23-18-0 +8.5u
Teasers-0-2 -4u

ML Plys- 1-0- +2.3u
Wk 1 record 5-3
Wk 2 record- 6-2 +8.6U
Wk 3 record 5-4 +.10 u
Wk 4 record 3-4 -1.4u

WK 5 record 1-5 -8.7u:hang:
Bad week- too invested in my Tigers, but all said we still got the W. If not for a couple FG mishaps the covers was there. Kudos to Les for showing the BALLS to go 5-5 on 4th downs. Though we were a little to conservative on D and the F**KING dropped balls are killing me. Too many sustainable drives stopped by guys not using their hands. Still room to improve- Did not see the trouncing of UCF coming, they must regroup in a hurry for the bulls and I think they will. NV finally didn't cover @ home. Miami was dreadful and to say the least- Wright needs to retire. Cincy and the ML were the lone good news of the weekend. Played Boise on SUN and the under to get some change back, but will not add into posted record-
On to WK 6 CFB:
LSU-9 (5u) Gonna ride the train again here. Past performances at Lexington have left us holding our breaths. Russel a couple years ago and Randall in the "Blue Grass Miracle". I think the TIGERS may have learned something about theirselves last week-( HEART and DETERMINATION). The now know they can win if behind. Bottom line Woodson more of a drop back guy, will allow the D to pin their ears back, unlike against Tebow. D causes trouble, O runs through porous UK Defense and the recievers will catch the ball this week- * drops last week(horrible) Not as bad as last year, but Dorsey and company get it done- Look for better offensive continuity and maybe Early will play-
44-21
FSU-5.5(Hook)(2u)- Crazy, but I think Jimbo has found some rhythm, though it be slow. Lee is better than Weatherford and it seems the Seminoles are playing witha little swagger as of late. Like Mickey to control that Wake spread-
FSU-23-14
Cent Fla+12(2u)- Really like this spot for the Knights. I-4 rivalry game, espec since the bulls have that #5 bullseye on their back. O'leary will have the boys ready for this one.
SFL 34-31
Wash +12(2u) Ridiculous line here- Locker and company have played close in all bIG games this year, may even score the upset- Smell a shootout-
Wash-38-35
SCARL-6(3u) SPurrier O vs overated UNC D that just picked Wright off to beat the canes. Line seems inflated toward UNC here, but the Old Ball Coach and Smelly will go for 300+, Boyd for 120 and the USC D too strong for the much too young UNC Offense.
USC-31-10
Thats all for now may add a few more as the lines get juicier-
ARK +3
Iowa+3.5
Miss ST+14.5

Tigator, what's your take on Les Miles leaving to go to Michigan after the season is over? I am hearing a lot of sources saying it's adone deal here in Ann Arbor...but I got to imagine with the sseason you guys are having he would want to stay.

Tigator, what's your take on Les Miles leaving to go to Michigan after the season is over? I am hearing a lot of sources saying it's adone deal here in Ann Arbor...but I got to imagine with the sseason you guys are having he would want to stay.

He's ALL YOURS baby.

I realize this is not directed to me but its signed, sealed, and delivered.
Our fans are rabid and he may be the King himself this week a single loss will have him getting more scrutiny than he deserves. A source close to the family says its all but over but wont be discussed until after the season is over. I will find that hard to hold true when January rolls around and Michigan is dying to know who the coach will be.

It sounds crazy to leave a program at the peak of its existence but the word is not a moment of hesitation will be necessary.
We will miss him but you be LUCKY to have him.
By the way, Knowing you have a job in Ann Arbor likely makes it a little easier to go for it at home ranked #1 on fourth down inside the ten down 3 with minutes remaining.

Doucet is traveling with the team to Lexington, so there is the possibility of play time. I think LSU rolls here, and I am hoping the UK backers keep the line steady or drop the amount of points LSU is laying. I support SEC any chance I get, except for Ole Miss and Alabama football, but I said right after UK defeated Louisville that UK will be overrated for that victory, and I stand by my call. I cashed on SC -3.5 last week, and I plan on cashing again by fading UK.

He's ALL YOURS baby.

Our fans are rabid and he may be the King himself this week a single loss will have him getting more scrutiny than he deserves. A source close to the family says its all but over but wont be discussed until after the season is over. I will find that hard to hold true when January rolls around and Michigan is dying to know who the coach will be.

It sounds crazy to leave a program at the peak of its existence but the word is not a moment of hesitation will be necessary.
By the way, Knowing you have a job in Ann Arbor likely makes it a little easier to go for it at home ranked #1 on fourth down inside the ten down 3 with minutes remaining.[/quote]

I think you could be spot-on with these presumptions...

While I like LSU far more in this spot versus Kentucky than last week I still contend anything over 7 does carry a fairly decent amount of risk. Doucet if he does play will be used more as a decoy than anything. That doesnt answer our insignificant hands at WR issue we will continue to face until Early is back in game form. Our stellar TE needs more involvement and soon. I hope/look for LSU to get a DD lead in the first hand and then a heavy dose of handoff right handoff left to bleed the clock dry.
Expect LSU to overwhelm Kentucky with its depth by the end of the 3rd quarter. I would look for Kentucky to try to keep it up tempo and take shots downfield throughout the game. Which is a concern for our now exposed defense. Are we good? Damn straight we have the best 11 players (as a whole) on defense in the country. However, the option and gimicky run first offense will give us fits. For example, West Virginia would shread our defense to pieces albeit with a healthy Pat White. Im not looking forward to playing Arkansas after what I saw Saturday.
Anywho, Woodson will score on LSU and it will be above the 20ish mark IMO. I just think LSU can hang 35-40 on Kentucky and will eventually win the game by DD. However, the catch with this game is that Miles could leave the backdoor wide open in the second half. If our old defense returns for 60 minutes you got a cover no problem. But if we are sitting on 14 point lead in the 2nd Half be very afraid. Just look back at South Carolina to get an idea what kind of offensive effort we will put forth with a DD lead. My prediction is LSU 41 Kentucky 23.

He's ALL YOURS baby.

By the way, Knowing you have a job in Ann Arbor likely makes it a little easier to go for it at home ranked #1 on fourth down inside the ten down 3 with minutes remaining.

Good post P&G

Any coach would love to walk into the LSU program. Great facilities, rich in in-state football talent without another school to compete over talent with, a reputable program, and existing talent that can continue to win. LSU will most likely lose Miles, but his replacement is what has me reeling. I've heard rumors flying around everywhere from old college buddies to connections with the football program to friends with their father in high places (asst dean). Names mentioned most: Spurrier, Jack del Rio, John Gruden (before Tampa started a great season). I'd like to see what Paul Johnson's mind could do with some real talent, although I question his recruiting ability.

As for this weekend's game with UK, LSU wins by 14-17 pts. I was about to call for a 28-24 LSU win last weekend, but then I thought LSU DL would dominate the LOS, which it did not, so I looked foolish by telling everyone to take LSU minus the points. This week, I am much more certain in my belief; LSU by 14-17 pts, hence covering the 9-pt spread.

If you went on and on about LSU being unbeatable etc. you may have looked foolish but being wrong about your team is something 95% of our fans experienced last week. Had Auburn not beat Florida the week before I think you would have been dead on. Hence, this week we face a team coming off their first loss and an extra two days to prepare.
I would feel comfortable laying 10 but anything more is just a bet.

I DO NOT expect Kentucky to scare us in the manner that Florida did BUT we ARE facing the toughest passing offense yet (BY FAR) on the road.
Combine Miles obsession with running the ball and Kentuckys above average QB and you set up the backdoor opportunity.

The one thing LSU has that most teams dont is a 3rd string that could compete for starting jobs on most NCAA rosters. Therefore, when we look at the backdoor we see that "600Lb gorilla with a chainsaw for a penis" waiting to get some mop up time.

Prior to the Tulane game LSU was playing on a level all to its self.
Ironically, they were grouped in "top tier" with other teams that didnt deserve such a recognition. Now in two weeks time ALL i said ALL of those teams have lost and LSU has displayed its two weaker performances of the year. So while output has decreased the recognition and positive input has increased. Go Figure.

Another key factor when capping this game is that your playing a senior laden team with major revenge after an absolute destruction last year in Baton Rouge. My opinion is if you want to play this game you HAVE to play it now to avoid the -10 or higher because Kentucky will give it their all. With that said I dont see "value" in the doggie until the line hits 14.

Had Auburn not beat Florida the week before I think you would have been dead on.

I DO NOT expect Kentucky to scare us in the manner that Florida did BUT we ARE facing the toughest passing offense yet (BY FAR) on the road.

Therefore, when we look at the backdoor we see that "600Lb gorilla with a chainsaw for a penis" waiting to get some mop up time.

Funny thing is P&G, I pegged the line at LSU -5.5, but I did not want to believe it.

I think Tebow & Co. presented a bigger problem than Woodson will. UF has playmakers at WR, UK does not. Woodson is a great QB and a more pure QB than Tebow, but Tebow can scramble. Tebow's versatility caused LSU problems that Woodson will not present.

My friend told me about that 600lbs gorilla with a chainsaw for a penis. He thought it was the funniest comment in the world. Where was that comparison posted, one of the discussion boards on some LSU sports site?

LSU guys...

1)Do you want Les to go?

2)Who is your ideal replacement?

3)Who do you think your repleacement will be?

*the difference between 2 and 3 is that ideally you can say "Spurrier" but reality is that he is hostage in SC for the next 6yrs. :smiley_acbe:

not an LSU fan, but pretty attuned to the situations down here as I do love college football.

1. While Les is evidently an excellent recruiter, I don't think LSU runs too big a risk by having to change coaches. It's not like Miles is head and shoulders above the other coaches in the SEC when it comes to strategy and in-game coaching. I'm not saying he's terrible, just not distinguishing the way Spurrier, Meyer and Richt are.

As for #2 and #3, Skip Bertman would never pay the amount of money that Spurrier would require. In addition, I think Spurrier relishes the job at SC more because it is "his" program. If he came to Baton Rouge, he would have to endure the same non-sense Miles has gotten about "he's winning with Saban's guys." Who here doesn't think that would drive Spurrier absolutely batty?

The real quandary LSU is going to find itself in is that they can't retain Bo Pellini without making him a head coach? He's going to be a head coach somewhere after this year and my bet is that it won't be LSU.

How's about Bill Cowher for coach? He could take over the defense when Pellini leaves and let Crowton run his mad scientist experiment on the other side of the ball.

Jack of the River, though he has ties to Louisiana and Baton Rouge, would be a HORRIBLE hire.

2. Bill Belichick

I would LOVE to hear this guy's recruiting pitch in some kid's living room.

Would he even answer a recruit's questions? Or would he just say that he was not required to divulge that information?

I actually kind of hope LSU hires him because as much as the press here bitched about Saban and are just now warming to Miles, they would go batshit crazy if he were running the post game news conferences.

The real quandary LSU is going to find itself in is that they can't retain Bo Pellini without making him a head coach? He's going to be a head coach somewhere after this year and my bet is that it won't be LSU.

Agreed. I wonder if LSU could just have the two coordinators without a head coach. Let Pellini and Crowton run the team, with an asst to run special teams.

I don't think Cowher will take a College job, not when he can get a whole lot more $$$$$$$ from 20/32 teams in the NFL.

Agreed. I wonder if LSU could just have the two coordinators without a head coach. Let Pellini and Crowton run the team, with an asst to run special teams.

I think it will be infinitely easier to find a replacement for Pellini than for Crowton, not to degrade Pellini at all, though.

Crowton just does so many exotic things with that offense that it is actually impossible to stop them for 4 quarters. I have to believe that it is much more difficult to find a creative offensive mind than someone who can coach the kind of talent LSU has on defense.

awesome thread...thanks Purple, good to see you chiming in here bro. I know u know your LSU football.

I think Les Miles benefits from hiring great offensive coodinators and defensive coordinators, he isn't afraid to hire the best. It is an interesting situation and Michigan, from what i understand, is exempted from his contract as a place he can leave for...and I think it's the only school. He has really grown on me this year, but I guess winning does that.

I don't see how Bo Pellini isn't your next head coach if Miles leaves...the University must be sick of going after guys and having them leave quick...assuming Miles does.

LSU guys...

1)Do you want Les to go?

2)Who is your ideal replacement?

3)Who do you think your repleacement will be?

*the difference between 2 and 3 is that ideally you can say "Spurrier" but reality is that he is hostage in SC for the next 6yrs. :smiley_acbe:

I am not an LSU fan, but as a fan of college football in general, I would guess that they would try and lure Jimbo Fisher back from Florida State.

Jimbo was the OC at LSU for many, many years and is very respected in those parts.

Purple&Gold, and any other LSU fans -- do you not think that Jimbo would be the first choice???

I cannot think of one coach they would want more than him given the ties to the program and established credibility he has..

Hunt sorry for the late response as to many of my esteemed tigers took the bull by the horns-
I do see Miles leaving and while I gained MUCH more respect for the guy after 5-5 on 4th downs this week, his heart and soul lies with the Wolverines. Having said that, Spurrier would cost too much and Bertman is a cheapass. Spurrier has alot to prove since he was told that he would never win a SEC @ SC, I think he stays- Jimbo would be an OK choice, but once again he is a decent coordinator/upgrade, there are many better out there. If he builds a better pedigree at FSU by year end I may change my vote on him. I shave heard rumblings that Petrino has already been talked to off the record as well as Del Rio, B/c of his Saints ties. These are no more than here say.
Having said all of this- It is very difficult to go un beaten in the SEC, but we have it lined up good this year- we'll see!!
I like the tigers to roll by two TD's, but Doucet will be a little rusty.

TIGATOR-PLEASE EXCUSE MY THREAD JACKING
Blue, the chainsaw penis comment was made on Finebaum if I remember correctly. At least that is where I came across the article.
Funny how cemented he was in hating on Miles all the while rubbing on Nickys junk. Now they are measuring rope to hang Saban and starting to give Miles partial credit while STILL throwing the Sabans players comments out there.

Pelini WILL NOT get the head job at LSU. I would love for him to though.
LSU has the you have to be a head coach prior to get the job mentality.
Which marks off Fisher as well. Fisher is not near as good or as loved as what is out there. IMO Fisher cost this program another national title or at least a solid shot at one. Go back 6 years and the one constant was a piss poor underperforming offense and Jimbo as the O.C.
I've heard it all and I watched these players.....1st Rounders get wasted away on offense year after year. Just look at last year at the passing talent we had. 3 first rounders and IMO BOWE could have been a top ten pick as well had he been utilized the way other similar talents were used by their teams. I was high on BOWE and JEMARCUS the whole way and had people tell me they wouldnt even get drafted. It was great to see Russell get his just due when the money was on the table. Was it Miles last year that continually ran it up the middle at Auburn while the whole fanbase was IRATE screaming pass the MFing ball? We really will never know but clearly Jimbo had a plethora of talent and if you look at offensive production he just came up short IMO. Wins/Losses he had a great run here but statistically and knowing anything about football tells you the guy was an underachiever at best. That is just my twisted opinion and I have argued with many Jimbo lovers around here.
I call it like I see it not how the media tells me it is.
I celebrated the day we signed Bowe and JR and we never saw half of what we should have saw. I'm pretty set on the fact that Jimbo is ALL HYPE. Look at that killer Seminole offense this year........THEY CAN HAVE IT.

Spurrier - everyone seems to think they know but IMO he wants out of SC sooner rather than later. Skip will only be here through the summer as acting A.D. So technically Spurrier would never coach a game with SKIP as A.D. if he took the job.

SKIP will do his best to fock this hire up as well. By the way NEVER liked Miles until this season. I still question 40% of his decisions but that is down from 85% the past couple years. He has done very well in a crazy environment but yes he came into a magic situation. The next coach (if LES leaves - IMO ONLY Les would leave lol)
would have a good spot to walk into but I dont see the same SABANs players type situation for him. I think I could go in and do a damn good job by letting my coordinators do their thing. I honestly think Miles sort of went with this approach this year. Fisher was forced on Miles and I really think Miles tried to run him out of town. It worked and Miles was able to make his own damn decision (what a thought) and went with Crowton.
EXCELLENT MOVE LES! Miles is the CEO coach if you will. If it works why bother making moves just to say you made them?

Miles has grown on me in many ways and its not JUST because we are winning. He is trying to get little advantages in many different ways and I really like watching him grow as a coach. He is the luckiest mfer I have ever seen. I dont have the stats but Im remembering maybe 9 straight fourth down attempts he has made in the past couple years. He has laid it out there many times and thus far it has always worked from what I remember.

In closing, Miles is gone, Fisher aint coming back, and Pelini and Crowton are two of the better coordinators in the country. As ugly as it sounds losing either coordinator will be much harder to overcome than losing Miles. Miles is a great recruiter, a solid guy, and a decent coach in that order. Pelini picked up where Nick left off and has had even more success than Nick at getting these guys ready to play lights out. Nick deserves credit for being a dick and getting the facilities where they are.
Besides that I dont miss him and never did (I was one of the few). I blamed Saban for the pathetic offense and just last year realized it was Jimbo all along.

I wanted Petrino, Rich, or Spurrier when Miles was hired.
Notice the trend I wanted a freaking offense.
Now that Crowton is here I could give a flying rats ass who we hire as long as we pay Mr. Crowton whatever he wants. The defensive talent will always come to some extent. I would hate to lose Pelini but thats what comes with winning.

SOMEBODY GET BILL COWHER ON THE PHONE I love that idea.
BUT he has to shut up and let Crowton run the offense.

I rambled through this but I gots work to do.

Bring on the MILDCATS!!!

I am not an LSU fan, but as a fan of college football in general, I would guess that they would try and lure Jimbo Fisher back from Florida State.

Jimbo was the OC at LSU for many, many years and is very respected in those parts.

Purple&Gold, and any other LSU fans -- do you not think that Jimbo would be the first choice???

I cannot think of one coach they would want more than him given the ties to the program and established credibility he has..

Not a chance Fisher returns to Baton Rouge. He was a mediocre OC anyway, and now he has an offense to figure out in Tallahassee. LSU fans will not call for Fisher's reutrn... this I promise.

I just realized LSU is 0-3 ATS in the last 3
LSU was backdoored versus the COCKS
LSU forgot they had a game against Tulane
LSU was lucky as FOCK to win SU versus Florida

Its been a LOOOOOOOONG time since LSU went 0-4 ATS
I just talked myself into a substantial wager on this game
I really really like LSU -10 or lower give it a DR P&G 4 Star Play

I just realized LSU is 0-3 ATS in the last 3
LSU was backdoored versus the COCKS
LSU forgot they had a game against Tulane
LSU was lucky as FOCK to win SU versus Florida

Its been a LOOOOOOOONG time since LSU went 0-4 ATS
I just talked myself into a substantial wager on this game
I really really like LSU -10 or lower give it a DR P&G 4 Star Play

Don't worry about the 0-4 ATS trend, P&G. I say bet LSU -10 if you want. You are smart enough to know the match-up; UK is one-sided and has thrived off of avg almost 6 yds per carry -- I guarantee their rushing game does not keep this avg after Saturday. LSU is balanced and superior in every way. LSU will not look past UK, as they are no longer flying under the radar, and any coach that does his job knows about Woodson, so he won't be a surprise either.

Bill Cowher will be coaching in the NFL next year, not college. One of the factors in his leaving the Steelers was he wanted the blockbuster contract which the Rooneys would never give. Coughlin's extension last year was as much a one year stopgap as anything, and if Coughlin stumbles, Cowher will be the Giants coach next year at around $6 to $7m a year. If Coughlin keeps his job, Cowher will be elsewhere in the NFL where they're willing to pay.

The worst news for LSU is that somehow the dinosaur AD would be leading another coaching search. Price was as big a factor 3 years ago for him as anything.

I think Pelini would be the biggest mistake that could be made by LSU and as much as I like him as DC I pray that won't be considered. In cfb, if you don't recruit, your program will spiral into the toilet in less than 4 years which LSU fans know all too well. Pelini has not shown the desire or energy to recruit and get on the road while at LSU, and while he may step it up as HC, it's uncertain. One thing that can be said for Miles when he was hired is that he has a hard-working, energetic recruiter at OSU. Also, the thin skin Pelini showed 3 years ago calls into question his makeup to be a head coach as well. After the UT game in 2005, Pelini pouted and refused to talk to the media the rest of the year. Personal skills and having very thick skin are a requirement for any SEC head coach.

If Skip weren't in charge, I think Del Rio would be the logical guy. If he is, then it will be a head coach at a smaller school based on his criteria last time.

BTW, let me correct one thing that has circulated incorrectly here and elsewhere. Miles is NOT exempted from his contract to return to Michigan. In fact, there's a HIGHER buyout in his contract to go to Michigan. Skip was always concerned about this scenario. When he was hired, LSU originally attempted, with Miles agreeing, to put in his contract that he could not leave LSU for Michigan at all--that's how bad Miles wanted the job. However, the attorneys said it was practically unenforcable so they settled on making the buyout twice as high for Michigan (think it's over $1 million which really isn't that high). But there is no exemption for Michigan, this I know for a fact.

Tigator, sorry for contributing to the thread hijacking, couldn't resist throwing in my 2 cents on this issue. As far as your picks, not sold on FSU, but couldn't take the other side, and definitely like the rest. The situation is not the best for LSU this weekend, but it's a very good matchup IMO. Kentucky needs to run to set up their passing game, and they shouldn't be able to. They were able to run it on USC, which has a weak run D (but great pass D), and still only managed 23 points.

Posted record-
25-20-0 +8.0u
Teasers-0-2 -4u
ML Plys- 1-0- +2.3u
Wk 1 record 5-3
Wk 2 record- 6-2 +8.6U
Wk 3 record 5-4 +.10 u
Wk 4 record 3-4 -1.4u

WK 5 record 1-5 -8.7u
Navy/Pitt U 52(3u) L
Navy +1.5 2nd half-(2u) W
FSU-5.5 (2u)L
Over 22 FSU/Wake 2nd (3u)-W
2-2 Down to bad blows this week already -no defense in that Navy game/FSU offense still a major concern--.50u
Still pending-
LSU-9 (5u)
SCarl-6 (3u)
Wash+12 (2u)
CNtral Fla +12 (2u)
Adding Hawaii-17 (2u)
Tenn-7 (2u)
iowa+4.5 (3u)

thanks tigator..appreciate it bro.

great thread fellas..very interesting stuff.

Back