dogs 8-8 - 0.37 units
overs 0-1 -1.10 units
unders 2-2 +0.75 units
totals pushes : 1

overall + 3.73 units

Two unit recommendations

One unit recommendations

Cleveland indians -126

Cleveland Indians -126 --- this is on the outer range of what I am willing to lay on the road in baseball but a whole bunch of things line up for this play that I simply cannot ignore.

Going ot use the bullet style again .. Sorry for disorganized way of giving my thoughts.

-- I am not a big believer in ponson but he had a decent outing in his opener vs. the a-rodless yanks. 6 ip 6 hits 3bb and 4 er given up. Drake behind the plate for that one so that helped ponson cause.

--Thing is here that we have a major dichotomy between how the Indians have faired vs. ponson and how the royals have faired vs. laffery. The Indians roster bats .429 off of ponson and with reliford behind the plate I think they see plenty of nice meatballs to swing at. Key bats of the team hit ponson really well. The Indians have also tagged him for power. Meanwhile , not only do the royals not hit laffey well but the key bats there are really bad … teahan 0 of 6 , Gordon 1 of 7 , Dejesus 1 of 8. In fact , as a team they bat just .219 vs. laffey and have just 2 extra base hits in 64 AB. Those are significant matchup issues in favor of the Indians..

-- the royals are going to have to prove to me that they can hit a quality lefthanded pitcher. They are batting below the Mendoza line at .198 so far to start this season against southpaws with just one ding dong in 116 AB..

--this game means more to the Indians. I know it is early in the season but the Indians sit at 1-7 and following this game , they have a four game road venue against the Yankees in their new digs. … and the pitching matchups for that upcoming series are projected like this … lee at sabathia ( ouch ) , reyes at chamberlain , carmona at wang , and pavano at burnett … ….. They will be dogged in every single one of those games .. In other words a loss here could mean a 1 -12 or 2-11 start for these cats and I don’t see them letting ponson get the best of them in this spot.

- vs. Kansas city last year laffey went 7 innings , gave up 4 hits and zero earned runs.

--laffey is tough to homer on and the royals arent hitting for power for the most part.

-laffey has really pitched well in kaufman stadium as well.

-likely a world of trouble for this team if they don’t pull this game out , somehow. … I know that road favorites are the antithesis to my normal betting style but when you see a value , you have to take advantage. just one unit here.

i have only capped the morning games so far ,,,, was working late and got home late ... so i still have some work to do ... any remaining recommendations will be made in a different window as this one wont be edited.

good luck everyone

Kyle, I was def looking at adding this game, you saved me time with the writeup, thank you!

Totally agree on the points you make here.

Nice little streak you have going Kyle. Great call on that Braves under LN.

A VK handshake to fading Ponson :shake:

Cleveland indians -126 .........winner +1.00 units

favorites 6-3 +5.45 units
dogs 8-8 - 0.37 units
overs 0-1 -1.10 units
unders 2-2 +0.75 units
totals pushes : 1

overall + 4.73 units

That is it for me today.

Two plays that are atleast worthy of consideration are ...

marlins/braves/miller/lowe under the total --- feel like i lost too much value in the price to play it.

san francisco giants -- getting cain at that number can't be an awful bet but the dodgers are one of the few teams that i dont like how cain matches up really and kershaw is the real deal. .... tempting but laying off.

i capped the whole card so if anyone wants my less-than-stellar thoughts on any games just throw a question in here and we can discuss it together ...or atleast i can share my opinion.

good luck everyone.

Back