RetroVK

This claim is disputed
season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000
favorites 13-10 +1.12 units
dogs 14-13 +3.89 units
overs 2-3 -1.00 units
unders 6-2-1 +3.68 units

ok another good day again yesterday and really feel locked in right now in general. lets look at wednesday ....

baltimore orioles +110 -- This is another one of those plays where if you are backing the white sox , I have to simply question your fundamentals. This is a clear bet on Loewen and the orioles. The white sox have never seen loewen pitch before .... you know how i feel about that angle and it has proven quite effective so far this year .... in addition , loewen is a lefty ..... and you know the whtie sox continue to struggle vs lefties with no light at the end of that tunnel that i can see. in addition , you have a heavy groundball guy in a small ballpark .... which you also know by now that i love. Loewen has given up three ding dongs already this year but only gave up 2 over 30 innings last year. At home last year he pitched very well ......16.2 innings , 12 hits , 3 er. He does not necessarily go long innings though and the orioles used their bullpen pretty hard in the loss to toronto today. Loewen also did not look great in his only home start this year. Baltimore specifically worked their rotation schedule so that loewen could pitch vs the poor cws bats vs lefthanded pitching instead of having to face the good hitting of the jays vs lefties. Should pay dividends here. Now , on the other side of the equation we have jose contreras. As I have said before i like contreras a little bit , especially as a dog because he is a bit inconsistent but when he has his good stuff he is very difficult to hit. The problem here is that he is not a dog ... he is a road favorite. But what I really like is how well the orioles bat against him. They bat .367 as a team vs contreras and virtually all of them have had success against him. If contreras knows this i like it even more since he has been a headcase at times in the past. against baltimore last year he went 11 innings 18 hits 11 runs. He is not a great april pitcher either. Contreras is a groundball guy as well so he may be able to pitch out of trouble with some double plays and K's. This is one of the easiest plays of the year. Win or lose this bet , i know that based on the information available that i am making the correct bet.

san francisco giants +150 -- i know i know ... its brandon webb. But it is also brandon webb on the road vs a group of guys that actually hit him pretty well. The giants lineup bats about .280 off the guy if you eliminate pitcher AB and almost all of the key guys hit him well. Winn , durham , roberts , molina... So the edge for Webb ( and despite the numbers i think you still have to give an edge to webb ) is not as great as one would think in this matchup. And despite the April that Webb has had so far , he is by far a better pitcher in the hot summer months when he gets that extra movement on his nasty breaking stuff. So i think there is a decent chance that the giants could actually scratch out a few runs here believe it or not. Meanwhile Zito takes the hill for the giants and he has actually had great success against the dbacks bats. The dbacks bat just .258 off of him and have only one HR in 89 AB. I think Zito prefers the summer months as well for similar reasons .. the curve will move more. Zito is 0-3 despite not really pitching poorly and webb is 3-0 and pitching like the incredible pitcher he is. Couple that with common perception that dbacks are awesome and giants suck donkey balls and you get a nice little value in the line. Do I think the giants win tomorrow. no.... not really... but i think they win in this spot enough times to make betting zito and the giants at this price profitable.

seattle mariners/oakland A's under 8 -- Why not ? Hernandez has pitched well all year long and has great success against the A's bats in the past. He has given up only one homer in 82 AB and the A;s bat just .256 against him. Hard to expect the A's to produce runs without the longball and oakland isnt exactly a hitters park. The line here tells you something ... Blanton can pitch and especially at home. Hence the small pricetag on Hernandez. Blanton has given up 3 , 2 , and 2 in his three home starts this year and faces a seattle team that much prefers lefthanders on the mound. As a team the mariners bat just .257 off of blanton and he is very solid vs the middle of their lineup. ibanez .222 , beltre .194 and sexson .156. I like the A's bullpen a lot and think the M's while banged up is adequate. Slight lean to blanton here because of the bullpens as i envision a low scoring grind it out type game. Doubt both of these excellent pitchers with excellent histories vs their opponents fail to show up. Gonna take a shot at the under here.

leans ...
rockies +120 -- just like the siruation and the matchup ... quickly .....what we have is rockies hit germano well and righties well ....348 avg off justin. Coming off an embarrassing performance i think they rebound in a better situation. Then you have Redman for the rockies who owns the top of the padres lineup. Germano hot right now and i am not sure i can trust rockies bats.

twins -- hit shields well and Hernandez is pitching well... ... still feeling effects from detroit chokejob ??

only other real lean tomorrow is detroit. heating up and rate to pound lefties and sabathia looks like a pitcher from artie langs beer league right now. will look at it more tomorrow.

gl gang

BOL vk, amazed that you can come up with these write ups day in and day out. I may have to look into that sea/oak under but keep up the good work. youre starting to catch fire.

Eek! SF?
Webb is damn good as you admit above.
ARI's bats are finding their rhythm.
SF plays bad defense, which does not help an already struggling team and Zito

ramble , blue chiip, alex , yanks , renew , bailey , santa , thanks guys.

blue chip -Hear ya ... like i said i dont necessairly expect them to win ... just win at a good enough percentage to make this a profitable bet long term. backing giants against bad pitchers is stressful enough .. imagine what an idiot i am going to feel like when its the seventh inning and webb has given up two hits. Just have to bet where i think the value is even if it is zito and the giants. pray for me brutha.

official plays

san francisco giants +160
baltimore orioles -105
M's/A's under 8 -110

oh well.... a less than stellar day today. 1-2 minus 1.05 units. unfortunately i didnt play any of the leans today .. which went 3-0. hehe.

Giants game went as one would expect it to go most times, got VERY lucky to win the total in oakland , and though the upset by the white sox was not expected in the least , a gem by contreras was the one way that we would most likely lose. lets take a look....

mariners/a's under --ironically the bet with the least value of the three turned out to be the winner. Seattle had a 3 run rally in the top of the first and hernandez did the rest (complete game ) ... very similar to the white sox game in that aspect, early lead was all the pitcher needed. A bit lucky because the mariners left a lot of guys on base in this one with 12 hits and just 4 runs, Really dont think i deserved to win this bet ... i mean there were 20 hits and 2 errors in the game and only 6 runs scored. Easily could have been a loss which would have made for a bad day. Blanton just gave up more hits than i expected. Can't be right everytime and sometimes it is nice to get lucky when you are not

giants -- zito walked the bases loaded , then recorded two outs and the gave up the two out , two run single to brandon webb. dbacks added two more later in an inning inwhich webb reached on an error. Webb was his normal self and was throwing strikes ... no patience from the giants bats kept his pitchcount low and we never got into their bullpen. six hits over nine innnings for the dbacks .. so feel like i got the value pitching i needed ... webb was just too good. this is hardly a suprise. Gonna lose this one more times than we win it and likely in similar fashion to this game... just hope to win it enough times at plus sixty cents to make it profitable.

orioles -- white sox got a three run homer in the top of the first and thats all they needed as contreras owned the orioles bats today. Told you he was capable of pitching a gem , this just seemed like a very unlikely spot for it. orioles were completely fooled at the plate swinging at pitches way out of the strike zone. The orioles only mustered one rally the whole game. tip my hat to contreras .. he had a great game. Hate losing this one because it was my favorite bet of the year. Feel a bit sorry for loewen here as after the first inning the white sox managed just 3 hits and it looked like he struck out thome the pitch prior to the mistake that went yard. Though in defense of the umpire he did call that same spot a ball all day long after that. Always want immediate gratification from making good decisions but the important thing is to not let a bad result effect you.

updated baseball record

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000
favorites 13-11 +0.07 units
dogs 14-14 +2.89 units
overs 2-3 -1.00 units
unders 7-2-1 +4.68 units

Good stuff VK. We both pussied out on the Twins...and Rockies put up a 7 spot late....those were to solid dogs...BOL Thursday...and if today qualifies as a bad day for you at 1-2 ...its 1 lousy unit....will all take that as our "down" days...

thanks nut.

i have many days more crappy hehe. just hated to lose a game that i was almost touting all day on this forum and to all my professional gambling buddies. After line move early in the day ( some of them got plus money on orioles and it went off around -118 , 120 i think ) they were calling me thanking me for the value. Hehe ..... i take credit for being a genius and then its 3-0 before any of us could blink.

i am sure you have gathered from out discussions today how much i liked this particular game.

ah well ...right or wrong it was a loser.

be back later with thoughts on thursday bases.

Back