5 ATS in its last 15 games
Chicago is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games

Chicago is 4-2 ATS & SU in its last 6 games at home

Cavaliers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games playing on 0 days rest.
Cavaliers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games.
Cavaliers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games as a road underdog.
Cavaliers are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 Thursday games.

Bulls are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games playing on 1 days rest.
Bulls are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games as a home favorite.

Big Zaalbar was out last night, and I would expect the same tonight.
Daniel Gibson is out. Sasha Pavlovic is out. Nothing unexpected there. Delonte West rejoined the team for last night's game, so unless there's any news, expect him to play as well.

Tyrus Thomas the fucking moron is suspended for this and the Bulls' next game. Thabo Sefalosha has a strained pussy.

Yesterday,

Lebron played 44 minutes
Varejao played 35 minutes
Delonte played 29 minutes
Wallace played 35 minutes
D.Brown played 23 minutes

the Bulls had the day off, and they're at home, so minutes played shouldn't come up...

I think this line is quite fair. With both teams 100% healthy, maybe it's a high, but they're not, so it isn't. SportsNut has some great things to say about this game here.

Indiana @ San Antonio -13.5

I think you've got to be out of your gourd to consider laying this chalk or fading the Spurs. Indy's been shooting well recently. Spurs have been winning. This seems to me like a prime candidate for a 2H bet hoping the Pacers are up something like 8 to 12...

Indiana is 5-14 SU in its last 19 games
Indiana is 4-14 SU in its last 18 games on the road
Indiana is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against San Antonio
Indiana is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against San Antonio

Pacers are 7-3-1 ATS in their last 11 Thursday games.
Pacers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games as a road underdog.
Pacers are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games as a road underdog of 11.0 or greater.
Pacers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 0 days rest.
Spurs are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 Thursday games.

Home team is 7-1 ATS in the last 8 meetings.
Pacers are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings in San Antonio.

San Antonio is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
San Antonio is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

These teams have split the last 10 games 5-5 ATS.

Tough games tonight. I see the smallest edge to Cavs and Spurs, but no bet for me.
What do you think will be the line in Dallas?
If Dallas will get no more than 3 points to cover, I'm on them, so what if Dirk is out?

SF and redbearde, thanks a lot, everything is a lot clearer now :cheers:

divol, i completely agree, these games are very though

gonna do more research on the games

be back later

GL GENTS :cheers:

Red, there is one thing you didn't add. In the last ten games between the teams, Pacers got only twice DD line and Spurs covered both times. Last season, Pacers got +14.5 with Tinsley and O'Neal and Spurs covered so the decision to open the line with 13.5 is a bit strange...

Houston Rockets @ Dallas Mavericks -5.5

In case you live under a rock, Yao Ming is done for the year, and the Mavs are without Nowitzki due to a one-game suspension.

Do Not Bet This Game Because Dirk Is Out.

Josh Howard has been far more important to the offense over the last few years, and Kidd has been finding shooters with the greatest of ease recently....

The Rockets are on a 16game winning streak; they haven't lost since Jan 27th. They don't have Yao, but they're shooting the ball well (even T-mac), and the other guys are playing together in a scary-good sort of way.

Houston is 18-11 on the road...which is pretty damned good. But do remember that Houston has lost 9 of the last 10 vs the Mavs, and ATS they've managed only 1 win, 1 tie, and 8 losses.

Rockets are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 road games.
Rockets are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 0 days rest.
Rockets are 22-7 ATS in their last 29 games overall.
Rockets are 21-8-3 ATS in their last 32 Thursday games.

Mavericks are 25-11-1 ATS in their last 37 games playing on 2 days rest.
Mavericks are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 Thursday games.
Mavericks are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 home games.

Dallas is 8-14-3 ATS in its last 25 games
Dallas is 1-4-3 ATS in its last 8 games at home
Dallas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

Rockets are 0-4 ATS in the last 4 meetings in Dallas.
Rockets are 0-6 ATS in the last 6 meetings.

BetCrimes has a GREAT thread about this game here.

If I play anything today, I think it'll be the ML dog here, but that would largely be a bet on the continuation of the streak. The last thing I'd do is lay the chalk, tho. BigShot Dagger won't be able to bust anyone's hip tonight, so unless Dampier suddenly gains a 3pt shot, that should be a significant loss.

....doesn't mean the Mavs won't win and cover, but the likelihood seems to me to be too slim to bother laying ANY chalk.

Last meeting in Dallas, the Mavs won and covered as 4.5pt faves....107-98. The Mavs also beat the rockets twice since then in Houston, and this will be the Rockets' last chance to avoid the sweep. I'd call it triple revenge, but it's actually more like sextuple revenge going back to 2006.........

heh.

divol, I'm pretty sure there's a lot I didn't add....but that game just doesn't interest me. The other two...I like the ML dogs. not sure I'll play them.....I want to see what numbers mrs.redbearde pulls...

Master P, you are gifted, you manage to disagree with me on the games I have no opinions on. :)

One interesting thing, Bulls yet to win two games in a row in 2008 and did it only three times this season and yet to have a three games winning streak this season.

Is Dallas really the fav. w/ out Dirk?

I thought w/ Houstons 16 game streak and the suspension we'd see Hou -1 or so.

Something about these lines is just begging for Dog action in my mind. Last night was a terrible night for me (put way to many games on the docket) and I now I am officially with Red on my hatred for the Phoenix Suns. They will never, ever win a title with there current structure.

Gearing up for the weekend's card

LVSC and Bookmaker opened the Houston @ Dallas at a pkem.

wtf is up with that? Pinny still has it at 5.5...

I've never seen an arbitrage opportunity like this. You folks who can use pinny, go fucking make some money...

for the record,

mrs.redbearde makes Dallas a -2 fave.

rocks/spurs total at 184. doesn't seem a bit low? for a team in houston who runs alot more and shoots more 3's at a better percentage lately?

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=AD1><TD>Thu 3/6</TD><TD>505</TD><TD>Houston Rockets</TD><TD>+1.5 -109</TD><TD>+103</TD><TD>OVER 184 -107</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>06:35 PM</TD><TD>506</TD><TD>Dallas Mavericks</TD><TD>-1.5 -101</TD><TD>-113</TD><TD>UNDER 184 -103</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pinny~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After reading BC's thread on this one it is tough to not lean towards Dallas, esp if it gets to Pick.

Obv. Dirk gone hurts, but maybe there is some Ewing theory here (look at Houston w/ out Yao!)

Anyone know Dallas' record w/ out Dirk last 2-3 years? Has he missed any games??

Last night I posted this in the Wed discussion thread and followed it up with how its comparable to the bulls / Cavs game today-

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by SportsNut
They crushed in them Denver last meeting and also looked at hwat PHO did when playing B2B games with both on the road...in the2nd game ...

11/7 lost @ Atlanta by 9 laying 5.5

11/10 won @ORL by 9 laying 1.5 (both teams played 4th in 5)

12/5 won @ Tor by 13 laying 7.5

12/8 lost @ Minny by 7 laying 10 (4th in 5 all away)

1 /23 lost @ Minny by10 laying 8

2/27 lost by 17 @NO catching 3.5

BOL

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This situation played out well today in Denver. I think it basically pops up again on Thursday with Cle @ Chicago.

Add in that Chi just lost a "coin flip" late in Cle on Sunday , the fact LeBron playedd 44 minutes and took the Cavs on his back and the home team dominance. Still no Z and Tyrus Thomas is suspended. With :

Clev being 1-4 in the backend when playing B2Bs both on the road.

11/7 @Utah lost by 2 +9
11/12 @ Den lost by 22 +8
1/31 @ Seattle lost w/o LeBron +2.5
2/8 won by 5 @ ATL +3.5
2/27 @ Bos lost by 5 +9 (backdoor)

Not quite as clear but I think everything points to Chi winning here and that should help them cover 3 or 4 points...somewhat different situation cause they played some good teams catching big numbers...:shake:

The rest of the card-

I actually like Dallas better here w/o Diggler. He is playing well but anytime a player dominants the ball like he has had the rest of the team's effeciency tends to dropoof. Past 10 games he had 20 + shots FOUR times, 15 + shots FIVE times , 30+ shots ONCE and less then 10 shots ONCE.

While this may sound comical looking at how these teams are shaping up Houston has won 16 straight while Dallas just lost 3 tough road games in 4 and is off consecutive losses. They really NEED this. Dont confuse this with me saying they are due. Not what I am implying at all.

The recent trades have allowed Dallas some depth and they will look more blue collar at the 4 spot then usual. Figure Bradon Bass who I think has ben excellent in his limited time will get the start. While Jamal Magliore and Malik Allen should get increased minutes off the bench. They still have Kidd , Terry and Josh Howard along with Jerry Stackhouse and Eddie Jones( availabilty today??) off the bench.

You have a Houston who has won 20 of 21 vs a Dallas team who is 25-3 at HOME. Key here is Dallas is 10-1 SU Last 11 meetings!!

Up and down simply not overly impressed with Houston schedule and there good road wins are NO , Cle and Orl by 2 sinc elosing @ Boston on 1 / 02/ 08.
Getting Inside

The Rockets bring all kinds of winning streaks with them to Dallas, but it is the streaks awaiting them that might get their attention.

They have won a franchise-record 16 games. They have won 11-consecutive home games, a franchise record 10-consecutive road games, seven-consecutive games by at least 10 points. Playing the second game in many nights, the Rockets have swept both halves of five-consecutive back-to-backs.

But the Mavericks have a six-game winning streak against the Rockets and a five-game run against them in Dallas. They have won 10 of their past 11 games against the Rockets.

<TABLE class=ad_slug_table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]
<SCRIPT src="http://us.js2.yimg.com/us.js.yimg.com/a/1-/jscodes/flash6/sky_20071204.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=VBScript>on error resume nextplugin=(IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.6")))</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['RwRJadGDJGw-']='&U=13adpurca%2fN%3dRwRJadGDJGw-%2fC%3d645049.12399323.12778989.1386099%2fD%3dSKY%2fB%3d5235542';</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT>
b
</NOSCRIPT>

With that, for all the Rockets have done, winning 25 of 28 games, and 20 of 21, they have not played the Mavericks since before the season turned around, leaving that an obvious measuring stick that even the winning streaks could not hide.

“We have a pretty even-keel group,” Shane Battier said. “Most of us are already focused on Dallas. We know that this game, while significant doesn’t really guarantee anything. We know we have to go to Dallas and play and try to win another one.”

Bootomline is Houston has NOT had success against Dallas who is "desperate" for a quality win and will have extra incentive with Diggler OUT. Houston has not played on the road since losing Ming and there 4 home games have sen injury riddled memphis , Wash and Indy along with terrible traveling Denver.

They have played three times already this season early on:

Diggler 7/20 19pts , 8 /16 18pts 7 /16 20pts

TMac 12/31 35 pts , 6 /19 15 pts , 5/18 12 pts

Yao 9/12 21 pts , 11/18 30 pts , 10 /18 28 pts

So Dallas is 3-0 and the most Dirk has done is drop 20 pts . Houston is 0-3 with Ming who has excellent numbers in the meetings 30-48(63%) 79pts. So now Ming is gone putting more emphasis on TMac and he is 23-68 (34%) 62pts.

Wont be suprised to see Houston flip to the fav once everyone realizes Diggler is OUT here. Also wont be suprised to see those Houston +6 tickets lose as well and be irrevelant(sp?).

In SA the Spurs are hot and while Indy battled them for a half at Conceco they were SHUTDOWN in the 2nd H. Looking at SA defense at home since the break I would really expect another 85 pt performance by the Pacers which means you need 110+ to go over the total which has risen. Just look at wwhat SA is allowing at home and see how SA shut Indy down in the 2nd H...Indy will go small but I think unless they rae hitting jumper sthere offense will be alot on of ONE and DONE's....

So looking at the UNDER here...

1- Bulls
2-Mavs
3-Under 197 Pacers (maybe)

BOL:cheers::shake:

<!-- / message -->

very similiar thoughts Sportsnut

in my thread. look at Chicago 1st H. Lebron is not human, really and he can ruin any bet in the 4th Q. I'd take a more motivated Chicago against Cleveland who knows they can fuck around and wait for Lebron's nationalkly televeised heroics

TNT Thursdays

Fav is 10-7 SU & 8-9 ATS in the 1st game
Fav is 14-3 SU & 6-10-1 ATS in the 2nd game

O/U 6-11 for the 1st game (typically EC home team)
O/U 9-8 for the 2nd game (typically WC home team)

Some current quirks -

Home teams are riding a season high 6 game winning streak

Favs are riding a 6 game SU winning streak (season high is 8 games)

The 2nd game is 7-0 to Under the last 7 games not involving Golden State as 1 of the competing teams (Today thats the DAL/HOU game)

Last edited:
TNT Thursdays this season...

DAL is 2-5 ATS & O/U 4-3
HOU is 3-0 ATS & O/U 2-1

CLE is 3-1 ATS & O/U 0-4
CHC is 3-2 ATS & O/U 4-1

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Some statistically negative signs for Dallas

They are 1-6 ATS off consecutive ATS wins this season (have covered their last 2 SU losses), another one of those handful of teams (like Seattle) not to have won 4 straight ATS this season = no ATS consistency.

Is 1-6-2 ATS their last 9 home games = 11.1% cover rate, their sole cover vs a team w/a losing season record (& 7-16-2 last 25 home games = 28% cover rate).

Last edited:
just to add a quirky sequence in play

The last 6 days have seen the highest opening total line go Over...

2/29 - 215.5 PHI/GDS = 216 pts
3/1 - 213.0 PHX/PHI = 233 pts
3/2 - 214.0 MIL/IND = 234 pts
3/3 - 204.0 DAL/UTH = 226 pts
3/4 - 220.0 GDS/ATL & SAC/LAK = 253 pts & 222 pts
3/5 - 230.5 PHX/DEN = 239 pts

Back