TNT Thursday...and some other thoughts

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
6-5 +5.65 units

Lost last night. Third quarter was killer, especially the end of it which totally gave Phoenix the momentum. Good coaches will tell you the best teams play their best in the last 2:00 minutes of each quarter. Got to close those out. Oh well, we move on to Thursday..

Quick Thoughts:

Tony Parker went hognuts wild tonight. Never saw that coming. Thats the definition of being in the zone fellas. Great shooting to get 55 on only 36 fga's. Still took 2 OT's to beat the puppies though. Not a good sign. Hurry back Manu is all they can hope.

The Celtics may make a play for Antonio McDyess. They tried to get him back in 2004 but he came here instead since the Celtics sucked balls back then. Once this buyout is complete he can sign with any team...but Detroit. The "Gary Payton" rule is in effect. He has to wait thirty days if he wants to come back to Detroit.

Chris Bosh is going to have a monster year. I think that Olympic experience helped immensely He looked great tonight. Jermaine O'Neal looks old though. He will still help but he is definetly past his prime.

Coach Curry is just what this Detroit team needed. I really like how they play hard throughout. On another subject there with Chauncey gone, it allows Prince to have the ball more and he looks much better that way and can do some different things.

Okay, peeped Marlos thread earlier tonight and he told me to look at this total. I did and I think we have a solid play:

Portland U184 -110 2 units

Some of these trends he already put in. I will reiterate them though for those that have not seen.

*Houston 25-8-3 to the under last 36 Thursday Games
*Portland is 13-4 to the under last 17 against Southwest Division
*Under is 7-2 last 9 meetings
*Under is 11-5 last 16 games at Rose Garden overall

The first one may seem goofy about Thursday nights but think about it. Thursday night games typically are on TNT and on a short card. You get many more "public" bettors on these games. Therefore I believe they set the totals a bit higher much like they do the fave and thats why dogs are traditionally better on Thursdays.

Houston has had two ugly games and two games near or above 200. Those two were against Boston and Dallas. In the Boston game the other night they only shot 39 percent themselves but got plenty of freebies at the line. Conversely they gave up great shooting to the Celtics at a 52 prcent clip. The Dallas game was all tempo. If you look at what Albyman said before the Dallas season-opener last week they have a different system which should provide a lot of 'Overs' early in the season.

On thing that scares me about Portland is their opponents are shooting 52 percent from the floor this season. Thats not good. But at same point, they played a very efficient offense in Utah who typically will lead league in FG percentage an the Lakers who just happen to be one of the very best teams and have been operating a very smooth offense so far this year.

That being said, Houston is shooting a dapper 40 percent this year. Portland counters with a sweltering 42 percent clip. Neither team is an offensive hybrid.

Portland has a very simple offense from what I have seen. It doesn't lend itself to enough easy baskets. They have to work. Not enough creativity. That will be enhanced against a very good Rocket defense. This should be an ugly game and having both teams break 92 points is asking a lot.

Houston 89-84.5

GL all.

Like your thoughts BAR. May add that Portland just came off a very hard game against Utah, losing a big lead against Utah. I believe that both teams will be careful, since both allowed way too many points to their rivals their last losses.

Looks good BAR, I hope my boy Prince picks up some slack for Billups for ya this season. GL Tonight

hey BAR, I just dabble in The Association but always enjoy the reads; your take on Thursday games is very interesting.

Good luck tonite

Good luck to us tonight, someone out there likes it as well.

Went up to 184.5 this morning and see it at 182 right now.

It's going to be interesting to see where this closes at.

What was that like a 14-0 run to close the 3rd...Still pissed about that game...Good Luck with that under Bro:cheers:

Thanks Joe, let cash this sucka

Divol, that is big as well. They had halftime lead but just couldn't get job done in the 4th.

Good health as well DDK

Lets cash RJ

Master, gracias

Cody, Mike Curry had an excellent plan last night in regard to Prince. He took him out early then brought him back early 2nd quarter with the rserves so he could be the number one option. He responded big time. Think he had 17 points in that stanza alone. He will benefit most from Billups being gone. He will get to control the ball much, much more.

Horses, thanks man..appreciate it.

Glad we got the early number(s) Marlo..thanks for heads up.

Phil:cheers:

Yeah that was sick C...new day, new bet though:shake:

:36_11_6::36_11_6:

icon13.gif

Not.

Funny.

Oh well. Both teams defenses are nonexistent.We need some major bricks to help us out. Hell I can even score the way their playing.

90-90 with :10 to play, Portland with the ball...if this hits, you better take the weekend off, b/c the gambling gods are fixin' to put the beat down on you...

Back