week 6 8-14
week 7 13-13
week 8 11-17
week 9 19-27-3 ( 51-71-3 last 122 wow )
week 10 33-26
week 11 21-19-1
week 12 18-22
Overall 196-187-8

Interesting week last week. Managed another good Saturday to make up for another bout of beatings on the weeknights.

Locked In

#301 Akron -3 lose 0-1
#327 Iowa -5.5 win 1-1
#333 Nebraska +7 -120 lose 1-2
#335 Kentucky +7.5 lose 1-3
#338 Rutgers -6.5 win 2-3
#341 Virginia Tech +7 -115 win 3-3
#355 Utah +7.5 win 4-3
#378 Notre Dame -16.5 lose 4-4
#381 MTSU -4 lose 4-6
#386 Idaho -4 lose 4-7
#397 Texas -1 ( Big ) 5-7
#393 ASU -9 lose 5-8
#339 Clemson -3 lose 5-9
#313 usm +10 win 6-9
#319 Pitt +2 lose 6-10
#321 Wake Forest +15 lose 6-11
#315 California +14.5 win 7-11
#379 Miami Ohio +15 win 8-11
#384 SJSU -10.5 lose 8-12
ECU/Bearcats over 68 win 9-12
Cal/USC under 72

Pitt/UNC under 70 lose 10-13
Wake/NCST under 47mlose 10-14
lsu/arkansas under 48 win 11-14
aub/uga over 68.5mlose 11-15
scary/florida under 58.5 win 12-15
gasouthern/navy over 63 win 13-15
rice/marshall over 63 lose 13-16
nw/notredame over 48.5 win 14-16
mtsu/fiu under 51 lose 14-17
memphis/tulane under 47.5 win 15-17
2h Ball State Pick
2h Ball State/Umass over 31 15-19
2h Kent State/Bowling Green under 27 16-19
#329/330 army/wku under 70.5 16-20
#353/354 unlv/byu under 62.5 16-21
#350/360 sdsu/boise st under 55 16-22
#397/398 Texas/osu under 48 17-22
#359 suds 14 18-22

Strong Lean:

California - Waiting but likely playing
FSU -2 - Not sure if I like it or if it is win-win assuming it doesn't fall 1....
Arkansas - Just a bad spot for LSU who I am already eyeing as a title type team for next year but this is asking a lot of Tigers

Last edited:
Interesting game in Stillwater. OSU is a mess. Texas o-line really starting to come together, Wickline starting to pay dividends. Last chance for both teams to get to a bowl. (Texas closes with TCU, OSU at Baylor and OU.) I like Texas, but not big at all.

good luck, VK
At this point on the calender, I have no idea what teams are opposing your picks.
Check in later.

Add

Clemson -3

sorry for the last bunch of weeks .. I am swamped with work and don't have time to contribute to my own thread. I feel like I am now part of the problem in that regard as ctg used to be such a great game breakdown discussion site and now we are basically a post picks site. I used to try and take the bull by the horns and force discussion but I just don't have the time anymore. Maybe bowl season? Anyway, I know the thread sucked this season but like I said, other life is in my way right now.

Add

Clemson -3

sorry for the last bunch of weeks .. I am swamped with work and don't have time to contribute to my own thread. I feel like I am now part of the problem in that regard as ctg used to be such a great game breakdown discussion site and now we are basically a post picks site. I used to try and take the bull by the horns and force discussion but I just don't have the time anymore. Maybe bowl season? Anyway, I know the thread sucked this season but like I said, other life is in my way right now.

No worries Kyle, keep it up as best you can. I certainly understand the lack of time. That's why I changed my thread to a discussion thread instead of a picks thread. Unfortunately, everybody but me and the corndogs on this site hate the SEC:cigarguy:

Interesting game in Stillwater. OSU is a mess. Texas o-line really starting to come together, Wickline starting to pay dividends. Last chance for both teams to get to a bowl. (Texas closes with TCU, OSU at Baylor and OU.) I like Texas, but not big at all.

agreed here. also, gonna have a lot of mind games going on with the coaching. wickline facing a lawsuit from osu, osu knowing what wickline likes doing with the o line, gonna have a lot of emotions rolling through this game.

Like UK...I think they get up for this one big time

Yea LSU in a bad bad spot here. Arky is always a tight one for the Tigers, and They have an offense that will give LSU fits

With u on MTSU and Utah. Against with GT. Thoughts on Clemson? Im not impressed with offense.

Thoughts on Rice +21? Inbet it as i think if it moves, it moves down and i can decide on it. Marshall is fantastic this year bun3 tds? Rice has been outstanding once they got healthy.

It's really good timing schedule wise for Texas to face the WVU offense and OSU offense on back to back weeks. Already seen and shut down the good version. Texas is not beating TCU so it truly is their last chance for a bowl this year. Not sure with the recency of OSU and the epic falling of the Texas program that the crowd is the normal Stillwater bunch.

good luck, VK
At this point on the calender, I have no idea what teams are opposing your picks.
Check in later.

I don't know what teams are opposing my picks either. Never an early addition of the bullsheet?

No worries Kyle, keep it up as best you can. I certainly understand the lack of time. That's why I changed my thread to a discussion thread instead of a picks thread. Unfortunately, everybody but me and the corndogs on this site hate the SEC:cigarguy:

I do find myself cheering against the SEC a little bit but it doesn't have much to do with the conference or the teams within it and has more to do with hating the system. If the same injustices were in place for the pac-12 or big-12, I would find myself cheering against those conferences in the same manner. I actually like teams like Alabama and LSU as they are closer to playing old style football than most places.

agreed here. also, gonna have a lot of mind games going on with the coaching. wickline facing a lawsuit from osu, osu knowing what wickline likes doing with the o line, gonna have a lot of emotions rolling through this game.

You would think Texas would feel insulted by the lawsuit where OSU is basically saying their coaching jobs are on par with Texas. Since that is clearly laughable, their lawsuit has no merit.

Like UK...I think they get up for this one big time

Yea LSU in a bad bad spot here. Arky is always a tight one for the Tigers, and They have an offense that will give LSU fits

Just another example of a team having to battle hard to make a bowl. I would be surprised if uk has the type of offense that gives Louisville's defense trouble. That isn't a knock on uk's offense which I think is just fine but it matches up really bad to the cardinals. That means this game with the Vols is really their kitchen sink game. No Worley obviously ... seems like vols are slightly better than a coin flip not a td better.

The LSU at Arkansas game is one of the few I am looking forward to this weekend from a fan of the sport perspective. I like running football. LSU is the better football team right now and I am struggling to back Arkansas given their propensity to not win conference games ( this year's Arkansas one of the better arguments for the quality of the SEC). Line is asking Arkansas to win the game and I am going to struggle convincing myself of value. I just think the spot is horrendous for the Tigers. We'll see what happens with LSU but I think they are a team getting better each week. They rate to be a great team to back in the bowl as few teams are still getting a lot better as the season goes and that team will benefit from the extra practices. Most underrated coaching staff in college football. I like this Arkansas team. They are pretty well rounded on both sides of the ball and play good fundamental, physical football. I will probably back away and just enjoy the game.

With u on MTSU and Utah. Against with GT. Thoughts on Clemson? Im not impressed with offense.

Thoughts on Rice +21? Inbet it as i think if it moves, it moves down and i can decide on it. Marshall is fantastic this year bun3 tds? Rice has been outstanding once they got healthy.

I just think their offense is different when Watson is starting. So I think I have value as it doesn't seem factored in. And while it doesn't always translate to defending the option, Clemson has a really good rushing defense.

I am with you in that I think Rice +21 is too many. I sort of decided after getting the 25.5 last week, jumping out to a 14-0 lead and losing by a million that it just isn't worth it for me to back teams against Marshall. Huge conference payoff if Marshall runs the table too with some guarantees to the highest ranked non-power5.

Some more

#319 Pitt +2
#321 Wake Forest +15
#315 California +14.5
#379 Miami Ohio +15
#384 SJSU -10.5

BOL this week Kyle. Curious what you made UTEP and what your thoughts are on that game. I watched a good deal of the WKY gm last week and really thought UTEP played well sans the brutal interception return that changed the whole game.

Totals

ECU/Bearcats over 68
Cal/USC under 72
Pitt/UNC under 70
Wake/NCST under 47
lsu/arkansas under 48
aub/uga over 68.5
scary/florida under 58.5
gasouthern/navy over 63
rice/marshall over 63
nw/notredame over 48.5
mtsu/fiu under 51
memphis/tulane under 47.5

BOL this week Kyle. Curious what you made UTEP and what your thoughts are on that game. I watched a good deal of the WKY gm last week and really thought UTEP played well sans the brutal interception return that changed the whole game.

I made it 7. Clearly they are playing at a much higher level than UNT at this point and the two teams are sort of similar in how they approach the game. I think UTEP is better at the run game and is better on the defensive side of the ball right now as well. Situation favors the miners too.

Kyle- I'd like your take on that Idaho-Troy game. My admittedly perfunctory analysis. i e box scores , comes up with a slight edge to Troy. I can't value the home field advantage as 9 1/2 points in Idaho's favor. Or can I ?
Thanks
bull

#329/330 army/wku under 70.5
#353/354 unlv/byu under 62.5
#350/360 sdsu/boise st under 55
#397/398 Texas/osu under 48

Back