Time to post my may 22 baseball ( enter at own financial risk)

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000
favorites 35-32 -3.58 units
dogs 34-27 +14.20 units
overs 6-5-2 +1.00 units
unders 26-9-1 +15.80 units<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

ok ... a few bad days running for me financially in sports , hopefully a lot of reasonably priced quality pitchers can earn me some dough today.

royals ---Do you think if they played this situation a hundred times that you would lose money long term on the royals ?? me either. Bannister has not been that great on the road this year but he has given up 2 er or less in five of his 9 starts this year. I can take a gamble on that kind of pitcher at a price. I am getting a pitcher with a 1.16 whip vs a pitcher with a 1.23 whip at that kind of price. Royals bat .290 off dicek in limited AB , Bosox bat .273 in a similar number of AB ... Realize that boston is pretty formidable at home and that their lineup is not just superior to the royals but also in better current form. But this line is ridiculous.

dbacks -outside of cantu seeing haren 11 times for 3 hits , the rest of the team has not seen him ( 0-5 ). Tough guy to get a handle on if you have not and he has been a very consistent guy to start the year. Whip is under 1 and no reason to think that he gets pounded here by a group that will take a trip or two thru the lineup before they get a good look. Even then , Haren is tough to hit. Meanwhile the dbacks are 14 of 37 off of olsen. in his start against the dbacks last year he went 5 innings ,, gave up 11 hits and 7 er while walking 3. Pitching better this year so far but this a likely place for a hiccup.

reds -- Harang is tough enough to hit when he is in great american ballpark but this would be his dream stadium to pitch in. As a flyball guy , you have to like his chances to shut down the padres offense. padres bat under .200 vs this guy in a pretty large sample size. He is a consistent pitcher and has been hardluck so far this year. 1.14 whip is nothing to sneeze at and i consider him to be one of the better pitchers in the entire national league. meanwhile wolf sports a 1.41 whip and the reds bat .277 off the guy over a pretty good sized sample. reds are pretty bad on the road but this looks like a good spot.

mets -- When a team needs to stop the bleeding , who better to do it than arguably the best pitcher in baseball. I rarely get to bet on this guy because he is usually very overvalued but this price is reasonable. 1.12 whip and pitched well earlier this year in his start in atlanta ... 7 innings 7 hits 1 er. braves , like most teams have not hit him well with 22 hits in 100 AB. A lot to like about hudson too. 1.07 whip but ....... check out how the mets hit him ...
beltran .339
delgado .309
reyes .277
wright 239
easley 318
church 286
alou 412
anderson 385
combined including 1 of 16 from pitchers , they bat .283 off him as a team.

i can take my chances with santana here at this price.

indians - going to step in front of the white sox train today and possibly get run over. Laffey has just been hell on wheels to start the year and has made me some money hehe. he has a 0.86 whip and has not given up a run in any of his 21 innings pitched this month. First away start of the year so will be interesting to see how he handles that. I watched Buehlres last start in san francisco and while his stat line may look decent his stuff wasnt. He was serving up lollipops but the giants were unable to take advantage. Several of the indians hit buehrle really well and they rocked him earlier in the year when he went 1.2 innings allowing 7 hits and 7 er. Whip for the year is 1.54 and his stuff has been below mediocre now for the first two months of the year, especially his last three starts. White sox are hot right now , laffey untested on the road , so there are some concerns but this has to be worth a shot.

pirates --gorzelanny comes in with a less than stellar 1.72 whip , ,mostly due to walking people. Very difficult guy to hit when he is right and the brewers have struggled mightily vs him in the past. In 78 AB they bat just .231 off him , with just two dingers. Weeks is 0-9 , hart is 2 of 13 , fielder is 3 of 12 , hall is 1 of 10 , so have to like his chances at recording enough outs here. 3 of his four home starts have been decent and he seems to have better control the last two starts. And thats what it comes down to with this kid. If he doesnt give it away ... gonna be tough on the hitter. Bush is the kind of guy that i wouldnt like to lay road chalk with. he has a 1.42 whip and has gotten rocked in each of his last two road starts , though to far superior lineups than what he sees today. In his four road starts this year he gave up 6 at the cubs , 3 at the cards , 6 at the marlins and 5 at the bosox. Prove it.

Betting all of them and will be back in a bit with my official plays post.

when i said laffey has not given up a run , it should read earned run. he has given up two unearned this month.

royals ---Do you think if they played this situation a hundred times that you would lose money long term on the royals ?? me either. Bannister has not been that great on the road this year but he has given up 2 er or less in five of his 9 starts this year. I can take a gamble on that kind of pitcher at a price. I am getting a pitcher with a 1.16 whip vs a pitcher with a 1.23 whip at that kind of price. Royals bat .290 off dicek in limited AB , Bosox bat .273 in a similar number of AB ... Realize that boston is pretty formidable at home and that their lineup is not just superior to the royals but also in better current form. But this line is ridiculous.
:shake:

Money is bad mmmmmmmmkay
south-park-20070306115011923.jpg

indians - going to step in front of the white sox train today and possibly get run over. Laffey has just been hell on wheels to start the year and has made me some money hehe. he has a 0.86 whip and has not given up a run in any of his 21 innings pitched this month. First away start of the year so will be interesting to see how he handles that. I watched Buehlres last start in san francisco and while his stat line may look decent his stuff wasnt. He was serving up lollipops but the giants were unable to take advantage. Several of the indians hit buehrle really well and they rocked him earlier in the year when he went 1.2 innings allowing 7 hits and 7 er. Whip for the year is 1.54 and his stuff has been below mediocre now for the first two months of the year, especially his last three starts. White sox are hot right now , laffey untested on the road , so there are some concerns but this has to be worth a shot.

This line looks suspect. I think the Tribe wins, but I cannot pass up all angles pointing toward ChiSox

official plays post

reds -120
pitt -104
zona -130
mets -122
royals +190
cleveland -120

not the best numbers i have gotten this year but we usually get the best of the number. Been that kind of last few days. Think i arguably have the better starter in every game ( dicek ? ) and net out 6 cents of laid juice.

you been tearing it up.

i have not been of late.

i sort of have to hope you have a bad day in way. lol

Honestly I think if you played this situation out 100 times at Boston in a day game you would be TOTALLY crushed. Boston without question the best home day team in baseball possibly in history.

Currently I believe they have 1 home loss in the day. Probably 2-3 more remainder of the regular season.

. Boston without question the best home day team in baseball possibly in history.

this could be true.

but i dont think they win 65 out of 100 times. And i absoulutely dont believe they win 75 times out of a hundred times which is what it takes to get crushed at this number. Extrapolate that out over a season and you would have boston finishing with 122 wins ( all games at home ) or 61-20 at home. Against another teams ace ? really ?

Great day game team but match up wise they are often up against much worse than the other teams staff ace.

agree to disagree.

ok .... 1 win 5 losses for another beat down. minus 4.92 units. brutal run. on the wrong side tonight. Suppose i miscapped the games because i lost them all in the ways i felt least likely to occur and my winner was the game i liked the least.

updated baseball record

season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000
favorites 35-36 -8.50 units
dogs 35-28 +14.20 units
overs 6-5-2 +1.00 units
unders 26-9-1 +15.80 units

Back