This claim is disputed
UPDATED BASEBALL RECORD
season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000
favorites 10-3 +6.54

dogs 9-9 +2.23
overs 1-1 EVEN
unders 1-1-1 -0.17 units

ok lets look at tomorrows action and what i like.....

washington -130 --I think this is an important game for the nationals They have lost 6 games in a row and now look to their opening day starter ace to stop it. Perez looked comfortable in his one start at home this year going 5 innings , giving up 4 hits and 1 run.in a victory over the braves. The marlins have not seen much of perez as he comes over from the american league this year and i think that gives a quality guy like perez a big advantage. Hendrickson takes the hill for the marlins. Hendrickson must be one of the nationals favorite pitchers to see ....they bat .412 against him in 68 AB. wow. Also note as a team that the nationals bat much better against lefties than righties. Hendrickson is another one of those pitchers that does not like to go long innings .... the guy hasnt pitched 7 innings in either start this year , nor did he all of last year. When on the road last year teams batted .308 against hendrickson. I don't think a 3 game sweep from the marlins is what the nationals had in mind in their first 3 game sereis at the new stadium and with bad pitching matchups coming up with smoltz/chico and glavine/lannan on the horizon this game just has to be more important to the nats today. ill take a shot with washington here.

braves/rockies under 9 --- I like both groundball pitchers. Now I do have some concerns right now with Francis. The braves have hit him pretty hard and he has not looked good in two games this year , though one was called do to weather. But I believe in him and look for him to bounce back here at home. Hudson I just love in short fenced stadiums even when they have a lot of space in the outfield like coors. He throws strikes and he gets ground balls. perfect for coors. The rockies bat just .238 against the guy as well. There is sort of a reverse of the "junk to stuff" angle here as both teams just saw average stuff from james and redman respectively and now they have to face the opposing ace. I also have two factors that should assist me here. The first is that Cooper is scheduled to call the game ... he has a big strikezone and i consider him to be an under ump. In addition the weather is going to be VERY cold ... so cold that there is a possibility of snow tomorrow. The wind is expected to be blowing in from centerfield at a pretty good clip as well. Without the homerun it is really tough to see both of these teams stringing hits together to score a ton on these two guys Major concern for me would be if the game was delayed after the start and i lost my pitchers but i have to be willing to risk that. take a shot that the cold , the ump and the pitchers keep these bats in check

phillies/mets under 9.5 -- Eaton was impressive in his first start against the reds. He went 7.2 innings giving up 6 hits and 3 runs. This guy was terrible last year but might have been a bit banged up and if he returns to his form from a few years back he could end up being one of the better phillies starters. he had 4 starts against the mets last year and managed to hold the mets to 2 runs in three of those affairs while holding new york to just a .253 batting average last year. Mets send Maine to the mound. Maine has pitched well against the phils .... the current roster bats just .250 and he owns two of the three power hitters as burrell and howard are a combined 6/34 off of him. If he can pitch carefully to utley i think he will have success. Maine is a full run better at home and a full run better at night. He held his opponents last year to a .235 batting avg. ... Maine , despite his bad outing this april , was a great april pitcher last year. There are concerns with Maine ... his first start against the braves he was manhandled and you can never trust him to eat innings ( though he does a much better job of this at home ). We get ted barrett calling balls and strikes and i would consider him to be an under-to-neutral guy so we are not hurt there either. Rollins is out which can only help as well. Take a shot here at the under in the pitcher friendly confines of shea.

rangers -125 -- Millwood is pitching as well as anyone in the league two games in and is a hardluck 0-2 with a 1.29 era. The current orioles roster bats just .206 lifetime with 2 hr against him and that is with a whopping 170 AB !! Good sample size there to conclude he should have success. Trachsel also has success against the rangers who bat just .179 against him and his groundball style works well in small stadiums. I trust millwood more here and prefer the rangers lineup in general over that of the orioles. Millwood should shut them down ... can he be hardluck again ??? the under looks promising but i think holbrook is calling the game and i dont want to fade that guys history of calling overs. not sure that holbrook is calling this one so if he isnt i will likely be betting under in this game as well.

some quick notes on some other games that i wont be betting

reds/brewers -- tough righties are always tough on brewers and harang takes the hill against them at a short price but be careful , the brewers actually have good numbers against him and villanueva is coming off a good start and owns phillips and dunn. Cant bet the brewers against a great righty though.

tigers/redsox --- just a side note on this game .. current projections are that the wind will be blowing out ... just a reminder that this actually helps a knuckleballer. not much of an opinion on this game just thought i would share my vast knowledge of the knuckleball. yes that is sarcasm.

A's/bluejays -- didnt know what to make of this one. The athletics have hit marcum decent and eveland looked good in his first start but no team has a bigger disparity between hitting lefties and righties as the blue jays have. they destroy lefties .. but then they havent seen eveland yet and that favors the pitcher. very intriguing game as a capper but no interest in losing money on this one.

good luck tomorrow gang.

misread the rangers line.... no way i play it at -150. still like millwood to win but no way in hell am i laying that.

GL, VK

actually thought about the fish/nat over. hendrickson sucks...but i can't back odalis either.
think u could be spot on with the rangers as well.

Good Luck with your plays today. :cheers:
The same with Texas. I think they'll win but oo small odds.

fyi....Millwood is now starting GM .1
his day stats are much better than night starts was the reson for the change

nice write up,

Any thoughts on over (9) Pitt/CHIC xtra innings last night and cubs going to Phili next where they will need a bullpen

well chance i thought the same thing yesterday ... bullpens are worn out , not a fan of morris , and pirates hit lefties .023 better than righties. But hill has good numbers vs pirates and morris has decent numbers against cubs so i stayed away. last game of the series too , where i prefer unders. Still the jury on whether last year was fluke for Hill is still out. if you played it good luck.

Well a strange day for me ... mad because i thought holbrook was calling game one .. when he wasnt i should have been on hte under in that ranger game 1. However i also would have likely been on the over in game 2 with him back there and missed that bet as well. So i dont feel too bad about it.

went 1-1 today for a result of -0.17 units.

washington -- florida outpitched them , out hit them , and played better defense. florida left a lot of guys on base or this would have been worse. I was on the wrong team.

under phils/mets --- had to sweat extras but the starting pitchers did their job , the bullpen did their job and bennett behind hte plate did his job.

losing day but not a hurtful one.

updated baseball record

season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000
favorites 10-4 +5.37
dogs 9-9 +2.23

overs 1-1 EVEN
unders 2-1-1 +0.83 units

Back