unders 20-21 - 1.95 units
totals pushes : 1

overall -1.23 units

pending nats series +140 trail 0-2 --two units

two unit recommendations

sandiego padres +148

one unit recommendations

pittsburgh pirates -104

padres -- i realize that young has had some struggles in dodger stadium in the past but going back through that i found a lot of early start times. Stadium plays different in the day. I am not a believer that after a decade in the league , wolf has somehow suddenly got great stuff. i like that it is second consecutive night for seeing a lefty. Stadium plays well for flyball pitcher at night and young has continued to be very hard to hit again this year. Biggest concern here would be timmons because as i have stated before the easiest way to beat young is to draw walks and either hit a ding dong or run his pitchcount up to get to the bullpen. price on the game is just ridiculous.

good luck

Good number on the Pirates.

Dodgers speed would concern me with the 2nd bet - does SD not put Hundley behind the dish to try to compensate?

good luck to us naw.

dmoney -- yup the speed is a definite concern and comes into play with already expressed concerns involving control and the umpire. Despite his poor hitting vs lefties so far , the padres keep running hundley out there against lefty starters ( including last time they faced wolf this year ...0-1 drew two walks ) so i would expect him in there again but they could go either way.

thanks renew.

It's billingsley hosting gaudin tomorrow on getaway day so this has to be the game that padres go balls to the wall to avoid the sweep.

You might be right on the Padres. At any rate you are on a side I like. The BOOKS. Still thinking but I may tail this.

Good luck today Kyle, sorry we were unable to go through the card. I looked hard at the Padres, and that is the only side I could bet, but in the end concerns about Padres form, Young's history at Dodger stadium. My gut tells me this is a game where I take San Diego and then I get ratfucked.

Definitely like Pittsburgh though about playing it for 2 units. Ohlendorf in great form and Micah Owings is bad and even worse on the road. I could not understand the line, but was able to rationalize it a little when you look at the Reds current form and the Pirates current form. Line still scares me a little, but I have to play Ohlendorf +money at home vs. Owings.

glad to see tuck and sirwin kind of like the pads too.

i sent ya a pm when i got in last night but you must have gone to sleep early ..cough cough.

ADD

detroit tigers -105 one unit

i also have a position there if it lands detroit by exactly one run but i wont bore you with it.

glad to see tuck and sirwin kind of like the pads too.

i sent ya a pm when i got in last night but you must have gone to sleep early ..cough cough.

ADD

detroit tigers -105 one unit

i also have a position there if it lands detroit by exactly one run but i wont bore you with it.

GL on it. I see something I don't like VK with the Tigers. I would play Cleveland but I won't since I am on Pitt with you. GL on it.

Well, i learned something today and it wasn't good news. It seems that at a lot of books , a 4 game series is graded after the first three games. Thus my nationals two unit bet was graded a loser at the book where i placed the bet. The rules were clearly stated in the book that i bet it in but my ignorance didn't even consider this possibility. So regardless of tomorrows outcome , that bet is a loser. A little upset but just at myself. what a pisser. For what it's worth , i would have made that bet anyway.

Also regal ransom couldn't get it done today.

Also a sac fly in bottom of the 8th ruined my win by 1 scenario that i needed in detroit. Atleast they won.

upkeep from the other day

pending nats series +140 trail 0-2 --two units ...loser -2.00 units
pittsburgh pirates -104 ................................winner 1.00 units
padres +148 two units .................................loser -2.00 units
detroit tigers -105 one unit ........................winner 1.00 units

While i would like to say that the padres game was a great value since it went to extras getting that nice price , the reality is that they were thoroughly outplayed , pitched , managed ,and defended. It was an accomplishment for them to get the ball to the outfield to be honest. wrong side and the public that smashed the dodgers collected. My extra innings record is getting pretty ugly but i play a lot of road teams so that is somewhat expected.

nats series --ugh. still love the bet.

pirates -- bullpen made it a sweater.

tigers -- sigh ..bottom of eighth man on third one out up a run and they get the man home .... top of the ninth man on third one out and cleveland fails to get him home .. tigers win by two instead of one. still make some money but miss a nice chunk of change if it had fallen.
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
favorites 18-8 +11.05 units
dogs 18-27 - 13.23 units
overs 2-1 +0.90 units
unders 20-21 - 1.95 units
totals pushes : 1

overall -3.23 units

the struggle continues. On a really bad sports run since football ended.... barely winning money and what i am ahead is from middling/scalping etc and not handicapping. really rough 2009 so far .... pretty sure it is obamas fault and not mine.

Back