Week seven 39-32 +3.8 units
Week eight 42-25 +14.5 units
Week nine 35-31 +0.9 units
Week ten 41-21 +17.9 units'
Week 11 22 -15 +5.5 units
Week 12 17-17 -1.7 units
Week 13 24-20 +2.4 units
Overall 405-337 +34.7 units

Well the 2018 regular season is basically over. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't proud of that regular season. I have little doubt it will be the best regular season that I will ever have. I caught more good breaks than bad which always helps and I think I did a decent job of finding value. While I had a few juice week losses after week 1, that week was the only week where I lost more games than I won. Moreover, I am pleased with how things went on the larger bets.

Now to make a few comments about a potential mistake with regard to week 13 in hopes I can remember to not make the mistake again next year.

First is Bowl eligibility with likelihood of invite and Second is missing opportunities after "bowl eligibility win mapping" fails the week prior. I made good $ backing teams needing wins for bowl eligibility purposes the last 3-4 weeks. With that said, I might have made two errors in the last weekend in this regard. First, I backed Coastal Carolina on the road seeking a sixth win which would make them bowl eligible in a game at South Alabama, who has been abysmal. I do think Coastal is the better football team but I read articles about how young and tired they were and they were playing bad football heading into the game. But what I want to point out is that the bowl eligibility factor might mean less if you are not going to get an invite. The sunbelt conference already has six bowl eligible teams and I am not sure that the conference has ever had 7 teams selected. I imagine they would have been the seventh most desired team in the conference and bowl eligibility might have meant no invite. Maybe this is too in the weeds with regard to the kids and coaches but it isn't for proper officiating. Secondly, I mapped out the schedules 5 weeks ago. What I mean by that, is that I looked at the remaining games and found the most likely wins (upsets) for teams to reach bowl eligibility. It worked out great for me win weeks 10 and 11, and to a lesser extent it saved my rump some in week 12. However, in so doing, I think i missed further opportunities to invest in week 13. I could have gone for the P5 conference lay downs in week 13 with blind bets on Wake Forest and Minnesota and did not. I think psychologically, my mapping pointed to prior week wins and it made it harder for me to go back to the well on motivation with those teams (do they really want it?). But Wisconsin and Duke just let those two teams win. I needed to write that down somewhere to help me remember it for next year.

Northern Illinois vs Buffalo (Buffalo -3.5) 0-1
Utah vs Washington (Pending, lean Washington)

ULL vs App state (ULL 17.5, under 58.5) 2-1
Marshall vs Virginia Tech (-3.5) 3-1
ECU vs NCSTATE (ECU 24, Over 60.5) 4-2
Akron vs South Carolina (-30) 4-3
Texas vs Oklahoma (Under 78) 2h ov 38.5 5-4
UAB vs MTSU (Under 45, mtsu -1) 5-6
Stanford vs California (Cal 3) 5-7
Memphis vs UCF (pass)
UGA vs Bama (Bama -13, over 63) 5-8
Fresno State vs Boise State (Fresno Pick) 6-8
Pittsburgh at Clemson (Clemson -25) 2h -11 8-8
NW vs Ohio State (Ohio State -14, over 60.5) 2h -7 over 28.5 11-9

Last edited:
Northern Illinois vs Buffalo (Buffalo -3.5)
Utah vs Washington (Pending, lean Washington)

ULL vs App state (ULL 17.5)
Marshall vs Virginia Tech (Pending)
ECU vs NCSTATE (ECU 24, Over 60.5)
Akron vs South Carolina (Pending)
Texas vs Oklahoma (Under 78)
UAB vs MTSU (Under 45)
Stanford vs California (Pending)
Memphis vs UCF (woof)
UGA vs Bama (Bama -13)
Fresno State vs Boise State (Pending)
Pittsburgh at Clemson (Clemson -25)
NW vs Ohio State (Ohio State -14)

Not to get carried away but I think Clemson is just going to destroy Pitt. It is just an awful matchup for Pitt. Pitt does one thing well .. they can run the ball. Well, they are not going to be able to run on Clemson. After what Bentley did to the Clemson secondary, I think the tigers will be focused back there too and we get an all around good performance from the defense. Without first downs and scores, that pitt defense simply cannot hold up against Clemson. Just looks like it has the makings of a big time ass whooping.

I wasn't around much this season, but I DO recall you talking about hanging it up.

And I DO recall me saying, "STFU" "You better post" "You Da Man".......shit like that

Thems a lotta units to the good my bro.......good job and you better bet every bowl game ala RetroVK

Congrats.

They won't be able to make the OSU line big enough. This wreaks of the '14 title game, Wisconsin and the tune of 59-0.

don't say that!!!

i hope pat fitzgerald plays that tape all week long for his team. i don't recall seeing a top program ranked so highly (11 going into the game) get run out of the building like that and seemingly just lay down. it was unreal. it was like they didn't care after they got down 20.

I wasn't around much this season, but I DO recall you talking about hanging it up.

And I DO recall me saying, "STFU" "You better post" "You Da Man".......shit like that

Thems a lotta units to the good my bro.......good job and you better bet every bowl game ala RetroVK

I will have a wager on every bowl game.

don't say that!!!

i hope pat fitzgerald plays that tape all week long for his team. i don't recall seeing a top program ranked so highly (11 going into the game) get run out of the building like that and seemingly just lay down. it was unreal. it was like they didn't care after they got down 20.
Their coach quit on them. That's my explanation.

It was Gary Andersen who quit AFTER the game.

oh man you are right! he was there just a few years and then inexplicably bolted for oregon state right? that wisky team i believe was right around #10 in the country going into that CCG so they were no joke, but the 59-0 was in my mind an aberration.

MW is on to something here. his team could probably sense that he had one foot out the door so they quit. 10th ranked teams that late in the year don't lay eggs like that. OSU played amazing but they had a lot of help from Wisky.

kind of like in 2012 when Wisky put up a 70 spot on nebraska

He went on to destroy the Oregon State program. It will be years and years before they are truly competitive again.

Not to get carried away but I think Clemson is just going to destroy Pitt. It is just an awful matchup for Pitt. Pitt does one thing well .. they can run the ball. Well, they are not going to be able to run on Clemson. After what Bentley did to the Clemson secondary, I think the tigers will be focused back there too and we get an all around good performance from the defense. Without first downs and scores, that pitt defense simply cannot hold up against Clemson. Just looks like it has the makings of a big time ass whooping.

I have a real good friend who is a huge Pitt guy and actually knows his shit about the team. Ive made a lot of money betting how he tells me in Pitt games. He agrees with you. He says they are going to win 48-17 at least and he could see them scoring 50+ with ease

I have a real good friend who is a huge Pitt guy and actually knows his shit about the team. Ive made a lot of money betting how he tells me in Pitt games. He agrees with you. He says they are going to win 48-17 at least and he could see them scoring 50+ with ease
I'll piggyback on this. Retro...or @M.W. can chime too for discussion.... Any way that Clemson plays conservative after an early lead? They don't need style points. I keep hitting "yes" on TT over then not hitting submit the last 12 hours. Thoughts?

I'll piggyback on this. Retro...or @M.W. can chime too for discussion.... Any way that Clemson plays conservative after an early lead? They don't need style points. I keep hitting "yes" on TT over then not hitting submit the last 12 hours. Thoughts?

The concerns would be
1. Not needing to score more because Pitt cannot score
2. Pitt having a little more run success than we think and the game shortening
3. Big early lead and protect players

And then there is this ...

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ney-calls-critics-shameful-south-carolina-win

I did not see any of that game other than the final.

Thank you for the link.

Good points all around. That is what I needed to kind of make myself feel better about not playing it yet. No reason to force anything.

VK I guess you are taking all week to analyze all angles before posting your side for the super anticipated game of the week; Drake at Iowa State?!

Adds

ULL/App St under 58.5
UGA/Bama over 63
VT -3.5
Cal 3

My initial lean to Washington is now a lean to UTAH.

I think I made it around the number Mars. It really depends on the boise running game and fresno making plays in the passing game they failed to make last time. Game could go a lot of different directions. Looks like some weather this weekend so need to check on that for this game.

UAB laying in the weeds with the offensive linemen back this week. So would expect not a little but a lot more from their offense but this would be UABs best win of the year in my estimation (Tulane/UNT?), to beat the father son combo going for a title in front of their friends and family. I think the game means an awful lot to that battery. MTSU appears to be peaking and UAB has not played that well in four of their last five. MTSU probably struggles to run but their ability to pass and use the passing game as a form of the rushing attack limits the advantage of that great uab rushing defense. Game could go either way obviously but I hope the homefield, confidence and father/son motivation is greater than the "we just got humiliated by these guys last week" motivation and then hope the UAB oline is still not at full strength and that the qb's shoulder isn't 100%.

Fun game.

VK - With the latest committee rankings having OK at 5, and OSU at 6, one would think if OK wins vs. Texas that there wouldn't be any way that OSU could possibly pass them in the rankings. And if GA loses to Bama that the decision for the last spot would come down to those two teams. OSU is playing late so will essentially know their status/fate at that point before kickoff. What is your opinion on how that could potentially be a let down spot for them at that point, as opposed to trying to run up an impressive victory vs. NW (could help with GA and OK losses). Is that a factor/risk in your thinking?

Seems like people are forgetting the weather last week in Pullman. If it was normal, game would be different. Utah coach super underrated still. They overcame their skill position losses. Stadium will be dead. I think they win. ML +195

VK - With the latest committee rankings having OK at 5, and OSU at 6, one would think if OK wins vs. Texas that there wouldn't be any way that OSU could possibly pass them in the rankings. And if GA loses to Bama that the decision for the last spot would come down to those two teams. OSU is playing late so will essentially know their status/fate at that point before kickoff. What is your opinion on how that could potentially be a let down spot for them at that point, as opposed to trying to run up an impressive victory vs. NW (could help with GA and OK losses). Is that a factor/risk in your thinking?
I have had these discussions. I think it could depend on how ou won whether a blowout would be considered by tosu. If ou blows out texas they will probably understand. Keep in mind tosu has leaped over teams in ridiculous fashion in prior years so they may be motivated anyway. I think they have to be thinking of blowout regardless. Meaning the preparation would be the same. There is still the Big10 championship in play too. So it is hard to say. I would think an uga outright win would be a more obvious letdown for them. There are other concerns too ... a season of data or one game of being woke?? Nw was looking ahead last week and they are veteran and well coached. I am not sold on buckeyes necessarily being this much better than nw. Last game vs Michgan has influenced me a lot, for the good or the bad. So yes, that could be a major concern for ohio state if ou wins handily or uga wins in any fashion.

Seems like people are forgetting the weather last week in Pullman. If it was normal, game would be different. Utah coach super underrated still. They overcame their skill position losses. Stadium will be dead. I think they win. ML +195
Ya i think the defense can keep the washington score down here. This is a big game for utah too. They joined the league for this chance.

I hear really good things about UCF Frosh qb
Interesting. I let the game get away from me and now i could just never back Memphis, particularly in a wet game due to their awful performances in the rain this year. Tough game.

What are u hearing about him?

Back