Time to post my week 11 card so far

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
Ok ... I finally had a really good week, managing a 5-0 weekend. Gets me to 55.7 % winners for the year ... only slightly below goal. Lets look back at week 10 bets. TCU- they won this game 37-0 and completely dominated. Not much to add as I did not see a play in this game ( book does not have the mountain or big ten networks ). Washington - This was a pretty routine win laying just 3 , they won 27 -9 but they should have won by more. Game went exactly like I expected as Stanford couldnot defend the mobile qb and simply got worn down as the game progressed. Their abnged up , bad running game could not take advantage of the huskies weakness ... rush defense. TAMU/OU under- This looked good the entire game. Oklahoma scored a td with under five minutes to go and then TAMU scored a garbage td with under a minute to go to account for 14 late points that make this look closer than it was. Guess I had to sweat an onside kick before taking a knee, but this game was what i expected. ULMONROE- getting 4.5 here , I never really felt in jeopardy in the second half and my only real fear was overtime. ULM led by 3 most of the second half, giving me a two score lead with my 4.5. ULM scored a td with under a minute to go to lead by 3 outright , only to allow a kick return for td immediately after. SMU/HOUSTON under- I am still not sure how I won this bet. Both offenses were dominating the defenses and there were 45 points by halftime. Big plays ALL NIGHT long, and blown coverages were the norm. Somehow it went under and this marks the only time this year that i was clearly on the wrong side of a game and won. I said earlier in the year after all those horrendous bad beats that it would even out at some point and I am glad that i have gotten one back. On to week 11 and what i have locked in already and what i am looking at.

Locked In
Rutgers -18
Purdue -4
Colorado -5/5.5 ( do to account balances had to play this at two different books. so half unit at -5 and half unit at -5.5)
TEASER --TCU +14 with Texas-0.5 300 to win 300
TEASER --Boston college PICK with Northwestern +8 300 to win 300
Strong leans
Notre Dame +2.5 eliminated nov 6
Nwestern +1.5 TEASER ADDED nov 7
Tennessee pk eliminated nov 6
Georgia -1 eliminated nov 6
miami fl -3.5 eliminated nov 6
boston college -5.5 moved from talk me offs nov6,TEASER ON NOV7
Talk me offs
Texas -6 eliminated nov 6, TEASER ADDED NOV7
TCU +7 TEASER ADDED nov 7
Boston College -5.5 moved to strong lean nov 6
South Carolina +6 eliminated november 6

Last edited:
GREAT WEEK

VK- why SC this week, why? We can't defend the read option, we don't have enough speed to contain Harvin, its our 11th game in a row, Ingram is going to pose a huge matchup problem for us as our Safties are primarily run stoppers and the LB's are not fast enough. I am most likely going with the Over here. I don't like our chances at all for an outright W.

I wouldn't mind discussing Arky-Tenn, I lean Arky after facing both teams in b2b weeks but lean stronger to the Over

*I know UF hasn't played all that well on the road this yr and SC did take them down 2 yrs ago at home and lost by 1 point last yr but we don't have it right now. Could just be a reaction to last week but we looked slow and we just are not there. For the 2nd week in a row the opposing team fumbles and gains 20+ yards to set up a score on the next few plays. Seems like Blake's passes are always inches away from a big play TD as well (WE RAN THE SAME PLAY TWICE IN A ROW AND HE MADE 2 BAD THROWS TO 2 OPEN WR'S) Maybe this is the week everything bounces their way but it certainly hasn't really happened yet this yr

Curious to hear your take on NW. I have already locked in Indiana and won't be changing my play, but always interested in hearing the counter argument nonetheless.

Great job last week as you nailed all your plays (ok, you got lucky on that under haha but 5-0 is 5-0!). Always enjoy reading your threads and recap analysis, so keep up the solid work!

Curious to hear your take on NW. I have already locked in Indiana and won't be changing my play, but always interested in hearing the counter argument nonetheless.

Great job last week as you nailed all your plays (ok, you got lucky on that under haha but 5-0 is 5-0!). Always enjoy reading your threads and recap analysis, so keep up the solid work!

bump this question as well since I like Indy

For the love of God do not play UT -6. UT starting LBs suck and are awful in pass coverage. They will get quick slanted and screened to death by TTech. 6 points is a lot in this game. Take it from someone who follows the Horns very closely.

ETG- First agree with you that ark/tenn should be very high scoring. As far as the matchup , Arkansas will have success running the ball vs the vols but tennessee should have success moving the ball any way they want to vs that arkansas secondary. Arkansas coming off a big win at home to south carolina and Tennessee basically has had two weeks to prepare for arkansas do to playing ull last week. Looks like a somewhat similar match up and spot as tennessee had against georgia to me. Would you lay 8 with arkansas at home to tennessee ?????

As far as south carolina -----and there is no doubt in my mind that you know gamecock football better than i do------- I just think there is line value with the gamecocks. Again , assuming just a 4 point homefield edge for both teams this makes Florida a two td favorite at home to spurrier. Seems like too many. It is hard in the SEC to go on the road and blow folks out. I think spurrier brings his best gameplans whenever he faces His old school. South Carolina certainly has some defensive holes that Tebow and company can exploit. This game is a talk me off and I can't think of a more qualified person to talk me off of it than you. Another concern is that it is possible that I have had south carolina overrated for a good part of the year and still may have them a point or two overrated now. shrug. have to go with my numbers though. Mitchell can hit receivers against that florida secondary as well... making a backdoor possible if Florida does come out and dominate. Florida off a dominating road win travels and south carolina returns home after bitch slap from mcfadden/jones. motivation advantage for usc players and we know spurrier brings it when he faces florida. like i said , very slight lean ...

Would you lay 8 with arkansas at home to tennessee ?????

No because of that secondary. You do make a good point though about this matchup. I will stick to the total rather than a side because McFadden/Jones ringing up 300 wouldn't surprise me nor would Ainge throwing for 350.

As far as south carolina -----and there is no doubt in my mind that you know gamecock football better than i do------- I just think there is line value with the gamecocks. Again , assuming just a 4 point homefield edge for both teams this makes Florida a two td favorite at home to spurrier. Seems like too many. It is hard in the SEC to go on the road and blow folks out. I think spurrier brings his best gameplans whenever he faces His old school. South Carolina certainly has some defensive holes that Tebow and company can exploit. This game is a talk me off and I can't think of a more qualified person to talk me off of it than you. Another concern is that it is possible that I have had south carolina overrated for a good part of the year and still may have them a point or two overrated now. shrug. have to go with my numbers though. Mitchell can hit receivers against that florida secondary as well... making a backdoor possible if Florida does come out and dominate. Florida off a dominating road win travels and south carolina returns home after bitch slap from mcfadden/jones. motivation advantage for usc players and we know spurrier brings it when he faces florida. like i said , very slight lean ...

I think the first question regarding the SC bet you need answered is Tebow's health. The extra dimension of him running the ball on this defense is too big to ignore. I think Mitchell will get his yards as well and that is why I am going with the Over in this game, wouldn't surprise me if both teams hit the 30's in this one. Cory Boyd has really played great the last 3 weeks, he still isn't getting the ball enough, but he is making his touches count and the OL is slowly but gradually getting better. Mitchell is inconsistent though, he will make a beautiful pass on one play and miss 2 chances at a touchdown the next time he touches the ball. I don't think you can overlook the fact that we have not had a bye week yet and we just played our most physical game of the yr.

Also I think Urban has some extra incentive to really give us a whooping. In 2 matchups he has 1)lost and 2)escaped with a 1point win. I think we might be due

I don't think you can overlook the fact that we have not had a bye week yet and we just played our most physical game of the yr.

Think this is a great point.

cb, alby .. ill get to nw and texas a bit later.

Congrats on a great week VK. Rutgers would be my favorite play of the week if I were betting.

I saw first-hand last week how Army plays:

2 yard dive
2 yard dive
incomplete
punt

Most uncreative team ever.

Congrats on a great week VK. Rutgers would be my favorite play of the week if I were betting.

I saw first-hand last week how Army plays:

2 yard dive
2 yard dive
incomplete
punt

Most uncreative team ever.

Did I miss something, you done with CFB?

Looking for your thoughts on Cinci-Uconn

Time for me to play my favorite line value game .... "Reverse the Field". I will do this for all my plays and strong leans. I do this every week but i think it is only the second time that I have put it in my thread. lets play.

Rutgers -18. I give Rutgers a 3.5 point home field and I give Army a 2 point home field. This results in a 5.5 point swing from one home field to the other. This would make Rutgers a 23.5 pt home favorite in this game. Short to me , but probably not that far off from where the linesmakers would post it. Using the reverse the field analysis in a vacuum, there does not appear to be significant line value for either team in this game.

Purdue -4. I give purdue a 3.5 point homefield and i give michigan st a 3 point homefield. this results in a 6.5 point swing from one homefield to the other. This would make msu a 2.5 point home favorite over purdue. Not too far off. Using the reverse the field analysis in a vacuum there does not appear to be significant line value for either team in this game.

Colorado -5. I give Colorado a 4 point homefield and i give iowa state a 3 point homefield. This results in a 7 point swing from one home field to the other. This would make colorado a 12 point home favorite. way short. Using the reverse the field analysis in a vacuum there appears to be significant line value for the buffaloes in this game.

Notre Dame +2.5. I give notre dame a 4 point home field and give Air force a 3 point home field. This results in a 7 point swing from one field to the other. This would make Air force a 9.5 pt home favorite to notre dame. SAY WHAT ? Using the reverse the field analysis in a vacuum there appears to be significant line value for the irish in this game.

NW +1.5. I give both indiana and nw a 3 point home field advantage. This results in a 6 point swing from one home field to the other. this would make indiana a 7.5 point favorite at home to northwestern. ummmm wasn't indiana a 6.5 point home favorite to ball state last week ?? must be some line value for nw here. Using the reverse the field analysis in a vacuum there appears to be atleast some value on the wildcat side.

Tennessee pick. I give both arkansas and tennessee a 4 point home field advantage. This results in a 8 point swing from one field to the other. This would make arkansas a 8 point favorite at home to tennessee. No way. Using the reverse the field analysis in a vacuum there appears to be significant line value for the vols in this one.

Georgia -1. I give Georgia a 4.5 point homefield and i give auburn a 5 point home field. this results in a 9.5 point swing from one home field to the other. This would make auburn a 8.5 point home favorite over georgia. We would never see that. Using the reverse the field analysis in a vacuum there appears to be signifcant value in the line for georgia in this game.

Miami fl -3.5. I give miami a 4 point home field and i give virginia a 3.5 point homefield. I also give virginia a road subtraction of one point. This results in a 8.5 point swing from one homefield to the other. This would make Virginia a 5 point home favorite to miami. I think we would see a 2.5 or 3. Using the reverse the field analysis in a vacuum there appears to be atleast slight value in the line for the canes in this game.

Again, this is just a quick tool to use for spotting some value. It does not take match up , spot situations , trends , weather factors etc etc into consideration. Use it for what it is worth , but i do suggest using it before you place a wager as a wide discrepancy against what you are thinking of betting should be a sign that you at a minumum should recap the game.

promise will get my thoughts on texas and nw in here soon

Last edited:
Did I miss something, you done with CFB?

Looking for your thoughts on Cinci-Uconn

Don't want to derail the thread, but yes, I'm done for the season. Concentrating on CBB now. Lines have gotten tight and I am losing confidence - decided to get out while I still had profit.

Will have my thoughts on the Cincy game up tomorrow. :cheers:

GL the rest of the season.

Great week you had Kyle. If/when you play ND I'd hold out and see if a +3 pops up somewhere. Not sure if it'll happen, but definitely worth trying to find.

ok. i see indiana appearing on a ton of good cappers cards this week and i cannot figure out why for the life of me. How in the world can you lay points with indiana on the road in conference ?? History is really against you in this scenario.

-indiana is 2-21 straight up in their last 23 conference road games.

-they have been outscored over that 23 game span by an average score of 18-40.

-their two wins on the road in conference over the last 23 games was at iowa this year and at illinois last year. They were outgained by illinois 389 to 426 in that game. They were outgained by iowa in their lone conference road win this year by a margin of 395 to 428. They were also out first downed by a margin of 17 to 22 in that game as well.

- They have lost to northwestern each of the last 3 times they have met in the last 5 years.

-in fact they have not won at northwestern since 1993. i dont think bill clinton had even met monica lewinsky yet.

-in conference play this year indianas defense has given up atleast 20 first downs in EVERY game.

-they hae been out first downed by an average margin of 23.5 to 18.6 this year in conference. It is even worse on the road.

-in fact , they were even out first downed by ball state last week.

-in indianas 5 wins this year they have faced a team with either a terrible scoring offense or a terrible scoring defense, or both with the exception of ball state.. minnesota -- scoring defense 112, w michigan scoring defense 95, Akron scoring offense 106, iowa scoring offense 111. Ball state has a scoring offense ranked 41 and a scoring defense ranked 68.

-to go along with indiana struggles on the road you also have a nw team that performs decently at home. The lone game that they were outplayed at home was vs nevada. nevada had a 30-18 fd edge and a 541 to 431 yardage edge.

-In EVERY other home game NW out first downed and gained their opponent. This includes teams like michigan and iowa. first downs and yardage differentials at home are listed below in games in evanston this year.

FD and YARDAGE margins in Evanston 2007
vs nevada nev 30 fd nw 18 fd, nev 541 yds nw 431 yds
vs duke duke 15 fd nw 25 fd , duke 309 yds nw 506 yds
vs michigan mich 21 fd nw 22 fd , mich 380 yds nw 417 yds
vs minnesota minny 26 fd nw 28 fd , minny 580 yds nw 589 yds
vs iowa iowa 18 fd nw 24 fd , iowa 369 yds nw 393 yds

team that under achieves on the road vs a team that over achieves at home in my mind.

-Now Indiana has struggled more against power running games. see contests vs illinois, mich st , wiscy , iowa and penn st. They tend to match up much much better vs finesse teams. see contests vs minnesota, ball state and western michigan. I consider nw more of a finesse team. The match up of styles offense vs defense and defense vs offense respectively is a slight edge for hoosiers in my mind. This is why I have not bet this yet.

I just cannot fathom the infatuation of laying points with this indiana team on the road vs an average if not decent home team in northwestern. Anyways , these are some of the reasons I am considering nw this week.

Woody -- :cheers:

jpicks -- thanks bud. I am definitely waiting IF I decide to play the irish. ALL the money is coming in on air force , so i might as well wait ... 3 will be there if it isn't now and who knows .... maybe a 3.5 by kick. Need to make sure i get the qb starting that i want in this one so it will be a late week decision for me one way or the other.

pags -- thanks pags.... on three favs ..... know you prefer dogs .... hope these are not games that you see any dog value hehe.

Dmoney -- loved your threads this year. always informative and great write ups. One of the best cappers around at getting the good numbers early and you seemed to predict the line moves with incredible success. I think you are probably leaving money on the table as you are a winning player but you know better to do with your own money than i do. grats on the profitable year.

albyman -- late with my thoughts on texas but again ... i promise to get them in here. really surprised by the hate this team is receiving this year across the board from texas haters AND texas fans. will address my thoughts on that as well when i get to that game. sorry for being late with those promised thoughts.

CB - grats on your perfect saturday as well bud. having another great year. Do not like your indy play this week though but wish you luck on it unless i pull the trigger on NW.

ETG -- seems a lot of smart money likes indiana as well. I would like to hear why people like them in this spot. Been looking closer at the florida/usc game ... including your thread and i am liking this match up less and less. this will likely be a no play for me.

kyle- kudos on your Washington play saturday.
As u know, I lost on Stanford so I'm glad a good guy cashed some $$.
Nice week 4 u :tiphat:

Nice call on TCU last week kyle. You hit that one exactly.
Hey I really like how you analyze games with the reverse the field method. That's a very interesting perspective and a great way of finding hidden value. GL this week bro.:cheers:

Nice week VK!

I personally LOVE BYU this week. Essentially, if you're taking TCU in this game, you're putting stock into them being the team they were last game rather than the team they've been all season. To me, that one game was an aberration of sorts, as they really haven't shown anything like that all year. They've been undisciplined, horrible on offense, and for the most part have just been uninspired. I personally am not ready to believe they're back on track just because they came out and played excellent against UNM.

BYU is an excellent team, clearly the class of the MWC, who really hasn't gotten any attention yet this year and hasn't had a big conference game up to this point. Now they're getting the Frogs at home on a Thursday night game, when I think they're the superior team on both sides of the ball. I think their D can force Dalton to make a ton of mistakes and/or shut down the running game, and I think their offense is good enough to put up some points on that TCU D. Basically, I'm not buying TCU off one good performance and I think they come back down to Earth against this bunch. Don't forget, BYU crushed them on the road last year when TCU was a much better team.

ok before i respond to anyone , i want to do some housekeeping. i eliminated a lot of plays last night/tonight and have updated post 1 to reflect that. If anyone wants reasoning behind any of those games ... why i liked them or why i eliminated them feel free to ask. i wont do a write up on them unless someone is interested in it, save texas as i promised.

From my strong leans i eliminated georgia , tennessee , notre dame , and miami fl. from my talk me offs i eliminated south carolina and texas.

also , boston college was moved from my talk me offs to my strong leans list. Mounting turtle injuries beyond what they even had last week has put this pretty close to a play. ironically had they beaten fsu last week this would likely have been over a td ,,, and i like them more do to losing. shrug.

ok lets get some replies in before i have to type in some thoughts on tech/texas...

Bull - thanks man. Would have felt the same way had you been cashing that ticket.

macdamn --:cheers: still in awe of your macballs play on latech ml hosting boise state. watched that game and it had a legit shot of making you huge money.

lindetrain -- you make some solid points here, and a few i disagree with a little. I think tcu has been a decent team all year but has been a but hard luck .... with both injuries and on field miscues. Played texas in austin VERY tough , probably outplaying the first two and a half qtrs before the wheels fell off. They completely outplayed AFA in another loss and were victimized by turnovers in a home loss to a pretty good utah team. Wyoming was probably the only real egg this team has laid this year and they still had a game tying field goal go off the upright on the last play of the game that would ahve sent that one to OT. Not sure why you think the last effort was an aberration other than it was complete dominance as opposed to just outplaying their opponents. Sure they have been a disappointment ... but only because the standard was so high. I don't think anyone can show me a game where this team was SIGNIFICANTLY outplayed. So on that point , i disagree with you. Now, I agree with you that BYU is every bit as good as tcu is. They have been absolutely dominant at home the last few years as well. I think the thursday night angle you point out is valid as well. That place should be rocking and it should have been the most sought after ticket in the preseason for the cougars. Dalton is always a concern for turnovers but the qb for byu has not exactly taken care of the ball either ( even if most of his turnover woes have been away from home ). I think BYU does match up better to TCU than most mwc teams and that showed last year when they handed it to tcu on the road as you pointed out. But also remember that it was after the two losses to byu and utah last year that rallied this team .... leading them to go on a 8-0 run to finish the season. Also ... there is a HUGE difference between the cougars qb now and the one they sported last year. Last years qb nay well be starting for the dolphins before years end. And while last years blow out shows some match up issues for the horned frogs it also presents a major revenge spot. In their revenge spot vs utah i felt they were the better team but were victimized by inordinate amount of untimely turnovers. The dalton factor you refer to .... Who is it that has been scoring at will on this tcu team ? Without the aid of turnovers only stanford really moved the ball with consistent success against them. Not sure how they did it lol. And for me to consider laying 7 i would want to think that byu wins by double digits .. and while they are capable of blowing folks out at home , and while they are a pretty damn good football team , tcu is just a very unlikely candidate to just get blown off the field. And now they are probably as healthy as they have been all year. Thursday night on national TV at byu is a tough spot .... but it is also a spot that this team can show the world that they are the talented preseason top 20 team that they think they are ... and not the team that has found ways to lose games in which they outplayed their opponents. Have not pulled the trigger on this one, and certainly wish you luck if I do not as I noticed you have already locked it in.

Huntdog -- yes ... quite the bad spot for a msu team that matches up horribly defensively vs spread attacks, plays horrendous football on the road , and is coming off a loss that was their super bowl in devastating fashion. We win.

ramble -- you are on fire dude. wish i had been tailing you the last few weeeks. And ... BC is getting close to a play. very close.

ok a few thoughts on texas tech going to austin to play the longhorns. As you all know , I am a HUGE fan of mike leach but i will leave my bias out of this post. I actually want to rant about something else........ Texas Longhorn Haters. This team has absolutely been bashed by the media, by their long time haters, by their own fans , and on virtually every cfb board you can find on the web. Why ???? I often hear people say that Texas is a fraud , or over rated , or under achieving ..... i dont get this. lsu loses at kentucky ( a tough spot and ku is no slouch but not a great loss ) , they get outplayed by auburn , outplayed by florida , outplayed by alabama .... but they are considered a juggernaut. Texas loses to oklahoma ( another team people refer to as a juggernaut ) in a game where they basically played even with the sooners and lost on a fumble at the five yard line. They lost to an above average if not decent kansas state team by allowing a bunch of special team fluke plays. Those are their two losses. Why the hate ?? They are having a decent season and they are basically doing it without their best offensive player the whole year as sweed was banged up to start the year and eventually his season ended do to injury. They lost one game they should not have and went toe to toe with oklahoma in their other loss. I have heard texas fans call for Chiles to replace McCoy .... i dont get it .... Hasn't McCoy to date had the best freshman and sophomore years back to back in school history ??? When i was in attendance at the red river shoot out i actually heard someone in the fourth quarter say that McCoy needed to be benched .. what ?? the guy had a hell of a game !!!!! This kid has heart and is a leader .. he is a man. ( even if he is not 40 okie state fans ). I think the hate from their own fans is not only misguided it is the result of being spoiled beyond comprehension. it isnt enough for texas to win ... they have to destroy their opponents ... "Come on , We're the longhorns damnit ".... ok that pretty much concludes my rant on haters of this texas team.... lets look at the match up with texas tech.

Texas Tech offense vs Texas defense

Texas has not performed well against the pass this year but this has more to do with scheme than talent in the secondary. The longhorns have dedicated themselves to stopping the run in large part do to facing some great backs and rushing games.... whether it be kevin smith , allen patrick , demarco murray , marlon lucky or dantrell savage. The gameplan has been to stop the run at all costs , and it has succeeded. Despite playing these rushing attacks with these studs at rb , Texas has allowed just 101 yards a game on the ground, ranking them 13th nationally. It has come at a cost .... less men in coverage. This has made texas look like a team with a weak secondary and while it is certainly not the strength of the defense , it has appeared weak do to selling out to stop the run. Here is the thing .... you dont have to stop texas tech from running. In this match up you only need to crowd the line of scrimmage when you plan on blitzing Harrell and smashing him in the mouth. Now lets look at texas tech and the offense that they run. We all know how they spread the field and throw throw throw. Why does it work... well this is a two part answer .... REASON 1 - most teams dont see this offense week in and week out ( spread offenses are certainly getting more fashionable these days however ). It is hard to prepare for in a weeks time. REASON 2-- A lot of schools just do not have the depth at linebacker, db , and safety to defend all those receivers for that many plays ( Tech games have way more snaps than your average game ). The combination of these two things is what leads to Tech dismantling lesser teams like smu , rice , baylor , and the like. They simply dont have enough athletes to match up and have not seen the offense enough to have learned how to defend it. The learning curve is such that teams then fall behind and are forced to throw to try and keep up with Tech. This often hides Techs softness and inability to take a punch in the mouth. Now this years team is blessed with a really good qb in Harrell .... this guy can make all the throws and WR Crabtree can make all the catches. But the underlying problem for them in this game is that if there is one thing that texas has ... it is depth .... and they have seen this offense before. Also note that Texas Tech plays considerably better offensively when they are on artificial turf .,.... they struggle a lot more on grass. This is their only game on grass this year. Do you think for a second that there will be the space in the secondary of the longhorns in this game that we have seen in games when they have to stop a running attack ??? nope,me either. Texas Texh will get their yards and they will likely get some points but it is not nearly the bad match up of Texas Techs great pass attack against texas' poor pass defense that some will make it out to be. In addition I don't think I need to tell anyone about Texas Techs road woes ... especially when they visit austin.

Texas offense vs Texas Tech defense

what a terrible match up for that tech defense . lets look at the tech losses this year ... missouri , okie state , and colorado. First note that all of these are schools that play tech often ( conference ) and have athletes and depth capable of matching up with the gimmick offense. But look at what all these teams have in common on the offensive side of the ball.. balance. They can pass or run and Tech simply does not have a defense tough enough to compete. Texas is certainly balanced and more importantly they are by far the most physical offense that tech has faced this year. The red raiders are very suspect on run defense and Texas has really started to hit their groove in the run game. In situations where Tech cannot run away from teams and hide .... where they are forced to defend physical rushing games (( games they are notl eading huge )))) they foild up like cheap origamy. Also keep in mind ... it is very difficult for tech to simulate power teams in practice ... no matter what players they use to simulate an offense like the longhorns it cannot come close to the real deal .... tech recruits a different type of offensive player. speed guys , finesse guys ... not power guys. you cant simulate power.

I really think everything points to texas winning this game ...

- Home Finale
-tech on grass
-tech road woes
-longhorn history of pummeling teams at home
-longhorn history of handling tech at home
-familiarity of techs offensive schemes for both players and coaches
-physical running game of texas vs tech rush defense
-texas defensive atheltes and incredible depth
-techs inability to even feign a rushing attack, which allows for texas scheme however they want on defense

now with all that said i am not going to bet this game, unless i decide i want to use it in a teaser. What i fearmore than anything .. is the backdoor. Texas tech has that kind of offense and 6 ... 6.5 points are ripe for backdoors. As i mentioned earlier in the thread about a different match up ... i really need to be confident that a team will win by double digits for me to lay a number around a td. Even then ... i prefer to lay it against teams that once i get there ... i am fairly confident they cant backdoor me. Leach , Harrll , Crabtree and company are certainly capable of that. I say Texas by 9.

I added two teasers in what will likely complete my card unless DrBob creates a play for me.

added:
teaser ---tcu +14 with texas -0.5 ( station casinos )
teaser ---boston college pick with northwestern +8 ( station casinos )

Back