TNT Thursday lines and discussion

Miami still looking for their first win since the marion trade, Bulls still w/o deng and gordon, they are pleased though w/ the emergence of thabo n noah

it also should be noted that big ben sits out tomorrow due to death in family

Associated Press

Wednesday, February 13, 2008
CHICAGO -- Chicago Bulls center Ben Wallace will miss Thursday's game against the Miami Heat because of a death in his family. He did not practice on Wednesday. The four-time Defensive Player of the Year is averaging just 5.1 points and 8.8 rebounds in the second season of a four-year, $60 million contract. The Bulls are 20-31.

---------------
interesting 2nd game btw though no line yet, dallas will play their 5th game in 7 nights and what about those trades, who plays who sits??
suns are playing a close game in oakland while mavs blew the blazers out, will shaq makes his long wait debut? stay tuned

my first inclination is to take a look and say wallace is out so his tom foolery will not be involved in a possible chicago under . if it happens
at least it wont be him . i can breathe easier thinking this might be a more up and down game with the new look heat in wade's hometown taking on a depleted chicago squad knowing he's out . i'd have to double check who's in or who's out other than him but that's my first thought , tempo and easy scoring opportunities , bathed in pre-allstar all eyes on you syndrome .

Shaq is not playing .

Do you need to be a capper to pick Miami tmrw? Remember that thumping Chi gave them at home , I am sure Miami didnt forget and they have played pretty good ball last 2 games with the unknown being if they can carry over it over to the road...Miami is the better team if you match them up...4 starters possibly out for Chitown...

Probably due to the fact Dallas thumped Portland we shall see a good number for Pho....

i'm fearful of even jumping into that which is dallas at phoenix .
so many different boogeyman boobytrap angles on this game . no , no ,

They should be able to Shaq is definetly not playing. The Kidd trade I dont think is official yet and would assume he doesnt play either . So they may wait till tmrw but they really dont have...

NBA front-office sources say that Mavericks forward Devean George has unexpectedly exercised his right to block the trade that was expected to make Jason Kidd a Maverick.

The teams had verbally agreed to the deal before George told the Mavericks that he wouldn't consent to it, which is his right based on a rare provision in his one-year contract. George recently complained that the Mavericks weren't playing him enough, so this is somewhat shocking. His decision probably won't kill the deal for good, but we'll have to wait to see how this plays out.

Shaquille O'Neal will not make his Suns' debut until after the All-Star break.
"I went through three tough days, moving, jumping, banging and the hip feels pretty solid," O'Neal said. "One or two days of working out on my own and I'm looking to come back very, very shortly. (But) I have orders from upstairs to not come back until I'm 1,000 percent." Look for Shaq to spend the weekend working on his conditioning and then possibly making his debut against the Lakers on Wednesday. Feb. 13 - 8:25 pm et

what if the deal goes through like 7 30 eastern time ?

then a whole host of motherfuckers are gonna be out and a depleted mavs team goes to phoenix after phoenix loses . i dont know .
is there even really a smart play on this game in it's present situation ?
fuck what would the line be ?

Dallas will have the same team as tonight minus Diop and George who contributed almost nothing. Fazekas was recalled and Juwan Howard and Trenton Hassell werent really even used...

Clearly a tough spot playing 5th in 7 days....

I try not to lock myself into plays the previous night...lets see what line we get as a spread before we even waste anytime on it...

Dallas is also playing their 4th in 5 which is even tougher than 5 in 7 IMO...

Phoenix is the only way to go, I'm sure they would love to wax Dallas one time. I'm sure there is disension in the locker room, with George blocking the Kidd trade. Probably not a big play, but could be medium sized...

Public will be on Miami I believe but think that is the way to go also...
Nut has a good point about CHI absolutely blasting MIA last time...(30 Point loss for MIA)

Almost always 5 in 7 are the end of a 4 in 5's spot...

I wouldnt worry much much about the public as if a line is accurate ( clearly Miam is better but what else could they make Miami who 1-20 whatever recently)?...I let the whole public angle scare me off WASH and they lead for nearly the entire game....

Books have losing days as well and certainly losing games.....

TNT Thursday 07-08

Total results
1st game: O/U 4-10
2nd game: O/U 9-5

SU results
1st game: Fav 7-7
2nd game: Fav 11-3

ATS results
1st game: Fav 6-8
2nd game: Fav 4-9-1

additional line:

DAL+7.5@PHO 205

it opened at 6.5 and quickly rose to 7.5 w/ the public on the mavs, interesting... still think the suns are the play here though

Anyone have historicals on Valentines day games? Surely these teams are more concerned about their post-game activities.

Do road teams catch late plane rides home? Do they bring their families out?

Back