Tulsa/Cinci under 51 winner 7-13
Temple/Smu under 59 loser 7-14
ODU/UAB over 44 winner 8-14
ASU/UTAH under 48,5 winner 9-14
FSU/Wake Forest under 68.5 winner 10-14
Michigan/PennSt under 45 loser 10-15
Boise St/BYU under 50 10-16

Talk me off leans
tulane 4 (Good DL which means Brady white has to beat them)

Last edited:
Surprised you called him by his name. I can't help but think 'Betty' when I watch Memphis now.

If they just had an average guy back there to prevent teams from cheating against the run, they could be that much more potent offensively. It's also why you will see him put up yards on occasion, as he is usually in great situations to throw, other than him having to use his own brain and arm to do so.

I saw that one "pass" Tate threw against UW that went backwards, guess he was throwing it away.....backwards. Thought of you, another resume builder for Tate's passing resume.

I took UTSA for a little FWIW Saturday. I know you were thinking of UAB, which would've won obviously. Don't like to think I "talked you off" UAB. I still think UAB is not a good football team. They just keep playing teams that are worse than them. Quite the record they've accumulated for them Blazers vs that schedule. They've got another toughie up this week vs ODU.

The lean on Central Michigan. Bowling Green must still be smoking that peace pipe after not having it for like 10 years.

What about the David Moore suspension, do you know what is up with that? And if he is going to continue being out, then I take it you are fine with Dormady?

I saw that one "pass" Tate threw against UW that went backwards, guess he was throwing it away.....backwards. Thought of you, another resume builder for Tate's passing resume.

I took UTSA for a little FWIW Saturday. I know you were thinking of UAB, which would've won obviously. Don't like to think I "talked you off" UAB. I still think UAB is not a good football team. They just keep playing teams that are worse than them. Quite the record they've accumulated for them Blazers vs that schedule. They've got another toughie up this week vs ODU.

I like ODU there but I just haven't gone through it all yet. Plus your home stat.

Adds

Troy -15
S Bama/Troy over 54.5
Louisiana/Arkansas State over 67
UCLA/Stanford over 54
Stanford -8.5
Pitt/Cuse over 51
NCState/BC over 52
Purdue/Iowa over 49.5
ULM/Appst over 65
Tulsa/Cinci under 51
Temple/Smu under 59
ODU/UAB over 44
ASU/UTAH under 48,5
FSU/Wake Forest under 68.5
Michigan/PennSt under 45
Boise St/BYU under 50

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

Newman has been at a different level for sure this year, but Hartman is a very good backup to have (former starter).

What are you expecting from Stanford's qb situation?

Not a lot. I am a big fan of Costello, so this obviously hurts the chances. . I don't hate Mills if he goes and basically have no idea on the next batter up. I also didn't realize the offensive line is so banged up. Looks like an awful play and I would avoid them if I could now. But I cannot middle myself so I will wait it out and see how it goes. So looks like i all-around whiffed on some injury stuff for that game.

Kentucky +24.5 or Mizzou/Vandy O56.5 interest you?

No interest in the former.

As for the Mizz total .. the Mizz d is a little better than I expected it to be, and they actually have some decent metrics. So my concern there would be Vandy not contributing, particularly with some skill guys banged up. Mizz also not quite as fast as some past years but then again, this doesn't appear to be the best version of the Vandy defense. Been unimpressed with bryant all year for Mizz. Shrug. I guess the over is worth a look but I dunno. Pass for me.

The FSU under is based on my understanding of Wake Forest. I just don't think they are willing enough to throw as much as possible to have success. Their run game should have a lot of problems getting off the ground in this game compared to other defenses faced. I also think the type of matchups on the outside are ok for FSU compared to some of their opponents faced so far. So really I just think FSU matches up ok to keep Wake to a reasonable number and I certainly wouldn't expect 500+ from the FSU offense either. So I just think it is one of those nice games where both teams can move the ball, and both teams can score some, but not enough to reach a number that high without some extra big plays or points friendly turnovers. I also like that both defenses are off humuiliating performances even by their own standards. I actually like how FSU matches up in general here but I liked the under more. Obviously this thing could go over 80 or 90 points as well, depending how it plays out. if Wake is smart, there will be a lot of plays in this game but I don't think they will be based on the first half of the season. Still will be quite a few but ...

Kentucky +24.5 or Mizzou/Vandy O56.5 interest you?

No interest in the former.

As for the Mizz total .. the Mizz d is a little better than I expected it to be, and they actually have some decent metrics. So my concern there would be Vandy not contributing, particularly with some skill guys banged up. Mizz also not quite as fast as some past years but then again, this doesn't appear to be the best version of the Vandy defense. Been unimpressed with bryant all year for Mizz. Shrug. I guess the over is worth a look but I dunno. Pass for me.

Vanderbilt's offense has to be one of the biggest disappointments anywhere this season.

10 pts vs UNLV
6 pts @ Ole Miss
24 pts vs NIU
24 pts vs LSU
-their D scored twice so I give their O credit for just 24. I've read where alot of people like to think back to what Vandy did vs LSU...they only averaged 5.12 yard per play that game. So when you see 38 pts in the box score, the actual O production doesn't equal that. That game would've been 38-10 HT without the first of Vandy's D scores.
24 pts @ Purdue
6 pts vs Georgia

Vanderbilt's O has been anywhere from bad to below average all year. If you think they could match the NIU/LSU/Purdue output than it could go over.

I guess I am in a capping slump. I hope I am not letting anyone down. Hopefully catch some luck this weekend. Hope you all win your next bets.

I guess I am in a capping slump. I hope I am not letting anyone down. Hopefully catch some luck this weekend. Hope you all win your next bets.

Your last play was a winner with the 2nd H Under and you did get ULL and Troy right this week. Just a little off on last few game totals. You know these teams. Sometimes it just gets a little off track.

Back