This claim is disputed
season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000
favorites 20-20 -3.17units
dogs 27-18 +15.45units
overs 3-5-1 -2.00 units
unders 15-5-1 +9.33 units

ok i have spent a lot of time capping tonight. A LOT. So my writeups are
going to be brief. In addition , I have not capped two of the games yet at all. Some of these seem a bit obvious to me so that always worries me. Here is what i like so far .........

Cubs --- I am a huge fan of Adam Wainwright. I think he is a great pitcher and plays with heart. But I hate him when he sees the cubs. They just pound the crap out of Wainwright when they see him. I mean everyone in the lineup seems to see him well. They bat .329 as a team vs him. The cubs are annihilating right handed pitching so far this year. Sometimes i dont like a team after a heartbreaking loss like the cubs had yesterday ..... but here i do like them. Hill is taking the mound for the cubs and unlike wainwright he has historically shut down the opposing bats. The cubs bat just .233 off him with an obp of .283. Wrong team favored here. played this already at +110 so it will appear in my official plays post tomorrow.

marlins ---This is a phenomenal situational spot for this bet. San diego had to fly from california all the way to philly for games on the 29th , 30th and 1st and now have to fly all the way from philly down to florida with no break. BRUTAL. And guess what they get to face ? A team that is starting its second consecutive home series after being swept in its last home series. It doesnt get much better than that to me situationally. There is more to help us though. Hendrickson owns the padres bats. They are 13/84 lifetime vs him. read that again ... that is domination. The padres as a team are batting .201 vs lefties so far this year. Seems a strange place to fix that problem. Germano has been awful his last two starts and the marlins bat .282 vs righties so far this year. They have not really seen Germano which is always a concern .... but i couldnt back this guy in an under the way he is pitching right now ... the play is straightforward and meets almost every other criteria i set for a bet. nothing is a guarantee in sports .... humans are difficult to predict but this game lines up beautifully from a handicapping perspective. i played this at -120 earlier tonight and you will see it in my official plays post tomorrow.

baltimore/angels under -- hate doing this without knowing the umpire but we will get to that later. Really have two stud pitchers in a big park that have had success vs the opposition. Baltimore has a long long flight after yesterdays game for this one in california , so i wouldnt expect the best effort from their bats. But you can expect it from Guthrie. He has allowed 3 er or less in all three away starts this year and has good history vs the angels. They bat just .182 off guthrie in 44 AB. He has been a bit hardluck and has yet to post a win for his efforts this year , so i expect him to be motivated as well. Weaver takes the mound for the angels. The orioles also bat under .200 vs him as well. He is currently pitching in good form and after last nights debacle i expect him to pitch strong here for the angels. I have a slight lean to the orioles at this price as well ,,,,, since i see a low scoring game where a few key hits will decide it. But i prefer the under. i played this already at 8.5 -110. There is a chance however that if i get a really bad umpire that i may jump ship on this one. i dont think the total goes anywhere but down so i locked it in.

those are the three i have already played. i have more that i like and two games that i havent finished capping yet. be back with more.

GL VK. Definetly lied both Cubbies and Marlins at 1st glance so it seems I will be on these 2 especially since you agree...tough to pass up on that UNDER in LAA as well.....

yeah nut ... always worried though when stuff lines up that well and the prices are like this ... makes me feel like a sucker when i am on the obvious.

yeah nut ... always worried though when stuff lines up that well and the prices are like this ... makes me feel like a sucker when i am on the obvious.

I feel that way as well times. I guess here I would question how obvious these really are?

On the surface I would think one jumps at the chance to back Wainright at this price seeing how much better he has pitched then Hill to this point. Not to mention all the angry Cubbie backers who probably want to fade the fuck out of them today after blowing thursdays game. I would be shocked if we saw more Cubs flow tmrw then STL actually...
:shake:
Really the same applies in FLA. How many people actually wanna make them after getting swept at home vs LAD? Would guess alot of people burnt when Olsen got shelled and some even prefered Miller before that. So that coupled with SD still getting respect ..they basically closed at even moeny past 2 days vs a much better Philly team and won 4-3 and showed well losing 3-2...so would be shokced to see alot more FLA money here as well....

yeah i guess.... lets win it no matter where the public puts its money.... since i am locked in already hehe

nice vk... definitely looks like a few solid plays here. I haven't really jumped into this card yet but nice to read through some thoughts before doing so.

BOL today

GL Kyle, love the Fish tonight for all the reasons you wrote out. Leaning strong to the Cubs, I'm very close to making that a play.

Best of luck man.

Hope you have winning day save the Cubs play..:cheers:

Wainwright is coming off a 130 pitch CG.. This will be a good opp for the Cubs to get to him---don't think they will though;)..

haha thanks tee.

hope you get lohse over lilly and wellemeyer over marquis to win your series bet ... hehe. dont get it started with a win tonight.

Im going to add a little confidence to your Balt/Angles play here.

When the losing team scores 3 runs or less between these two, they stay under.

Youre on the right side...:shake:

ok another good day today.... 2-1 plus 1.00 units. We won every play we should have and lost every play we should have today.

marlins --- scored in the bottom of the first and pretty much rolled from there. Two Uggla homers and a 5 run lead gets us an eventual 6-4 win.

cubs -- Went nothing like i expected and for a second i thought i might win this in bullshit fashion. At one point in the game our 1-6 hitters were 0-17. Wainwright showed again why i like him so much. He just trusts his stuff and throws strikes. The good news was that our starting pitcher never allowed a hit. The bad news was he walked four guys in two thirds of an inning and was pulled. Cards left opportunities all over the field tonight but had just a two run lead heading into the ninth. Soriano hit a two run blast and we went to extras. Schumaker hit a two run bomb of his own though and the cards won 5-3. I was on the wrong side here as the game played out.

balty/angels under--- only 15 hits in the game and notmany free passes that were not intentional. Strange game as neither team missed many clutch hits when they had the chance. Dodged a bullet in the bottom of the ninth when the angels failed to get what would have been a game losing run for me with a man on third with one out. rivera popped out and then willits popped out and we cash at the window.

updated baseball record
season record to date:
future - reds over 77 wins 1150 to win 1000
favorites 22-20 -2.17units
dogs 27-19 +14.45units
overs 3-5-1 -2.00 units
unders 16-5-1 +10.33 units

Back