dogs 8-8 - 0.37 units
overs 0-1 -1.10 units
unders 2-2 +0.75 units
totals pushes : 1

overall + 4.73 units

two unit recommendations

one unit recommendations

minnesota twins +120

i know my numbers are sucking right now but that is my problem ... you can probably find better.

halfway thru the card and one game catches my eye so far.

twins
- think you can make an honest case for the under here but i have a principle about going under 7.5 in the american league and don't see enough here to warrant moving away from that principle.

- this is a game where obviously the starting pitching is the story. total is set at 7.5 with small plus money on the home dog. These are the situations where you should often expect a one run game in baseball in my honest opinion. As a general rule , the one run game tends to go to the better bullpen and the home team. So i have also factored that into this play

-liriano has been a little bit hardluck in my opinion. he has pitched 11.2 innings given up 10 hits and 9 er but has actually picthed well. He tired slightly and lost control over two thirds of an inning in the game vs a patient white sox club and gave up three of those walks and a lot of the earned runs he has allowed so far this year. so just one walk over the other 11 ip ... so i dont expect control to be an issue. he has gotten very little run support as i think they have 1 run in his two starts this year.

- the bluejays have not seen a lot of liriano and he has nasty stuff to look at so i think he should fair well the first time thru the toronto lineup and that may mean actually playing from the lead for once to relieve some pressure off this kid. Toronto team is just 1 of 16 off of him. Over the last three years liriano sports a 2.10 era , a 9 - 3 record and allows opposing batters to hit just .186 off of him in the metrodome. nice stats , situation and matchup for liriano.

-blue jays have been mashign the ball to start the year but atleast they are slightly worse vs lefties so far. their form at the plate is a definite concern though.

-twins bat just .244 as a roster against halladay if you remove mauers stats , he has two quality starts already to start the year and you know what you are generally going to get when he takes the hill. But atleast they have seen him quite a bit.

-halladay hates pitching in the metrodome as well.. over last three years he has 13.2 ip , 15 hits, 9 er , for an era just under 6.

--so i actually give liriano a decent chance of being ahead after five innings but if not ,,,,, the game should atleast be close for the bullpens when they take over ( of course hallday can go deep at times ) and that is where i feel the twins have a distinct advantage. Throw in the homefield edge mentioned above and i think the twinkies take this game late even if halladay pitches well.

--value , some angles , a home dog and a very public pitcher ont he opposing side ... really not inclined to throw two units on this so just gonna roll with one unit and hope the twins scratch a few across... type of game that will give you ulcers if you sweat it i think but it is the proper side in my opinion.

might have more later.... really supposed to be going out to work right now but i dont feel like it.

good luck everyone

I was looking at Over 7.5 +100

don't like that myself ... you have to think one of two things if you make that bet ... liriano gives it up or the blue jays pen does.

for me to bet an over i need to feel confident both teams score runs and both of these pitchers are capable of shutdown stuff tomorrow.

not saying not to bet it ,,,, i cant recommend the under either ( though i think a case can be made ).

halladay is the favorite here so the books think this goes 9 innings more times than 8.5 as well so that is a slight ev help for the over.

the twins used the back end of their bullpen today because of the size of the toronto lead so that shouldn't play in too much here either as i would expect the quality guys tomorrow. neutral umpire in my opinion as far as totals ( stats slightly make him over but final scores make him under ).

Reason that happens i think is because he is a bigtime homer ump so most of his games only go 8.5 ... helps me but not so sure he helps the over.

gl if you play it. ...slight lean the other way.

GL, VK. Roy worries me...but even if he's sharp (7-0 against the twinkies LT), there's always that pen sitting there...ready to blow a lead.

thanks ck , yanks

Scary play here ......

Two unit Addition recommendation

San Francisco Giants + 150 --two units zito vs stults

again i realize i got a crappy price .. please dont rub it in.

yummy on paper but at the end of the day it will probably lose. GREAT value in my estimation ... will have info on this game later in the thread.

SFW
icon13.gif

GL Kyle

With you on Zito but no way can I back Liriano against Doc at this price. Looking at Jays/OV parlay as they are mashing the ball right now. Worked out to the tune of $3800 for a 1K investment last night so might as well go back to the well...

GL on the Zito play; I pissed it away on G-Men last night; might as well go back at a price that's about 35 cents too high right now.

Alright quick look at why i like the big dog giants today for two units. I really love this play.

--we are on the public fade pitcher.

--situationally we will be backing a team that is looking to avoid being swept for second consecutive series and this time to the hated rival. Now , i don't advocate fading streaks hot or cold in this sport but the situation is nice here for a motivated giants squad that will be facing the back end guy of the dodger rotation.

--stults went just 4 innings in his start last year against the giants giving up 7 hits and 2 walks but walked thru the raindrops dry as he gave up just 2 runs and just 1 earned.

--giants hit stults. Their roster is 15 for 30 with 5 doubles and a homer against him.

---stults never seems to go innings ... hell in his quality start in his first outing this year he gave up just 4 hits 2 walks and an earned run but still only went 5.1 innings. Going over previous years games , he is not a guy to expect long innings from. Today rates to be another day like that as schreiber is behind the plate .... just see no way this kid goes long even if he pitches well.

--giants are hitting lefties over .300 to start the year so we can expect that to continue here.

--in 246 AB ( large sample ) , the dodgers lineup bats just .228 off of barry zito. In fact , outside of furcal and kemp he has pretty much dominated these bats. I did not figure out when zitos numbers against manny were achieved but those could very well be back when he was a better pitcher in the american league.

--concern with zito first start and how he traditionally does in april

--last september at dodger stadium ...7.2 innings pitched 6 hits 1 bb walk and 1 run given up which was a solo ding dong.

--Over the last three years zito has been an excellent away pitcher and his era is a full point lower on the road over that span. During this stretch he has had a lot of success vs the dodgers and at dodger stadium. 5-4 vs the dodgers , and 3-1 with a 2.73 era in dodger stadium.

--he is another guy that will struggle with going long innings with schreiber back there calling balls and strikes

-- 4.46 era over last three years , .257 batting average against and terrible walk numbers are pretty adequate.

two units gladly and while i think the dodgers should be favored i actually think we have a VERY live dog here with the giants at a ridiculous price.

--honestly ... on paper if you blacked out the names of the two teams and just capped this game out ... if you come up with dodgers -170 , i need you to sit me down and explain it. In my way of handicapping .. i look at past results and compare it to current situations to arrive at what i think is a reasonable price .... i think this line fails and likely mostly due to dodgers being a great team , a public team , vs a team that has treated bettors poorly for awhile now , vs a pitcher that takes more verbal and written abuse than any other in the league almost.

With you on Zito but no way can I back Liriano against Doc at this price. Looking at Jays/OV parlay as they are mashing the ball right now. Worked out to the tune of $3800 for a 1K investment last night so might as well go back to the well...

GL on the Zito play; I pissed it away on G-Men last night; might as well go back at a price that's about 35 cents too high right now.

It's certainly hard to stand in line to bet against the bluejays with halladay on the mound ... it is a hold your nose play there from me. toronto is mashing the ball ... i am likely going to avoid following the game as like i said it is likely one of those games where you get an ulcer sweating it.

tough break on giants bullpen last night. ..brutal. I liked cain at that price last night too a little bit but stayed away thank heavens.

i echo your thoughts on zito tonight .. line is off and i can bet this with clear conscious no matter the final score.

gl mr rex

quick thoughts on pitt total ....

we have two guys who dont ever get strikeouts ... they just dont .. ortiz and karstens are both guys that also dont mind giving up the flyball compared to the groundball. Randy "southpark" marsh is calling balls and strikes .. and that is usually alot more balls than strikes .. that means baserunners ... baserunners without a likely strikeout or a double play to bail them out ...... and the flyballs are in a park that is a good over park in the daytime as well. Pirates mash ortiz , karstens start pushed back with a slap in the face from organization.. concerns are jack wilson not playing and astros having not seen karstens ... along with rather pedestrian lineups ... i mean we are couinting on ten runs from these two vacuum cleaner offenses.

been doing some work with this pirates game and have a shitload of positions now .. ... have under 9 and over 8.5 ... skewed to the over basically at this point as it is getting hammered downward. hopefully it lands 9 for a nice score ...anyways my average price is now more like over 8.5 - 122 after all is said and done ... but mostly hoping it lands on exactly 9 runs scored for a very happy me.

so i am editing post #9 to reflect my average price to be more accurate. you know how i feel aobut the editing of plays posts so just letting you know.

already on the twins, and will most likely be on the giants tonight as well.

nice to hear your thoughts, gl on all your plays today.

been doing some work with this pirates game and have a shitload of positions now .. ... have under 9 and over 8.5 ... skewed to the over basically at this point as it is getting hammered downward. hopefully it lands 9 for a nice score ...anyways my average price is now more like over 8.5 - 122 after all is said and done ... but mostly hoping it lands on exactly 9 runs scored for a very happy me.

so i am editing post #9 to reflect my average price to be more accurate. you know how i feel aobut the editing of plays posts so just letting you know.

Wow, nice hit bro! :cheers:

Great stuff VK. I've been toying with SF and you make some great points. Might be a late add for me.

Incredible hit with 9 runs in Pittsburgh. Awesome.

minnesota twins +120 .....loser -1.00 units
San Francisco Giants + 150 --two units zito vs stults .... loser -2.00 units
astros/piratws ov 8.5 -122 ...winner +1.00 units ( plus a whole lot more :) )

favorites 6-3 +5.45 units
dogs 8-10 - 3.37 units
overs 1-1 -0.10 units
unders 2-2 +0.75 units
totals pushes : 1

overall + 2.73 units

Was very happy with all of the bets made yesterday. well capped i thought ... giants refused to play defense for zito while the dodgers made some really nice plays. would bet that again in a heartbeat ... stults is terrible btw .. just letting you know cause his statline after two starts s going to look good .. he has no stuff. pirate game couldn't have gone better for me .. raced to 9 and stopped.

Back