time to post my week 3 card so far

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
0-0

Posted a few winners and a rutgers loser at ctg in the ingame which I obviously won't include here.

Illinois -7 -120 (I bought it)
Iowa/ISU Under 42.5
ASU/MSU Under 42.5
Ohio/Marshall Under 48
FAU -2.5 -113
FAU/Ball State over 64.5
ECU/Navy over 53.5
Louisville -10.5
Florida -9
Ohio State -18.5
Ohio State/Indiana over 60
Pitt 17
WVU 7

Yes!

GL

I don't see how some of those lose... but that's why they play I suppose. Ex.) tOSU, Ville, Florida.

Yes!

GL

I don't see how some of those lose... but that's why they play I suppose. Ex.) tOSU, Ville, Florida.

I laughed at the Ville line early in the week but didn't decide to start playing again until later in the week, hence the crappy line there.

Sneaky effort this week. Some absolute great capping. I'm excited for the recaps later.

Recap #1 Illini -7 -120 - Dminus - the bet was bad as the teams were relatively even and the game played out that way. The difference between winning and losing was a combination of penalties, poor pass protection and Peters turnovers. I admit to giving illini too much credit for how they looked against a really bad akron and giving them a pass for how they looked against a really bad uconn. Yardage pretty even. Result seems right with emu just playing a cleaner game

VK maybe you should wait to week 3 next season too? Maybe this is a sign?

Historically done well the first month and then leveled off until bowl season where I also do well. AKA I am not as good in conference games as nonconference.

didnt mean 2 sound disrespectful u da best

I didn't take it as such. Just saying my normal pattern is to prepare and be ahead of market, then have it catch up, then outcap the market on bowls. And that inbetween area where I stagnate are the conference games. Generally that is how it plays out to eek out a small profit.

Illinois -7 -120 (I bought it) loser
Iowa/ISU Under 42.5 winner
ASU/MSU Under 42.5 winner
Ohio/Marshall Under 48 loser
FAU -2.5 -113 winner
FAU/Ball State over 64.5 winner
ECU/Navy over 53.5 loser
Louisville -10.5 winner
Florida -9 loser
Ohio State -18.5 winner
Ohio State/Indiana over 60 winner
Pitt 17 winner
WVU 7 winner

on with grades ...

Illinois Dminus - reasons in post above

Iowa-ISU under - Grade A - Just 731 yards in the game combined and 38 first downs. This despite 22 of 35 from the Iowa QB , 24 of 34 from the ISU QB and 1 for 1 for a long TD pass on a double pass by D Jones. So 51 yards and 71 yards on the two long TD passes for ISU and not too much more. Purdy did fumble inside the IOWA 30. Kickers were a solid 5 for 5. Game had some weather interruptions or lightning nearby interruptions .. whatever.

ASU/MSU under Grade A Plus - MSU lost outright but was clearly the better team in this game. 23-14 first down edge, 404 to 216 yardage edge. 23-14 fd edge. ASU won 10-7 due to putting one good drive together late against sparty. Obviously this was a good investment.

Ohio Marshall Under - Grade F - I didn't see this game yet so I can only comment on the box score. 511-438 yardage advantage for Marshall .. aka 949 yards. 8.3 and 7.4 yards per pass each, and 7.2 and 6.6 yards per rush each. Ya, I have to admit that I don't get it but I guess I was wrong here. Chunk plays all over the place.

FAU and the Over against Ball State - FAU Grade B, Over Grade A - FAU with small fd and yardage edges in a game that had 969 yards. Ball State -2 in turnovers. Not sure how many sacks Ball State had but they held the fau rushing game in check most of the time. I didn't see this one so .... just have to go by the box and play by play and it looks like decent enough bets from those. I am so lazy with these now.

Tosu and Tosu over vs Indiana - Grade A, Grade Cminus. Very tough to grade this. The over cashed in the third quarter and then there were no points in the fourth. Only 797 yards in the game which is very underish at this number. Safety was enough to nudge it over .... there was an interception return for a TD but it was also in the RZ when it happened. Indiana just couldn't run the ball at all. Dogs were called off .. etc. etc. ... just a hard game to know whether that total hits more than it loses ... i tend to think I was fortunate on the over and that tosu was clearly the right side.

Florida -9 - Grade Dminus - Some adversity with Franks going down, but Florida plus two in turnovers and only outgained uk by thirty yards or so. Where I missed here was the florida secondary which just didn't do its normal job in my estimation. Kentucky hates my money as a general rule whether I back them or fade them.

I probably won't do the rest but did want to laugh at the Pitt head coach ... those poor kids tried so hard all day for that moron to make a terrible decision and then stand by it after the game in the press conference. Hope he has fun teaching his kids accountability.

Back