RetroVK

This claim is disputed
season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000
favorites 39-41- -10.78 units
dogs 44-49 +4.18 units
overs 10-6-2 +4.05 units
unders 35-12-1 +21.35 units

Ok , I admit that I got burned out of doing baseball writeups. Have not given much reasoning behind some of these picks lately. Thought I would share some tidbits about what I am betting tomorrow....

Orioles/Brewers under 9 +100

Cabrera/orioles under notes

-Cabrera is a better away pitcher than a home pitcher and has been for some time.
-Cabrera home ERA 5.25 , away ERA 3.98
- right handed batters are hitting just .231 off of him
-brewers are hitting just .251 vs right handed pitching
-Cabrera is not in good form right now , mostly as a result of lack of control. Prior to the three games before this start , Cabrera had never allowed 4 runs in three consecutive games since he joined the league in 2004. So he usually does not slump long on the mound.
-The brewers just haven't seen much of Cabrera kendall has 3 AB . kapler 3 AB and Branyan has 2 AB. They combined for 2 of 8, both singles.
-cabrera has a better than 6-to-4 groundball-to-flyball ratio which plays well in miller park.
-cabrera has a decent 1.36 whip

mcclung/brewers under notes

-Orioles bat just .251 vs right handed pitching
-Orioles bat just .238 vs mcclung lifetime , with just two doubles and zero homers in 42 AB. Huff has never seen him.
-McClung is making his sixth start since coming out of the bullpen. He has allowed 2 runs or less in 4 of the previous 5 starts. In his lone bad performance vs the braves he just didnt have his stuff. 6 walks in 4.2 innings there ..... one walk combined in the other 4 starts ... so that seems a bit flukish and as i will get to later , the umpire should help us immensely when it comes to walks.
-Mcclung has a decent whip of 1.25
-Mcclung is getting right handers to hit just .202 and lefties just .263

umpire ( stats from shortline )

-Cuzzi behind the plate
-cuzzi 8.6 runs per game
-cuzzi 2.35 k/bb ratio
-cuzzi 64.08 percent strikes
-important as these two pitchers only seem to get hit and scored on when they also are walking folks. Just an unlikely spot for that to happen

Chicago White Sox -105
-contreras comes in with a 3.24 era and a whip of 1.14
-Contreras has been a pretty solid pitcher away from his own park. 1.30 whip and 3.45 era.
-Contreras has been good against the cubs , the only two that hit him particularly well are soriano and ramirez. Soriano wont be playing. Take out sorianos numbers and the cubs hit just .222 off of contreras.
-If i could pick a cubs starter for the white sox to face it would be marquis.
-Soft throwing right handed pitcher. perfect.
-White sox pound him too.
-White sox have a .400 on base percentage against him
-White sox hit him to the tune of .367
-cabrera bats .400
-thome .385
-konerko 429
-pierzynski 333
-crede .500
-quentin 1 for 2
-They hit him hard too. 7 doubles and 7 hr in 79 AB ... thats a homer roughly every 11.3 AB
-Marquis has pitched decent in the day but his home era is 5.13.

Seems like the perfect spot for white sox to me.

Seattle Mariners +160

hehe already tired of the writeup aspect so gonna ramble instead about the mariners.
-Basically the braves are not hitting lhp particularly well right now.
-The mariners may be feeling half decent about themselves for the first time since spring training.
-outside of Texeira the braves that have seen him have not hit him all that well. There are a lot of braves that havent seen him
-despite that he is a flyball guy ( i prefer the strikeout and ground ball guys ) the braves power is mostly from the ledt side of the plate and that should be mitigated here.
-I have backed jurrjens with some success this year and he is rightfully the favorite. I just think this price is too high.
-wegner is one of the few umpires that doesnt seem to be showing a heavy home team bias so far.

I already played all three of these. official plays post incoming.

official plays

white sox -105
orioles/brewers under 9 +100
seattle mariners +160

gl gang

same old story , my sides lost and my under won. 2-1 minus 1.05 units.

Seattle -- they got some lucky runs in the first inning off some errors and only managed one more run after that the rest of the game. The braves were threatening it seemed every inning but Washburn was walking dry in a rainstorm. With two outs and no one on , Gotay hit his first homerun since the first week of last july. Then two more consecutive hits resulted in a run and the mariners were up just 4-3 heading into the ninth. If you can explain what the mariners new manager was thinking in the ninth let me know. all five braves that made a plate appearance in the bottom of the ninth made it safely on base. Braves were the better team and we just didnt quite get lucky enough

white sox -- If I bet against the cubs and jim edmonds homers , i dont expect to win ,...... if he homers twice in a game .... i really dont expect to win ....... if he homers twice in the same inning , i lose and they are wearing mittens in hell.

under o's/brewers -- got out of a few jams but the game went pretty much as expected.

updated baseball record

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000
favorites 39-41- -10.78 units
dogs 44-51 +2.13 units
overs 10-6-2 +4.05 units
unders 36-12-1 +22.35 units

Putz DL and Morrow unavailable just limited choices . Bedard exits early with the injury yesterday as well . Sucked had them small ML as well but also had them +1.5 RL and 1st 5 inn ML ...

Funny part about Edmonds is check his day / night splits . I almost didnt play Cubbies because of him and checked his splits . Like 315 in the day going in and 15o at night ...funny you mentioned that ....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl> G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>AB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>R</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>H</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>2B</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>3B</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>HR</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>RBI</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>BB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>K</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>CS</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>AVG</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>OBP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SLG</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>OPS</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>Day</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>18</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>54</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>18</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>12</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>10</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.333</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.356</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.537</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.893</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>Night</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>32</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>106</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>19</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>8</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>12</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>27</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.179</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.269</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.255</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.524</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

18-54 2Hrs 12 Rbi .333 (1k every 5.5 abs)
19-106 1Hr 8 Rbi .179 (1K every 4abs)

strange ...:shake:

edmonds wasnt the reason the white sox lost ... i was just having fun with the total bullshit of him homering twice in one inning. Contreras stuff was bad today ... it has been bad for a few starts .. in the past he has rebounded and/or corrected it .. today was a different story.

My problem with bringing batista in is that this guy hasnt pitched on consecutive days since 2005. And when do you choose to do it ?? holding on to a one run lead .?? an away save situation ?? There is no way there wasnt a better option for the mariners there. The game hurt me because at that price it was a 2.70 unit swing for me but i hold no illusions ..... the braves deserved to win today ... the mariners offense did nothing.... the braves stranded guys all day long. I just think the decision here was terrible ... let me expound on this because i think the new manager has now made bad decisions in consecutive games.

In the game where bedard "got hurt" the mariners brought in corcoran to pitch , which is fine i suppose ... but the pitcher was due up in the top half of the next inning batting third. The first two runners get on first and third no out and corcoran is bunting. The inning resulted in no runs btw........... so i say ok ... i think in that situation that you bring a guy in for one inning and then bring in long relief the next inning after you PH for pitcher. But fine ,,,, he decided he was going with corcoran , right ?? WRONG !!!!!! he pulled corcoran the next inning anyway. just terrible. So as the new manager of the M's this guy has made two very questionable decisions already as far as i am concerned. The other day it did not end up costing his team the win ... today it likely did.

Nah I agree VK. These guys are idiots . I just kinda new Batista would close if it came up as he was the only guy that had done it really. To further your question why did he use Batista in a 10-2 game in the 1st place. Riggelman has managed since 1999 . Funny you mention the mismanagement of the pen. Had a similiar issue with randolph in the sunday game they blew vs SD . Mets were leading had 2nd and 3rd 2 out top 5th Pedro had strugged already 90 pitches through 4 . His spot comes up think 5-3 game and he doesnt PH. Of course Pedro makes out . He throws a scoreless 5th and then gets lifted ! How stupid ! He passes up PH for him so Pedro could pitch the 5 th inning ? These guys are idiots ...

As for Contreras I say it everytime he pitches dude is streaky like none other and only in 2 extremes awesome and not good ....thats 3 not good in arow now after the good run...

To further your question why did he use Batista in a 10-2 game in the 1st place.

Great point.

Back