Props
Phil Mickleson to finish Top 10 (ties included) +200 .5/1
J. Spieth to Finish Top 10 (ties included) +100 .5/.5
Bubba to Finish Top 10 (ties included) -105 .525/.5
Adam Scott to Finish Top 10 (ties included) +150 .5/.75
Top Past Winner Adam Scott +300 .5/1.5
Spieth to Win Masters -195 .975/.5

Last edited:
Love the play. he was one of my Masters futures early on. I snagged him at 16-1 a couple months ago

GL Colt - I heard Stenson pulled out of Houston with the flu, hopefully he is better this week for Augusta. Feel like if he is on his iron play is as good as anyone out there and we know he can make some birdies.

Tournament Matchup - Scott +100 vs. D. Johnson 1*

Back at you Capt.

Thank you KJ, BOL thought it was great value and no disrespect to DJ but he doesn't have the experience A. Scott has or near the track record with his best finish T13. Don't think the 100 yard in emphasis necessarily fits DJ's game as well at Augusta but he certainly does have the length if it's wet.

J. Spieth to Finish Top 10 (ties included) +100 .5/.5

Bubba to Finish Top 10 (ties included) -105 .525/.5
Adam Scott to Finish Top 10 (ties included) +150 .5/.75

Yeah and Adam using the long putter again which is obviously the talk, I just think he has a week. I'm keying on him and Day, oy oy oy

Back at you Capt.

Hey Timh,

Been a long time reader, and tail most of your totals in many sports. I was wondering if you could help a new comer out. Do you mind explaining the concept of dead heat rules? 5dimes shows this Phil M bet at +255, but it says that dead heat rules apply. Your bet above says ties included. Based on the small amount of research i did, seems like the dead heat rules reduces your winnings with ties. Have any experience with dead heat rules via 5dimes?

Thanks and good luck!

-Chub

Good stuff, Tim.

I will be keying on Spieth this tournament, matchups and a little to win it all.

Best of luck to you.

Hey Timh,

Been a long time reader, and tail most of your totals in many sports. I was wondering if you could help a new comer out. Do you mind explaining the concept of dead heat rules? 5dimes shows this Phil M bet at +255, but it says that dead heat rules apply. Your bet above says ties included. Based on the small amount of research i did, seems like the dead heat rules reduces your winnings with ties. Have any experience with dead heat rules via 5dimes?

Thanks and good luck!

-Chub
Chub good question and this is actually from 5D explaining the situation and how it is treated.

Dead Heat Example:
Straight Bet selected on Ogivly TOP 10 +350, for $100.
Scenario #1: Two golfers – including Ogivly – tie for 10th place.
The risk amount ($100) is divided by 2 as there are only 2 golfers sharing one same paying position (10th place). In this case, half of the stake ($50) gets paid full odds, and the other half ($50 as well) is lost. $50 on Ogivly +350 wins $175, for a total credit of $225.
A bet on any other golfer for TOP 10 that is not tied in 10th place, but yet a winner, will pay full odds for the whole amount wagered.
Scenario #2: Five golfers – including Ogivly – tie for 10th place.
The risk amount ($100) is divided by the number of competitors involved in the "dead heat" (5 golfers) = $20 (divided stake) and multiplied by the number of paying positions (there is only one paying position as it is the last place in which 5 golfers are tied). The remainder $80 of the risk amount are lost.
The divided stake gets paid full odds of the wager as if originally the bet was only for $20. $20 on Ogivly +350 pays $70 to win, for a total credit of $90.
A bet on any other golfer for TOP 10 that is not tied in 10th place, but yet a winner, will pay full odds for the whole amount wagered.
Scenario #3: Five golfers – including Ogivly – tie for 8th place.
The risk amount ($100) is divided by the number of competitors involved in the "dead heat" (5 golfers) = $20 (divided stake) and multiplied by the number of paying positions (3: 8th, 9th & 10th) = $60. The wager amount to be paid at full odds is $60. The remainder $40 of the risk amount are lost.
$60 on Ogivly + 350 pays $210 to win, for a total credit of $270.
A bet on any other golfer for TOP 10 that is not tied in 8th place, but yet a winner, will pay full odds for the whole amount wagered.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks Fondy and Horses wish you guys the best of luck on the Masters. Horses you must be excited by the Fathers this year. Looks like they will win some games and be more exciting overall.

Jordan golfing like the beast that he is and is going to continue to be. He will win more career majors than Rory, imo, book it. Hopefully he holds up this weekend.

TimH, re: Padres, I am excited for the city but I grew up a Dodger fan and remain one; I live 2 miles from Petco and will make some games this year. Baseball is not a sport I handicap on a day to day basis, but I have a huge future on the Cubs RSW Under 83. Best of luck to you this baseball season.

Horses - Didn't realize you were Dodgers fan first, should be a good year for them once they get some of the injuries cleared up. I didn't play any RSW props this year but I like your play on Cub under. I think they are over valued at that number this year. They definitely have a better team but I think they are still a couple of years away from really being in the mix for a playoff spot. GL with the play and agree on Jordan, he has just been fabulous and his poise for a 21 year old is amazing. Very bright young man with a tremendous future. I hope somebody makes a run at him just to make it more interesting on Saturday and Sunday but I would like to see him get his first major.

Round 3 Matchups Parlay Spieth over Hoffman and Fowler over Singh .5/.64

Back