This claim is disputed
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000
favorites 0-0
dogs 1-0 +1.05
overs 0-0
unders 1-0 +1.00

2-0 after the redsox/A's series. will get my normal tracking up eithe next post or later in this one. heading out the door and while i am taking my laptop , not sure i will be able to post later or not. these are the games i will be playing monday for sure... again i may get a few cents the better or worse of these lines but may not get back into the forum to post them so assume these numbers until otherwise.

Pittsburgh +137 ian snell pitchers listed ( glavine )

houston +145 oswalt pitchers listed ( peavy )
tampa bay -120 pitchers listed ( guthrie )
rangers +175 millwood pitchers listed ( bedard )

quick blurbs , though i think i may have given some reasoning throughout the forum on some of these.

pitt- really just believe that snell is a far better pitcher than glavine at this point in career. opener for pitt so team/bullpen will be rested. atlanta will be traveling back home after showcase game with nats. would like this less if the nats pull off the upset. my numbers made the braves a much smaller favorite.

houston - ill take oswalt at this number in just about any spot. ridiculous line imo. he has pitched better in spring than peavy , i also slightly prefer the astro lineup. oswalt rates to strike a lot of guys out which plays well in a stadium where every base matters. just a ton of value in the line imo so that is the bet.

devil rays - better pitcher , better lineup , and only laying 20 cents though its on the road. value again.

rangers - i like bedard but he is a slow starter and striggling a bit in spring training. even midseason the guy is a master of inconsistency and can throw an incredible gem or a dud at any time. just not the kind of pitcher that should be laying two dollars in my mind. millwood is certainly a decent pitcher. so while i would expect seattle to win here , taking the rangers at plus 175 will definitely make me the money in the long term in this spot.

good luck gang , hope i can come back in later with more info and hope those of you who bet tonights game come out winners !

Last edited:
Your right about Snell, I think the Braves loose their opener tomorrow unless the Pirates bullpen falls apart, and thats always a possibility.

Last edited:
since one of the games has already gone off i am correcting a number from post number 1. dont think people should be editing their posted play posts after games have gone off .... so i guess i shouldnt either.

i actually have the rangers at plus 170 not 175. meant to correct that earlier when i made the pitt correction. so by the time i got my bets in the lines had moved slightly to my disfavor ... happens sometimes. in nay event just want an accurate accounting of my actual numbers.

I guess the joy of playing mistly dogs in baseball is that a 2-2 day can actually be profitable. a look back at todays action

tampa bay -120 -- fell beihind 2 runs quickly before shields settled in. Eventually the rays got to the O's pitching and the bullpen did its best imitation of a bullpen that isnt them and held strong for the win.

rangers +170 -- ironically millwood pitched a gem allowing zero earned runs and bedard worked hard , throwing a lot of pitches before getting pulled fairly early. Seattle bullpen did a good job and ranger bullpen did not. seattke got the deserved victory. millwoods performance i think showed the value of the bet though... as i said i expected seattle to win ... just thought the price was way off.

pirates +137 -- if you dont know what happened in that game you should really go look it up. pirates blew a five run lead in the ninth and then tried to blow a three run lead in extras ... but they managed the win after shaving a few days off of my lifespan. glavine actually outpitched snell in this one ... so feel less good about this bet as compared to the ranger loser as the reasoning behind the value really didnt pan out as expected. ill take the cash anyway.

astros +145 -- certainly feel good about the value as the stros got steamed in this game and i had a really good number. peavy pitched a great game and the stros looked lost at the plate. peavy also knocked in a couple runs to help his cause. Certainly no suprise here ... just thought i was getting a decent price with oswalt .. who did not have his best stuff.... score could have been a lot worse actually.

so here is the updated baseball record

season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000

favorites 1-0 +1.00
dogs 2-2 +0.42
overs 0-0
unders 1-0 +1.00

Like the reviewing of the plays. Great idea in capping.

That Pirates game was crazy to say the least.

Back