Two unit recommendations

Seattle mariners -112
washington nationals +159
philadelphia phillies -110

one unit recommendations

houston astros +122
minnesota twins -120
nymets +131

Lets take a quick peak because of the hour .... i do sleep on occasion.

seattle mariners -112 -- Alright i get it .. outman is a hard throwing lefty in his first start which is usually a nice angle. But i have feliz hernandez as my american league cy young favorite this year and laying just 12 cents ( i bet this somewhere with a twenty cent line :( ) seems like a hell of a bargain. Mariners are playing good baseball right now and hit left handed pitching pretty well. 8 innings pitched 5 hits 3 walks and 1 er allowed in his first road start this year. He loves pitching in tis ballpark as well. Last year stats ... 17 innings pitched 14 hits , just 2 walks , just 3 earned runs and 16 strikeouts. And in 2007 at mcafee 13 ip 9 hits 3 er .... Outman might come out and hurt me here but i threw two units down and say "prove it". Guessing this will be a pretty big square play on saturday and that is a concern as the line seems to be inviting the seattle money. If you watch the game be sure to do a shot of your favorite alcohol every single time one of the announcers makes a pun or joke about Outman's name. two units

nationals -- This looks good on paper. Lannan i have already told you i bleive in and think is a warrior and he is coming off of a bad outing after a bad spring outing ... maybe off form but i dont buy it and given how hot the marlins are hitting everyone maybe he can be forgiven for that start. My buddy pointed out lannan success in turner field as well and it is impressive. Nationals are desperate for a win and let one slip away last night that they probably should have won. kawakami faced some of the nats in the spring where he went 5 innings gave up just 1 hit and 1 unearned run i believe but having seen him once might have given the nats better scouting here. Kawakami struggled finding the zone in his last spring outing and he cant overpower mlb batters. Nats seem prone to the key strikeout and that just doesn't seem to come into play against this guy imo. Might be some added pressure on this fella as well. The line is a joke in my opinion and by far the most off between my projection and opener. Last night lowe was -220 to martis and saturday kawakami is -180 to the nats ACE ?? Not only does that show incredible value on its face to lannan here but i also feel that the lowe line itself was greatly inflated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think nats have a VERY good chance for the win here and gladly take the +159 with a more proven mlb pitching stud. two units

phillies -- i get this line after looking at this game .. de la rosa set a colorado era record for the second half last year .. so its not like he is a bum or anything. And myers got rocked las tyear in his start in colorado , though the phillies won the game. A lot of that damage was done by holliday though and he is gone .. if myers can get helton out he should be able to go a good 6 or 7 yeilding 3 runs or so ...and i expect the phillies to get to delarosa here. As a team the phillies are 10 of 23 off of him with the only real struggler being ryan howard which i would not expect to continue. What i really like here is the phillies ability to make pitchers pitch. That bodes really well for them against delarosa who struggles with pitchcount often. For as well as he pitched to end last year , he still couldn't manage to last innings. I think he started somewhere between 20-25 games last year and NEVER went more than 7 innings and went over 6 innings just once. I find this especially significant for two reasons here .. 1. He played against some very anemic offenses in his starts last year ( which also plays into his stellar era down the stretch ) 2. His struggle with walks and control are based out of a lack of confidence according to several different sources ( espn , mlb.com , rockiesbeat ) ..... It is a formidable spot to test your confidence in your first start fo the year having to face that lineup. Not a fan of the rockies bullpen and i am very confident we get there. Also have a sneaking suspicion that myers shows up though he is a headcase himself. One good spring outing doesn't make me forget about the way de la rosa started this spring. two units.

astros -- pujols and ankiel have hit oswalt but no one else can seem to touch him on that roster. cards hit just .208 off him last year. While a notoriously slow starter , Oswalt is a monster in the daytime. His first start of the year was vs a good cubs club and he went 7 innings giving up 3 runs for a solid start so i am less concerned about his normal early season woes. Wainwright certainly had success against the astros last year holding them to under the mendoza line at the plate while recording a 3-0 record in '08 but he also gave up 5 dingers in 22 ip. Adam strugged in the opener with his control walking a bunch of pirates and i have to think there is atleast a chance that hasn't been corrected yet for a guy who normally doesnt ahve major control issues. Could make a strong case for the under here but i prefer the plus money on a game i feel is a fifty-fifty outcome.

twins -- look at lirianos last game if you get a chance. If in that form again he gets the victory here. Colon is on the mound.

mets -- stepping in front of the train here. too tired to give my bad insight at this point.

best card of the year. good luck boys and girls.

nice thoughts vk - like the nats and twins as well, like the M's too, but the line is scaring me off...started on felix as a small fav and now flipped to outman...

any thoughts on the jays? cliff lee is not good right now...

bol today

nice thoughts vk - like the nats and twins as well, like the M's too, but the line is scaring me off...started on felix as a small fav and now flipped to outman...

any thoughts on the jays? cliff lee is not good right now...

bol today

Possible injury concern with felix today may be the reason.

King Felix's ankle swollen but fine: Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu was relieved when pitcher Felix Hernandez entered the clubhouse before Tuesday's game and appeared to be healthy. Hernandez turned his right ankle twice Monday during a victory against the Twins. Wakamatsu said there was slight swelling but Hernandez should be fine.

i prefer the jays in that game ... i already faded lee in the opener and am not a believer in him and halladay is a marvel to me at this point. But halladay was 0-2 vs the indians last year giving up 8 runs ( 5 earned ) in 12.2 innings pitched and 8 hits. The indians bat .296 against him a year ago. He also struggled in his only start vs theindians in 2007. Meanwhile cliff lee pitched 17 innings against toronto last year and didn't allow a run ..... so even though i think Lee is back to being his normal self and not an elite pitcher .. i still can't back toronto as a big favorite on the road given the splits the two pitchers have vs their respective opponents.

Also would like to make a correction to original thread and i would edit it but i want to point out the error to be clear...... de la rosa didnt go past 7 in any start last year but went over 6 innings 4 times. ( 7 innings 3 times and 6,2 the other time ... somehow when typing that out i didn't type what was in my head and that statement in the original writeup is factually incorrect. )

Also want to make note of the total in the mariners game in relation to the injury ..... if the injury were the reason for the "fishy line" as we like to call them , i don't think the total is released at 7.5 .... I think our forum might be ahead of most in thinking that seattle is a .500 baseball team this year and hence the early line value. Prudence might say play off a unit and make it a one unit play but i am keeping mine at the two unit level.

I sure like several of these--so be careful lol Excellent write-ups and reasoning. Hope and think you do well today!

Love seeing you on the Phillies. The only game that I've really looked at today and while Myers got roughed up in Col last year he has done great there in previous years. Dominating performances in '06 and '05 and pitched well as a reliever in '07. While De La Rosa pitched well in the 2nd half last year much of that can be attributed to the fact that he got to face the likes of the Giants, Padres, Nationals and DBacks multiple times. 8 of his 10 starts from August on were against those 4 offensive juggernauts.

Also want to make note of the total in the mariners game in relation to the injury ..... if the injury were the reason for the "fishy line" as we like to call them , i don't think the total is released at 7.5 .... I think our forum might be ahead of most in thinking that seattle is a .500 baseball team this year and hence the early line value. Prudence might say play off a unit and make it a one unit play but i am keeping mine at the two unit level.

I started to post this in my thread this am, but I couldn't put together a coherent paragraph at 6:30 am.

Yea, the line screams trap, but I would gather the oddsmakers are thinking about an awful '08 M's team, who is on the road without Ichiro against a revamped A's lineup. If it is a trap, so be it--it won't be the last one that I fall into head first.

Kyle it seems that you are onto something good with early line value on the Mariners (and your season win total future) after watching their first series against the Twins. Marrow's meltdown the other night will hopefully be a rare occurrence.

Good luck today BTW.

Love seeing you on the Phillies. The only game that I've really looked at today and while Myers got roughed up in Col last year he has done great there in previous years. Dominating performances in '06 and '05 and pitched well as a reliever in '07. While De La Rosa pitched well in the 2nd half last year much of that can be attributed to the fact that he got to face the likes of the Giants, Padres, Nationals and DBacks multiple times. 8 of his 10 starts from August on were against those 4 offensive juggernauts.

exactly. the bolded stood out to me as well , jpicks. still mad i missed the spurs "big bet" yesterday :(

I started to post this in my thread this am, but I couldn't put together a coherent paragraph at 6:30 am.

Yea, the line screams trap, but I would gather the oddsmakers are thinking about an awful '08 M's team, who is on the road without Ichiro against a revamped A's lineup. If it is a trap, so be it--it won't be the last one that I fall into head first.

Kyle it seems that you are onto something good with early line value on the Mariners (and your season win total future) after watching their first series against the Twins. Marrow's meltdown the other night will hopefully be a rare occurrence.

Good luck today BTW.

lets face it ... morrow wanted to start this year and he is going to have to settle into the role again as closer. He has good stuff and a great makeup mentally as a closer as long as he accepts the role. I think he settles in just fine , it's the setup situations that concern me more.

what marrow meltdown ??? did he meltdown ??? on a side note i had a bet on bedard the other day and know the m's were leading by two runs with two out nobody on in the bottom of the ninth but for the life of me i can't remember how they got the third out ................

where's the Royals?

...i lost out on the PIT total because i lost an entire run from last night not getting a line, so i think i'm on Horacio and no one else

where's the Royals?

...i lost out on the PIT total because i lost an entire run from last night not getting a line, so i think i'm on Horacio and no one else

i have to see their bats wake up first despite thinking they are the value here ...19 hits 5 runs over the last 27 innings against starters floyd , perkins and petitte. Made a mistake betting an over with them last night hoping they wake up the bats at home ( i know against a lefty i should maybe avoid there anyway ) and don't want to do it again when i should expect some production out of the yankees vs ramirez today. They have to show me they can hit before i back the back end of their rotation .. i can still do it with meche and greinke but not with ramirez... do think you have the value though.

Two unit recommendations

Seattle mariners -112 .......winner +2.00
washington nationals +159 loser -2.00
philadelphia phillies -110 ..... winner +2.00

one unit recommendations

houston astros +122 ....loser -1.00
minnesota twins -120............loser -1.20 wow
nymets +131 ...................... winner +1.31

Well , i made a unit today which isn't too bad i guess. Not really seeing things well right now imo as the seattle game was a win but nothing like i expected the game to go and really only liked the way i had the phillies and nats games capped today ( dont know anything about the mets win top comment on that one yet ).

favorites 3-2 +2.67 units
dogs 7-6 + 1.50 units
overs 0-1 -1.10 units
unders 0-2 -2.25 units

overall + 0.82 units

You no doubt had the right side in FLA, VK. And at that price you were more then right to back livan. Somoene i think it was sportsnut, was talking about his success in debut's, and it proved right as he got the W today.

While i still tihnk livan is a gas can, and he had a fair amount of base runners, he did a good job of damage control andf getting out of jams.... and also two big defensive plays by the mets infield as well. one was a DP by off a nice lineout snag by wright.

Nolasco gave up a lot of extra base hits and the mets made him pay. you definitely had the right side there, nice hit bro

thanks captwo .. ... what i mean by not seeing things right though doesnt necessarily translate to which team was the right side ..... i feel when i am seeing things properly that teams are the right side for the right reasons. So for instance today ... mariners were probably the right side ( maybe not so might be a bad example ) but my reasoning for the bet was based highly on Hernandez performing and he did not .... so while it may be the right side and while it cashes .... i dont think it is an endorsement of how i handicapped the game , if that makes any sense....

not saying thats the case with the mets just saying being on the right side doesnt mean that i have necessarily capped a game well.

Back