Time for my mock draft

bjorks

Secretary of Fondy Fanclub
Although nothing to do with gambling, I enjoy doing this. Let me have my moment with the first mock draft of the year.

1-Detroit 0-11 - Matthew Stafford, QB Georgia
2-Cincinnati 1-9 - Michael Oher, OT Ole Miss
3-Kansas City 1-9 - Andre Smith, OT Alabama
4-Seattle 2-9 - Michael Crabtree, WR Texas Tech
5-St. Louis 2-9 - Brian Orakpo, DE Texas
6-Oakland 3-8 - Taylor Mays, S USC
7-San Francisco 3-8 - Malcolm Jenkins, CB Ohio St
8-Houston 4-7 - Michael Johnson, DE Georgia
9-Cleveland 4-7 - Rey Maualuga, LB USC
10-Jacksonville 4-7 - James Lauranitius, LB Ohio St
11- San Diego 4-7 - Greg Hardy, DE Ole Miss
12-Philadelphia 5-5 - Eugene Monroe, OT Virginia
13-Green Bay 5-5 - Vonte Davis, CB Illinois
14-Denver 6-5 - William Moore, S Missouri
15-Minnesota 6-5 - Duke Robinson, G Oklahoma
16-Buffalo 6-5 - Chris Wells, RB Ohio St
17-Chicago 6-5 - Jeremy Maclin, WR Missouri
18-Miami 6-5 - Alphonso Smith, CB Wake Forrest
19-Atlanta 7-4 - Terrance Cody, NT Alabama
20-Indianapolis 7-4 - Brandon Pettigrew, TE Oklahoma St
21-Washington 7-4 - Everette Brown, DE, Florida St
22-Baltimore 7-4 - Percy Harvin, WR Florida
23-New England 7-4 - DJ Moore, CB Vanderbilt
24-Arizona 7-4 - Alex Mack, C California
25- Detroit 0-11 (From Dallas) - Aaron Curry, LB Wake Forrest
26-Carolina 8-3 - Darrius Heyward Bey, WR Maryland
27-NY Jets 8-3 - Knowshon Moreno, RB Georgia
28-Tampa Bay 8-3 - George Selvie, DE South Florida
29-Pittsburgh 8-3 - Jason Smith, OT Baylor
30-Tennessee 10-1 - Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma
31-NY Giants 10-1 - Brian Cushing, LB USC

I think Stafford is a mistake for Detroit. He's good but with the volatility of Qbs taken in the first round, I fail to see where he really stands above the cut and why'd he be worth the risk when the Lions need so much help. I think Oher or Smith would be the smart pick. Both are complete anchors for an OL.

I also think Maulauga is the must have player in this draft. He's incredible and he plays with the attitude you need at LB. If he's available after the fifth pick, teams should be trying to trade up to get him. He's probably the best college LB I've seen in the last 10 years.

bjorks-I'm fairly certain the Eagles get the Panthers first round pick. Nice call on the Titans drafting a tight-end. They love doing that.

May have missed them, I know Detroit has 2 1's now...

It's the republican in me, I don't care about New Orleans!

Carolina's first rounder belongs to the Eagles...

At least for now

Reid will undoubtedly package it along with our own First Rounder for a second, a third and 5 fourths...

:hang:

For what it's worth , i think that oakland goes with best available linebacker , the usc kid or the ohio state kid.

Love Vontae Davis for the Pack. He might be better than Jenkins

i love mock drafts

just dont forget the Eagles acquired the Panthers first rounder this season, incase it changes your selections

Some errors obviously.

Since Al Davis is dead, the reason I have Oakland taking Mays is I think when they see he runs a 4.4 and is the size of a LB, the secondary is a need. OL is deep this year in the draft and they can grab a potential starter in Rd. 2. Based on best player available theory it's Mays. The Tier 1 OL will already be gone and it's too high to take a guy like Moor at 6 if that's where they finish.

Matthew Stafford is projected to be the highest rated QB coming out of college the last 3 years. No way does Detroit with a competent GM and coach not take him.

One player I omitted is Sam Bradford. I think there's a chance he come out despite this being only his RSO year.

I should add, I think Denver if they got a pick in the late teens would definitely try to trade up for someone like Mays. They need secondary help in the worst way and Mays is a stud.

Houston has been saying all year how they need another DE opposite of Mario Williams. If Mays is gone, there isn't another safety this year as of right now who's worth a potential Top 10 pick.

Back